The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #26
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick
 
Ratcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,620
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Wow I love this song!

Oh, wait, I forgot, cool people are supposed to think Linkin Park is a bunch of lame posers.

...Screw it, cool people suck. I love this song!

__________________
Joker: Tell me something my friend; You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Ratcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:38 AM   #27
ClintF
Victims, aren't we all
 
ClintF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BFE, North Carolina
Posts: 513
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Am I the only one that thinks it sounds a LOT like "what i've done"? Both songs are great, this one is better for the fact of the effected drums(terminator-ish sounding as someone mentioned)Still I think it sounds very close to the first song.

__________________

ClintF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #28
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,192
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Cool song. Very fitting for TF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintF View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it sounds a LOT like "what i've done"? Both songs are great, this one is better for the fact of the effected drums(terminator-ish sounding as someone mentioned)Still I think it sounds very close to the first song.
Sound wise it's nothing like What I've Done, but musically it's got the same chord progression just in F instead of G if I remember correctly.
My guess is it's deliberate to tie the films together musically.

Moridin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #29
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!
 
DarkJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 372
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Christ almighty, people like Linkin Park? I damn near **** myself when "What I've Done" was played, not once but ****ing TWICE in the first movie. Linkin Park wrote both of their songs on their first album "The Fast Song" and "The Not Fast Song"

The Fast Song: Mike raps about **** knows what and Chester screams an annoyingly repetitive chorus to ensure every Junior High student on the planet can remember how their song goes. Screw lyrical depth, just make it catchy.

The Not Fast Song: Mike goes home and has a life while Chester and co. remain in the studio to record Chester whining over a bland and generic music track.

Rinse and repeat on every single album for the past 10 years and here we are: the New Divide that sounds like the same redundant **** we already hated by 2001

DarkJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #30
PJBoy
Side-Kick
 
PJBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Loved this song.

They played it at MTV Awards too.

PJBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #31
Darthkush
Avenger
 
Darthkush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stark towers.
Posts: 2,912
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Finally heard it in it's entirety and I love it. Linkin Park isn't really the best band ever but I do like them. They've got some catchy ditties. Add this one to that list.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #32
ClintF
Victims, aren't we all
 
ClintF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BFE, North Carolina
Posts: 513
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
Christ almighty, people like Linkin Park? I damn near **** myself when "What I've Done" was played, not once but ****ing TWICE in the first movie. Linkin Park wrote both of their songs on their first album "The Fast Song" and "The Not Fast Song"

The Fast Song: Mike raps about **** knows what and Chester screams an annoyingly repetitive chorus to ensure every Junior High student on the planet can remember how their song goes. Screw lyrical depth, just make it catchy.

The Not Fast Song: Mike goes home and has a life while Chester and co. remain in the studio to record Chester whining over a bland and generic music track.

Rinse and repeat on every single album for the past 10 years and here we are: the New Divide that sounds like the same redundant **** we already hated by 2001
I know it was at the end credits but where else was it also played in the first film?

__________________

ClintF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #33
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,363
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

I'm also at a loss to the other playing of 'WID' during the first movie......

__________________
*Insert clever, witty movie quote here*
Dr Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #34
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,869
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I'm also at a loss to the other playing of 'WID' during the first movie......
Its playing on the radio when Sam drops Mikaela off at her house.

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #35
DemonicFoil
Comics,Games,Movies
 
DemonicFoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 511
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

I use to think Linkin Park was alright back when their first 2 albums came out but im not digging any of their new stuff lately.

DemonicFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #36
rashad
Hype Board Junkie
 
rashad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,492
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Their new stuff gets far too much hate. I happen to like the songs Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow Of The Day.




Last edited by rashad; 06-07-2009 at 05:25 PM.
rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #37
Rocker22
Side-Kick
 
Rocker22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 9,232
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Here is the video...has some new footage in there:
http://www.myspace.com/linkinpark

__________________
XBL Gamertag= Rocker22

Last edited by Rocker22; 06-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Rocker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #38
BLACK-SPIDEY
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere near the sands of time.....
Posts: 1,751
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker22 View Post
Here is the video...has some new footage in there:
http://www.myspace.com/linkinpark
damn that shot with OP firing the cannon looks awesome.

BLACK-SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #39
KenK
Side-Kick
 
KenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Tenth Circle of Hell(aka Oxon Hill, MD)
Posts: 10,655
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

Melodically, it's kind of similar to "What I've Done", but it's still a fairly solid song. I like the bridge a lot. And the video is fantastic. The pixelated transitions are really nice.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #40
BLACK-SPIDEY
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere near the sands of time.....
Posts: 1,751
Default Re: "New Divide" Theme Song by Linkin Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEk9t...c-HM-fresh+div

i like his piano version, i could picture it as a sad moment in the movie.

BLACK-SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.