The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #101
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Pocahontas is not a fairytale character.
she is, and she isn't... like alot of american tall tales, there's truth to them and actual historical figures behind them, but they're romanticized from fact quite alot... similarly is Mulan, which is both a fable and both supposedly a documented person as well..

the notion of an older Pocahontas falling in love with John Smith and putting her life on the line for him is a bit falsified. she was quite young.. we don't really know if there was actually any romance.. and we certainly don't know if she saved john smith out of love

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #102
Sawyer
High King

http://tvline.com/2017/12/06/once-up...true-identity/

Kind of surprised they would drop a reveal like that in a preview clip, but I had already been suspecting this was the case when the promo before the three week break showed Belfrey scenes in the present and Rapunzel flashbacks.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:32 AM   #103
Sawyer
High King

I think Rapunzel being Lady Tremaine is just what that character needed. For the past few episodes, I had been wondering why Gabrielle Anwar was a regular and Adelaide Kane wasn't, when Drizella was getting all the good **** and Tremaine had sort of faded to the background.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 12-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #104
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think Rapunzel being Lady Tremaine is just what that character needed. For the past few episodes, I had been wondering why Gabrielle Anwar was a regular and Adelaide Kane wasn't, when Drizella was getting all the good **** and Tremaine had sort of faded to the background.
They could have done a better job of casting a younger Gabrielle Anwar lookalike because the actress they used for the flashback scenes looked nothing like her in present day.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #105
Sawyer
High King

Midseason finale tonight

https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/s...25782799417344

I'm guessing they're talking about Henry, in which case

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 12-16-2017, 01:33 AM   #106
Sawyer
High King

That felt like a lot of story being jammed into a pretty small package, but I am happy that we now know how the curse went down. And they left themselves plenty of narrative space for more backstory in the future (how Rumple ended up that way again, Tremaine kinda (?) ending up on the hero side before her memory got ****ed with, etc.) without having to BS stuff like they have in past seasons.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 12-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #107
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah, it turned out to be a good finale.. too bad the 3 month hiatus will lose all that steam...

so any ideas on who the rest of the witches are ? (assuming they're all from literature)

-The White Witch (Narnia)
-Glenda (i don't think they've used her yet, a villain version would be fun)
-The return of Mal?
-The return of Cruella?
-The Real Ursula?
-Jafar?
-the return of the Queen of Hearts?
-the return of the Gingerbread house Witch?
-Yzma?
-The return of the Snow Queen?
-Baba Yaga?
-The Sanderson Sisters?
-Wicked witch of the East?

assuming no more black fairy (though she should still be lingering?)

Old 12-21-2017, 02:54 AM   #108
Sawyer
High King

Eddy and Adam alluded to a character from The Haunted Mansion in an interview, whichever witch character is involved in that.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #109
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Eddy and Adam alluded to a character from The Haunted Mansion in an interview, whichever witch character is involved in that.
that would basically confirm Madame Leota the medium that floats around in her crystal ball.

I'd also add Madame Mim, and Morgan LeFay as potential candidates as well

Old 01-20-2018, 02:54 AM   #110
Sawyer
High King

Make that directorial debut, gurl.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #111
Sawyer
High King

Once Upon a Time casts Runaways star as Zelena's fiancé
Quote:
Get ready to meet the man who fell for the Wicked Witch when Once Upon a Time returns.

Runaways star Kip Pardue has landed a guest-starring role as the fiancé of Zelena’s cursed alter-ego Kelly, EW has learned exclusively.

In the winter finale, Regina (Lana Parrilla) had tracked down Zelena (Rebecca Mader) in San Francisco, where she was living as a peppy spin instructor named Kelly. Though Regina implored Zelena to return to Hyperion Heights, Zelena was initially hesitant because she’s actually engaged.

Kelly’s fiancé Chad, who will appear in the 150th episode, is described as a clever, romantic guy who’s no stranger to grand gestures. He keeps a cool head and maintains high levels of patience and compassion, even when it seems like his world may be turned upside down. The landmark hour, which will be directed by Parrilla, is slated to air in April.

Once Upon a Time will return Friday, March 2 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #112
Sawyer
High King

Once Upon a Time Casts Tiana's Prince Naveen With Beyond's Jeff Pierre
Quote:
Tiana, your prince has come.

ABC’s Once Upon a Time has cast Jeff Pierre of Freeform’s Beyond in the recurring role of Prince Naveen, TVLine has learned. He will first appear in Episode 12, titled “A Taste of the Heights” and airing Friday, March 9.

Naveen is described as a “fun-loving, freewheeling adventurer who cares little about the dangers of the world. At least, that’s how it appears. In truth, his easy exterior hides a heart struggling with a tragic past — one that he is determined to make amends for, even if it means sacrificing everything he loves in the process….” [Cue ominous ellipse.]

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #113
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Once Upon A Time - Ending with Season 7
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/06/once-upo...series-finale/

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:38 PM   #114
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Not exactly shocking.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #115
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

With what they have done with this season it probably would have been better to end it with last season rather than on a lower note.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #116
Fincher
Too far gone

I can't say I'm surprised, but I've been happy with this season. I think Tilly and Drizella are two of the show's best characters. Since they're announcing it midseason, a real ending can be expected.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #117
Teelie
Merc with a paintbrush

This season hasn't been bad but it hasn't done anything different either. Other than repackaging a few roles in different genders and characters as heroes instead of villians it isn't anything special.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #118
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Good, while I think S7 is a HUGE improvement over S5/6, it is time. They lost their way very fast and tried so hard to be different and PG that it just ruined the show.

Now WB needs to bring Fables to tv.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #119
Sawyer
High King

I'm glad they've been given enough time to wrap stuff up, rather than have the rug pulled out from under them in May, and the show ends with either a cliffhanger or a "Maybe this is it, Maybe not" kind of pseudo-ending. I think the guys said they've still got three episodes left to write, and seemed to have an inkling it was coming, so this ending should be pretty definitive.

I do wish we got more of Andrew J. West's Henry, though. He's been kind of a seamless addition, I just watch him and I'm like "Oh right, he hasn't actually been on the show that long."

I'll be curious to see if any of the cast end up doing pilots this season. The long-timers, probably not. They could probably use some rest. But the newbies, I'd have to imagine...

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #120
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

I wonder if JMo will come back for the finale.

Though I am a bit worried about older characters not returning with their " the S6 finale was their goodbye"

I want the last episode to take entirely in FTL.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 PM   #121
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I wonder if JMo will come back for the finale.

Though I am a bit worried about older characters not returning with their " the S6 finale was their goodbye"
I feel like Morrison will be the big question mark heading toward finale night. I believe in Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin's exit interview, they made it sound like it was a "see you later" rather than a goodbye for them, or something to that effect. And given that it's where they met, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least pop in. Considering Rumple's arc this season, I'd be shocked not to see Emilie, and maybe even Michael Raymond James too, considering...

That really only leaves Jared Gilmore, and I've been hoping they would show something of Henry's arrival in another land. Considering Henry's been essentially the lead character of the reboot, maybe the finale's flashbacks will be of that period in his life.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-07-2018, 06:14 AM   #122
Mani-Man
Side-Kick

It was sadly to be expected that the show wouldnt be able to keep itself going for longer.
They should have left it with the last season and and ended it there.
Now you have a additional season that just feels out of place.

If anything they should have done this season as its own series, maybe then it could have worked a bit longer.

But in the end it was doomed, you had showrunners and writers who werent able or willing to evolve their storytelling.

Im curious about the final episode and if we see the old characters one last time, i dont hold my breath but seeing the original cast back one more time could draw me in.

its a bit sad, i was a fan of the show for so long but this last season has left me completely cold, have not seen one episode and i have no intend on watching them.

Mani-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #123
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah this news isn't shocking what so ever.. this is exactly what happens if you keep beating a dead horse...

Old 02-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #124
CB Fan
The Watcher

Well I was enjoying this season and it’s twist and turns but this shoulda ended two seasons ago.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #125
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

I'm pissed off about this cancellation. The show could have at least gone on another season as a farewell, it seems like they are wrapping everything up too fast. Jennifer will come back no doubt. The original cast will cameo, it just doesn't feel right. This feels way too much like Will & Grace's rushed last season.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote