The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #51
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: One Tree Hill season 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
It would've been nice to see Lucas again, but him not showing up for Dan's final moments makes sense from a character stand-point. We as an audience have seen Dan strive to redeem himself over the seasons, but Dan treated both him and his mother like **** for the first 16/17 years of his life and decided to top it off by killing the closest thing to a father he ever had.

But I loved every character's interaction with Dan tonight. Nate, Haley, Deb, Jamie, Keith... all golden. As much as I enjoyed last week, this episode was the best episode this show has done in a while.
True, I guess if you explain it like that, it was best for Lucas to not show up and then Haley told Dan she talked to him on the phone, but still...Dan is his real father and if Keith even forgave him, Lucas should have while Dan was on his death bed. I don't know, I just think Lucas should've shown up many times in the last three seasons, so maybe that is what's bugging me about a no-show Lucas.

I will agree with all the interactions with Dan. I didn't care for the Clay storyline in the episode because I just wish the episode was ONLY about Dan. Each actor in that storyline really nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I'm glad Lucas didn't show up for Dan. As far as I am concerned, Lucas' father is already dead (R.I.P Keith). I wasn't expecting that Keith cameo at the end. That part got to me.
I wasn't even expecting Keith either. Was Craig Sheffer in the beginning credits or no? I am really glad Dan received that type of closure; aside from the alive characters, I feel that we needed something more of Keith/Dan and we got that last night. Keith even bringing him with him to Heaven made me smile. At the very end, Keith and Dan became actual two brothers that Lucas and Nathan are now.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #52
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Soooo anyone watch it tonight? I totally cried when Clay finally proposed to Quinn

Spider-Man Luvr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #53
Anno_Domini
Banned User

A Green Lantern ring was always going to be my way of asking someone to marry me. Damn you Logan!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #54
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I hope we get some more returning guest stars for the series finale. I feel like the season 4 finale was the perfect ending when Nathan and Lucas had their rematch basketball game like in the pilot.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #55
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I have a little hunch that maybe Chad will show up in the series finale. I mean, if they hid Keith so well...we could definitely see Lucas showing up.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #56
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I hope he shows up again. I wish he could have interacted with other characters when he appeared a few episodes ago. I would love to see Lucas, Peyton, Karen, and Whitey again. They need to come back!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #57
Sawyer
High King

Well, I read that Hilarie Burton was apparently spotted in Wilmington around the time of filming, so Peyton is a possibility, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #58
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I was really impressed with the Keith cameo and the fact that they could keep it a secret. It kind of gave me hope for other characters to return even if it is hush hush.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #59
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lucas and Peyton are definitely a must. Karen, I'm sure if we saw her, Andy would be in tow, so it's kinda like both of them or neither of them kind of deal to me. And with Whitey...I actually was impressed with his final "goodbyes" with the main characters in seasons four and then in six with Dan, so I don't mind if he doesn't show up. This show has strayed away a lot from basketball, so Whitey isn't needed, imo. Plus, Whitey was always the grown up to help the teens grow up, and now with every character in their late twenties, it isn't as necessary to bring in that "Yoda" type of guy like Whitey.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #60
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Series finale tonight

Just saw this and think it's hilarious

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #61
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Quote:
Series finale tonight

Just saw this and think it's hilarious

I saw this earlier today. I liked it.

Anyhoo, while I missed the first hour thanks to that stupid DirecTV blackout, I managed to catch the 2nd hour and spent the whole time crying my eyes out.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #62
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

The first hour was just a series retrospective. Cast and crew interviews. The finale was pretty low key. I knew it wouldn't happen but in the back of my mind I was hoping for a surprise cameo from Lucas, Peyton, or Karen. It was nice to see Bevin though. My favorite scenes were the whole cast singing the theme song with Gavin DeGraw and the finale minute where they show a teenage Jamie in his Raven uniform. I smiled at that.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #63
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

In the last scene, it looked like that even Skills found love.

The ending was very low key, but good. I really hadn't watched the show in a long time.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #64
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Quote:
The first hour was just a series retrospective. Cast and crew interviews. The finale was pretty low key. I knew it wouldn't happen but in the back of my mind I was hoping for a surprise cameo from Lucas, Peyton, or Karen. It was nice to see Bevin though. My favorite scenes were the whole cast singing the theme song with Gavin DeGraw and the finale minute where they show a teenage Jamie in his Raven uniform. I smiled at that.
I was kinda hoping for that too. I had thought for a second that maybe Lucas & Peyton had returned because I saw their names trending earlier, but I guess that didn't happen.

And yeah, when the cast was singing the theme song, that was one of the times I completely lost it. And when Logan said to Clay, "you're already my dad, dad" and called Quinn "mom".....tears flooded from me lol. I loved the finale. I thought it was great.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #65
Sawyer
High King

I love that almost all of the friends were there at the game with the one they love.... and then Chase and Chris Keller are just there with eachother. They didn't even bag the tattooed chicks.

Sucked not to see Lucas, Peyton and Karen again, but the finale was still great. I wasn't really as moved as I expected I'd be, but then, I think when it comes to this show, I was pretty emotionally spent after the whole Dan episode.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #66
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

^ I didn't think I would've cried during that episode, but when Dan & Keith were finally together and their whole conversation, I cried.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #67
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I love that almost all of the friends were there at the game with the one they love.... and then Chase and Chris Keller are just there with eachother.
Maybe Chase and Chris Keller found love with eachother

Having time to think of the series finale after I watched it, I don't think I was a real fan of the episode except for the ending of Jamie Scott on the court. The show was about basketball and it ended with basketball and that felt special. But the episode being all about memories and what not, I didn't really enjoy that.

It would have definitely been nice if Nathan or Lucas was the coach to the Ravens while Jamie was playing though; at least we would've been able to see Lucas and possibly Peyton.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #68
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I still feel that the season 4 finale was the perfect ending. Nathan and Lucas playing a rematch to their first game on the Rivercourt from the first episode was a treat. Also, last season finale with Jamie in his hoodie running with the basketball over the bridge was a great ending too. We've had some pretty great endings over the years (primarily season 4, season 6, and season 8 finales) that I felt were a bit better than the series finale.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #69
Anno_Domini
Banned User

They should've really ended at season six. Sure, there has been some worthwhile storylines in seasons 7-9, but when the main character leaves, I believe the series should have ended.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #70
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
They should've really ended at season six. Sure, there has been some worthwhile storylines in seasons 7-9, but when the main character leaves, I believe the series should have ended.
Tell that to The Office

Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #71
Anno_Domini
Banned User

And look how enjoyable Office is now, lol.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #72
Sawyer
High King

In this show's defense, I think it held up better without CMM and Burton than The Office has without Carrell.

That show is just borderline unwatchable now.... and the border is slowly fading away.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #73
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

I was thinking about this as I was watching the finale: I cannot believe that I first saw Lee Norris as Minkus on Boy Meets World 19 years ago. He's more known as Mouth though than as Minkus, but I will always remember him for both roles.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #74
Sawyer
High King

I remember the first time I watched the show, being surprised as hell that Minkus was on it, whereas now, all these years later, I can't really believe that Mouth was on Boy Meets World as a kid.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #75
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
I remember the first time I watched the show, being surprised as hell that Minkus was on it, whereas now, all these years later, I can't really believe that Mouth was on Boy Meets World as a kid.
He grew up less dorky.

Also, this: