The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #201
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

I wonder how long it'll take the studios to cast the new Batman.

Favorite character: Batman
Favorite CBMs: X-Men: Days of Future Past; Watchmen; Batman v Superman; The Dark Knight Rises; The Dark Knight; Logan; Captain America: Civil War
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #202
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Well, they can't take too long if they want this movie out by 2015. I would assume that once Cavill wraps Man from UNCLE, he'll go straight into shooting this. So I would imagine the announcement to come no later than that. Not sure how long that will be though.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #203
Serpico Jones
Banned User

I would assume filming will start sometime early next year so I think we'll get our new Batman in the next few months.

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #204
JOE

We need a title and a Batman. I hope they cast younger this time, give the guy a long career in front of him.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #205
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Well, they can't take too long if they want this movie out by 2015. I would assume that once Cavill wraps Man from UNCLE, he'll go straight into shooting this. So I would imagine the announcement to come no later than that. Not sure how long that will be though.
Yeah, that's true. 2015 isn't too far away from now.

Favorite CBMs: X-Men: Days of Future Past; Watchmen; Batman v Superman; The Dark Knight Rises; The Dark Knight; Logan; Captain America: Civil War
Old 07-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #206
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Given they'll start filming from February -ish, I'm betting they'll announce the new batman around Christmas time, or if we're lucky even earlier.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #207
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
We need a title and a Batman. I hope they cast younger this time, give the guy a long career in front of him.
I'm for either, just make him much older, or much younger. we've already seen middle-aged batman. It makes more sense for him to be a younger batman with what they set up in Man of Steel with Superman being the first ever superhero.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #208
X Knight
Watchful Protector

isn't this exciting??

we're gonna get a new Batman!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #209
MrMaooz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I wonder how long it'll take the studios to cast the new Batman.
He should be cast by the end of this year.

MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #210
JOE

Batman's new movie is going to be weird after MOS 2, anyone else getting that feeling? We've never had a stand alone after a character's appearance in another movie.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #211
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
isn't this exciting??

we're gonna get a new Batman!!!
Sure. I just hope I'm satisfied with WB's choice for the role.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #212
DarkSentinel
Banned User

Actually, I think it'd be pretty cool to lead up to the JL film with Batman having cameos in each of the solo films, studying each potential JL member and creating "contingency plans" for them. Then go the JL: Doom route for the JL film.

Who's with me?

DarkSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #213
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Actually, I think it'd be pretty cool to lead up to the JL film with Batman having cameos in each of the solo films, studying each potential JL member and creating "contingency plans" for them. Then go the JL: Doom route for the JL film.

Who's with me?
Too Batman centric if you ask me.lol

I would rather have a shared universe where Batman isn't portrayed as the god of the DCU.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #214
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Too Batman centric if you ask me.lol

I would rather have a shared universe where Batman isn't portrayed as the god of the DCU.lol
I agree with this, and even though I'm a bigger batman fan than I am Supes, Bats should no way, in any form, be put higher than Supes. If they end up having a fight, let it be in the vein of when Iron Man meets Thor, and neither really win. Have them be distrustful of each other at first, then by the end have an understanding and trustful of one another.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #215
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
I agree with this, and even though I'm a bigger batman fan than I am Supes, Bats should no way, in any form, be put higher than Supes. If they end up having a fight, let it be in the vein of when Iron Man meets Thor, and neither really win. Have them be distrustful of each other at first, then by the end have an understanding and trustful of one another.
I'd go a step further and suggest it should go just like that fight where it's clear Thor would have eventually destroyed Iron Man if Cap didn't intervene in the end.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #216
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
Indeed; I mean if these two are meant to be the two pillars that hold up the DC universe, let alone the Justice League team, then having them going at it towards each other or trying to present one being clearly superior over the other isn't a good idea.

These two should be portrayed as friends in the long run, brothers at arms; not enemies.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #217
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Maybe you guys can help me out here- They're introducing the new Batman in a team up movie, or are they planning on a solo film first? Ditto for Superman, no MOS2 just yet? They're going straight for the team up?

Weird...

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #218
DigificWriter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Maybe you guys can help me out here- They're introducing the new Batman in a team up movie, or are they planning on a solo film first? Ditto for Superman, no MOS2 just yet? They're going straight for the team up?

Weird...
This team-up IS MoS 2, which, with the involvement of Batman, also makes it the first time we'll see a rebooted Batman.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #219
JOE

I have a very bad feeling about this movie...

Old 07-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #220
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Knowing Goyer lines will be like "I am Batman. I will stop you Superman!" "No, I will stop you from stopping me. I have powers you don't." "I have special equipment to combat your powers." SMASH, POW, BANG, WHOA... "Wait, we should be fighting Lex. He is the real enemy. How can I know I can trust you?" "You can't." "Okay, well... let's work together." "Okay, get in my batmobile." "No thanks, I'll fly there and meet you."

Bran-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #221
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran-El View Post
Knowing Goyer lines will be like "I am Batman. I will stop you Superman!" "No, I will stop you from stopping me. I have powers you don't." "I have special equipment to combat your powers." SMASH, POW, BANG, WHOA... "Wait, we should be fighting Lex. He is the real enemy. How can I know I can trust you?" "You can't." "Okay, well... let's work together." "Okay, get in my batmobile." "No thanks, I'll fly there and meet you."

Sounds like every superhero team-up ever. I hope they're a little more creative than that, but lately, superhero movies have been messy, creatively bankrupt bores... So I'm sure it'll go exactly as you predict.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #222
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran-El View Post

Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #223
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Personally, even if they're involving an antagonist such as Lex in this and trying to set them against each other, let Bats and Supes be distrustful of each other even before then. Superman would be wary of Batman's ways, while Bats is distrustful of this 'alien' that swears is 'all good'.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #224
GENERAL RAAM582
A Rebellion Built on Hope

I just want to say, I lost all my **** when this movie got announced. Bring it on! There are so many wonderful opportunities for this film.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #225
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Reverse of dark knight returns where they the government asks For Batmans assistance in taking Superman down

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote