The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 66 39.76%
9 68 40.96%
8 21 12.65%
7 6 3.61%
6 2 1.20%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.60%
3 2 1.20%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #326
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

You know what I like best about this movie? It never hits a lull at all, it's relentless, the Russo's are far better than Whedon. Re-watching this made me realise how much I really hated all the CG in Avengers AOU. I can't wait to see what they do with the next Avengers.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #327
iambranded
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
You know what I like best about this movie? It never hits a lull at all, it's relentless, the Russo's are far better than Whedon. Re-watching this made me realise how much I really hated all the CG in Avengers AOU. I can't wait to see what they do with the next Avengers.
agreed.....this is the best Marvel movie of all time in my book...
it had everything

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #328
iambranded
Side-Kick

and the fact that the Russo's are all over Cap: Civil War...and both Avengers movies...
This has potential to be the greatest run of comic movies we have ever seen?

Old 08-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #329
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

Currently watching this movie - its so awesome. Man, it hits all the right feels.

Margot Robbie | Ben Affleck | Will Smith | Gal Gadot | Jared Leto
~The New Faces of the DCEU~
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #330
iambranded
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Currently watching this movie - its so awesome. Man, it hits all the right feels.

Still think its the greatest comic ever

Old 10-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #331
Antman2015
Side-Kick

This film was epic edge of your seat greatness! It really did the Steve Rogers Cap character justice and I like that Whedon kept Cap's prowess and skill at the level the Russo's set. I can't wait to see how they handle characters like Panther and Iron man. Here's to hoping they can't meet and raise the bar on super hero films at least 3 more times!!

Antman2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #332
Consona
Side-Kick

I felt like the biggest hero of the flick was that guy who refused to activate the helicarriers despite the lead member of Strike aiming at his head and he himself not having any superpower...

Otherwise, I thing the film should have been shorter, some action scenes were too long and the action finale too to the point it bored me. I liked more serious tone and more serious topics in the film yet I felt they could have explored them more deeper, actors were fantastic, I loved Steve and Natasha being together, I loved Bucky's and Steve's relationship, their scenes in the finale were really strong point of the film. I really liked Zola's Hydra sequence and overall conspiracy feeling of the film.
Some people compare this film to TDK, but I think TDK is at least one category above this one, like TWS is maybe one of the best comicbook films, but TDK is one of the best films regardless the genre.
To me the most interesting part of TWS was Bucky. Cannot wait for him and Steve being together in Civil War.

So I'm confused, there is a lot of things I love in this film yet I don't think it's that stellar... There are other MCU films I enjoyed more and other cb films from other studios I enjoyed more. Overall one of the better MCU films.

Consona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #333
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Not a Captain America fan, with the exception of the movies. It's weird. This was my second favorite MCU movie after Guardians of the Galaxy.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #334
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I recently (finally!) saw AoU, and oh man, I sorely missed TWS Natasha. I didn't know how much until I got to see the treatment she got in AoU. Her friendship with Steve in TWS was one of the real strengths, and it was basically erased in AoU. Whedon!

I'm glad the Russos are going to touch on it in Civil War, that's for sure! I think the way their friendship is tested there will be one of the more compelling things about it.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:56 PM   #335
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Rewatching this right now. I'm honestly in awe. It's been a minute since I've seen it but oh man. On a technical level I would argue this is Marvels best film. If civil war is even half as good as this, we'll be okay.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:06 AM   #336
Bren
Forevernoob

Watched it (again) last night. Some parts drag a little now but that's because it's the 4th or 5th time I watched it. Fantastic film.

I wasn't that excited about Civil War (I'm a Superman fanboy so BvS had most of my attention), and imo the first trailer was underwhelming. But re-watching CA:WS, enjoying it so much and reminding myself that the same team is in charge of CW, I'm back to pretty darn excited.

Black Panther - 7 / 10

Justice League - 3 / 10
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #337
Arachnid
The Spectacular Webhead

My favorite MCU film by far! If Civil War can be even close to this, then that's a win in my book! Just going to be hard to beat.

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Batman: TAS (TV) 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. Captain America: Civil War 5. Batman: Mask of Phantasm 6. Batman Begins 7. Logan 8. Spider-Man 2 9. The Dark Knight 10. Arrow (TV) 11. Spider-Man: HC
Arachnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:27 AM   #338
☆OldGrey-Man☆
Side-Kick

So I just noticed a massive plot hole in this movie which ruins it for me.

And it is that when he climbs up onto the ship via the ships anchor cable at the start of the movie. Any respectable merchant sea-man like myself knows a ship never drops it anchor that far out at sea.

Jks, Its still awesome

☆OldGrey-Man☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #339
DyeLorean
will return

I rewatched it recently and Sitwell mentions Stephen Strange as a "potential threat to Hydra". How's that? At that point in time Strange was still a surgeon, right? Why would Hydra have an alert about him?

DyeLorean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #340
iambranded
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I rewatched it recently and Sitwell mentions Stephen Strange as a "potential threat to Hydra". How's that? At that point in time Strange was still a surgeon, right? Why would Hydra have an alert about him?
Potential
Remember...he referenced that he the algorithm detects people in the present and in the future that may be a threat....
I love this movie...
Best movie of all time so far

Old 12-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #341
iambranded
Side-Kick

Still the best marvel film to me so far.....