The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #901
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

I only enjoy 3D when a movie is actually shot in 3D. Post conversion does nothing for me and it never looks that good/convincing to me. Sometimes the 3D is so bad I can't discern any difference in the image if I take off the glasses.
That being said, I honestly don't get the 3D hate. As long as a film is available in both formats, we are all winners.

The thing that does annoy me a bit is the extra darkness caused by wearing the glasses. But that is a problem which could be solved by the cinema, by them turning up the brightness on the projector.

I have a 3D TV and BluRay player. When I watch a film in 3D I just crank up the brightness a few notches. Looks great. Then I just dial it back down after.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 11-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #902
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Of course they do whine. What's the result we get each time? '3D didn't add anything'. People, you fall hook line and sinker every time. Stop buying into post 3D films, we've never had a good post conversion movie and we're not going to get one, stop buying into the bull **** every studio tries to spin you. The films are never enhanced, all you're doing is encouraging them to continue to rip you off. For christ sake stop encouraging them, stop wasting your money.
Dude it's called matinee lol Besides I, myself, plan on seeing this multiple times anyway. the money is already gone. And it's not a wast if you are enjoying your favorite character on the big screen. If they want to spend their hard earned money it's their prerogative. Plus if people don't waste and extra 4-5 bucks on the 3D movie they'll waste it somewhere else anyway. Why do people make such a big deal about this? lol If people really want to make a statement and save money they should wait until it comes on Netflix or even better, wait until it's on Redbox. $1.25.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #903
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Dude it's called matinee lol Besides I, myself, plan on seeing this multiple times anyway. the money is already gone. And it's not a wast if you are enjoying your favorite character on the big screen. If they want to spend their hard earned money it's their prerogative. Plus if people don't waste and extra 4-5 bucks on the 3D movie they'll waste it somewhere else anyway. Why do people make such a big deal about this? lol If people really want to make a statement and save money they should wait until it comes on Netflix or even better, wait until it's on Redbox. $1.25.
not to mention, just see the 2D version. That's what I do. I don't enjoy 3D at all.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #904
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I can understand why Warner decided to post-convert; while TDKR made a crap load of money, it would of made even more $$ if the film was also available in 3D like The Avengers was. I will probably see it in 2D, as i feel 3D just doesn't serve any purpose nor does it increase my viewing experience. Smart on Warner's part. I really hope this film is not only good, but makes a crap load of cash. I would really love 3 solid Superman films.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #905
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, assuming if the film does live up to expectations, I'll definitely be seeing it at least 3 times:

1. In 2D
2. In 3D
3. In IMAX

I'll be seeing it in IMAX first. Then maybe 3D.

They might just release the 3D versions in the IMAX theaters anyway.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #906
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Fantastic.

Yeah, Snyder said all the right things there.

We also know it is a WB's money grab.

Marvel loves doing the money grab also.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #907
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
The Imax better have a 2d option. Watching the avengers on post-converted 3D imax literally gave me a headache.

You weren't the only one. I couldn't stand that Avengers post converted 3D crap. It was terrible IMO.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #908
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Film is a business. Just watch it in 2D if you don't like it. I'm pretty sure the 3D theaters will sell a ton of tickets. Think of it as people contributing their money for a sequel. People can do what they want with their money right?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #909
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

I want to see it in 2D, not interesting in 3D. If the advanced screening is in 3D I might skip it.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #910
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I just want to be able to watch it in 2D IMAX. That's my favorite way of watching movies, period. 3D is making it so that 2D IMAX is rarely even an option anymore. So no, "just watch it in 2D" doesn't make it all better. I'd have absolutely no problem with 3D's existence if it wasn't annihilating my preferred format altogether.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #911
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I just want to be able to watch it in 2D IMAX. That's my favorite way of watching movies, period. 3D is making it so that 2D IMAX is rarely even an option anymore. So no, "just watch it in 2D" doesn't make it all better. I'd have absolutely no problem with 3D's existence if it wasn't annihilating my preferred format altogether.
2D IMAX is the best way to watch a movie
Say what you will about TDKR, it was a 2hr45 minute eyegasm in IMAX.

Free Original Music
Old 11-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #912
Deathstroke
Banned User

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ring-brad-pitt

Here's the film that could potentially affect Man of Steel's box office. It comes out the week after. June 21st 2013.

Pixar's Monsters University comes out that week too.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #913
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ring-brad-pitt

Here's the film that could potentially affect Man of Steel's box office. It comes out the week after. June 21st 2013.
Its the other way around. Man of Steel will affect World War Z's BO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
Pixar's Monsters University comes out that week too.
Now that's a different matter. Supes stands little chance against them monsters.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #914
matrix_ghost
movie fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Of course they do whine. What's the result we get each time? '3D didn't add anything'. People, you fall hook line and sinker every time. Stop buying into post 3D films, we've never had a good post conversion movie and we're not going to get one, stop buying into the bull **** every studio tries to spin you. The films are never enhanced, all you're doing is encouraging them to continue to rip you off. For christ sake stop encouraging them, stop wasting your money.
If you don't have a 2-d option as it's so often is in markets outside the states ( here in holland movies that are in 3-d are always shown in 3-d. You never get a 2-d option) , you don't really have a choice. Unless of course you just wait it out till the movie arrives on cable or dvd.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #915
Deathstroke
Banned User

With the mainstream popularity of Walking Dead now, WWZ could be a hit.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #916
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Pitt hasn't been in a bomb, unless it's like an ensemble where he wasn't the lead.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #917
FilmNerdJamie
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
SHH! Global Moderator

I wouldn't be worried about World War Z. Disney is having to re-release Monsters Inc. to remind people it exits (despite being quite the big hit and well-liked). That doesn't speak well to Monsters University.

Superman's gonna be just fine.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #918
Project862006
Banned User

only zombie movie that has done really well at BO is I Am Legend and that starred Will Smith brad is not as big as will when it come to box office

Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #919
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Yeah. That World War Z trailer is getting alot of negative reaction from fans of the book. But I wouldn't rule it out at the box office cause of the big zombie kick everyone's on as of late, and Brad Pitt.

Monsters University is another matter though... At least Man of Steel kind of caters to both adults and children in terms of appeal so it might have that working for it. Plus if word of mouth is extremely positive MOS might not take on a big attendance hit in the second week.

Are release dates locked in for these films? I figure there's alot of baiting done by studios when it comes to these films. They want to try and find a nice spot where they can get an uncontested run.

If Man of Steel doesn't stay at no. 1 in the box office for 3-4 weeks is it considered a failure to WB? I know Avengers and TDK/R stayed no. 1 for ages.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #920
Krumm
Beer Snob

The only got out of World War Z was, "Look this movie has A LOT of zombies!"

Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #921
Micromind
Side-Kick

It would be fun to see some headlines on news sites like -

Box Office Battle between : World War Z -A movie with a lot of Zombies against MOS by Zack Snyder, director who directed Dawn of the dead- A Zombie movie.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #922
G.Godfrey
Banned User

That World War Z trailer makes Snyder's Dawn of The Dead look like The Godfather.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #923
G.Godfrey
Banned User

I hate The Hobbit. Not only because it was probably one of the main reasons for MOS to move to June but because If it wasn't for it we would have the trailer in about 10 days (GL, TDK, TDKR all debuted trailers 7 months in advance) and some stills/promotional material by now. Now im guessing WB will wait until the end of the month for that. Not that im THAT impatient, lol, but im just sayin', you know....f*** them little ugly Hobbits!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #924
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
That World War Z trailer makes Snyder's Dawn of The Dead look like The Godfather.
+1

Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #925
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I hate The Hobbit. Not only because it was probably one of the main reasons for MOS to move to June but because If it wasn't for it we would have the trailer in about 10 days (GL, TDK, TDKR all debuted trailers 7 months in advance) and some stills/promotional material by now. Now im guessing WB will wait until the end of the month for that. Not that im THAT impatient, lol, but im just sayin', you know....f*** them little ugly Hobbits!