The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 10-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #826
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Effectively handing the lead role to David Mazouz is only the best decision the show has ever made.

Problem is I find the execution of the last episodes really sloppy, despite great acting by the cast.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #827
DR14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I'm actually really liking the show this season. I walked away from it a couple of seasons ago because I felt it was too all over the place and pretty poor at times. Things season seem more streamlined and focused.

While I was a bit weary of putting Bruce in costume so early, I actually think it helped focus the series, and if anything, and gave it something to move towards as opposed to the " throwing things at the wall to see what sticks", stuff they were doing before.
Yeah, I was too but this show needs a compelling hero character. Jim isn't cutting it and is now doing what he tried to fight against in season 1.

DR14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #828
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR14 View Post
Yeah, I was too but this show needs a compelling hero character. Jim isn't cutting it and is now doing what he tried to fight against in season 1.
according to what i saw on tumble from set
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
jim is going to become captain jim gordon later in season
so yeah they are going back to his s1 rots.almost like they decered to say forget about seasons 2 and 3 we are going back to s1 for jim

Old 10-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #829
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathemy View Post
Effectively handing the lead role to David Mazouz is only the best decision the show has ever made.

Problem is I find the execution of the last episodes really sloppy, despite great acting by the cast.
it sure was.it has become a proty[e batman begins season so far just like season 1 was penguin begins and seasons 2 and 3 we almost ridller begins

except for riddlerette i liked episode 3.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #830
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Some info from NYCC panel yesterday, credit to Comic Book Club

Quote:
Ben McKenzie wrote this week’s episode of #Gotham, it focused on Ra’s al Ghul

McKenzie was writing the episode while he and Morena Baccarin were getting married, and on their honeymoon

Will there be a Bat-Cat connection this season? “Hell yeah, there will!” - Mazouz

“You’ll see a side of Alfred that’s never been seen before,” says @seanpertwee

@robinlordtaylor says Penguin’s main adversary this season is Jim Gordon. “Neither of us want chaos, but both of us want to be in control.” Taylor notes that if Bruce wants to be the man he wants to be, he’s going to have to confront everyone in #Gotham

“Batman has the ultimate control of the city, but it’s going to be a fight,” - Mazouz

“There’s a few lessons we have to teach him” - Taylor

@missmorenab says you may not recognize Lee when she returns, “so look around” #Gotham Look for Lee to first show up in a fight club, but otherwise Baccarin wouldn’t say anything further

Butch returns as Solomon Grundy, teaming with Riddler to find Lee in The Narrows

“Barbara is the most useful ally I could find at the top of the show,” says Alexander Siddig about Ra’s motivation

Mazouz says he just watched Batman Forever to study up, and Bicondova is losing it

.@robinlordtaylor says trying to murder someone on #Gotham is a positive thing. “You tried to kill me? You care!”

Sofia and Oswald will meet on this week’s episode... Sofia needs Penguin for a mysterious purpose

“Ivy is going through a really dark change...” In episode 12, “a whole new Ivy will emerge,” says Danny Cannon

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:47 AM   #831
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Or you can watch the whole panel

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #832
herolee10
No More Miracles

Am I the only one who is t really impressed with how they have portrayed Ra's Al Ghul so far? I mean prior to introducing him on screen last season, they really presented a larger than life mystique about him whenever someone made a reference to his character.

But now? He just feels like any other season villain that we have seen in the past. I mean he doesn't even come off as someone who is supposed to have unlimited resources, let alone some of the world's most well experienced and trained fighters and assassins.

I mean having him also get involved with the likes of Barbara and actually going around and masquerading as a foreign emissary seems beneath the character.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote