The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
Quasar
Side-Kick

Default TBS Comedies

The threads for TBS shows don't seem to get a ton of traction, so I thought I'd just do a catchall thread. TBS has been pretty much killing it with their comedies, and at this point I'll pretty much try anything they put out. A brief summary of their content:

Full Frontal w/ Samantha Bee
Angie Tribeca
The Detour
Wrecked
People of Earth
Search Party
The Guest Book
The Last O.G.

Sam Bee, Angie Tribeca, The Detour, Wrecked, and Search Party are all rock solid and I'm locked into all current and future seasons. I've only seen 1 episode so far of The Guest Book, but I liked it enough to keep going. The only one I couldn't get into was People of Earth. I tried 2 episodes and got pretty bored with it. It's got the beardy guy from the 2nd season of Up All Night, who sucked all the laughs out of every scene. (He's similarly unfunny in PoE). The Last O.G. is a new show with Tracey Morgan which I don't know much about, but as I said, they've built up enough goodwill that I'll definitely give it a shot.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: TBS Comedies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
The threads for TBS shows don't seem to get a ton of traction, so I thought I'd just do a catchall thread. TBS has been pretty much killing it with their comedies, and at this point I'll pretty much try anything they put out. A brief summary of their content:

Full Frontal w/ Samantha Bee
Angie Tribeca
The Detour
Wrecked
People of Earth
Search Party
The Guest Book
The Last O.G.

Sam Bee, Angie Tribeca, The Detour, Wrecked, and Search Party are all rock solid and I'm locked into all current and future seasons. I've only seen 1 episode so far of The Guest Book, but I liked it enough to keep going. The only one I couldn't get into was People of Earth. I tried 2 episodes and got pretty bored with it. It's got the beardy guy from the 2nd season of Up All Night, who sucked all the laughs out of every scene. (He's similarly unfunny in PoE). The Last O.G. is a new show with Tracey Morgan which I don't know much about, but as I said, they've built up enough goodwill that I'll definitely give it a shot.
Gave up in TBS after they canceled Sullivan and Son and Wedding Band. And lesser extent, Men at Work. Dont watch Conan either anymore.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Quasar
Side-Kick

Last year Search Party aired its entire season in one week. This year they're airing 2 eps per week. That'll work better for me since I don't have the room on my DVR for a bulk airing like that, and I haven't tried watching any TBS shows through On Demand since earlier this year when the streaming ads were so messed up, watching the On Demand shows were the equivalent of being dragged through hell. Though they're probably fixed by now as I've had to use On Demand to watch other cable channels for when bad weather jacked up parts of a show. As far as I now, Search Party is the only TBS show with F bombs, but that also may have been a feature of the On Demand version. I may be forced to try On Demand again just so my F bombs aren't edited.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
Quasar
Side-Kick

Well, I watched the first ep of Search Party, and unfortunately the f-bombs were bleeped. So now I'll have to try the On Demand, and if that's got my uncensored f-bombs, and it's playable, then that's the route I'll have to go. As for the story, love Elliot being the crisis manager in the situation. That guy definitely makes the show. Naturally, he's got all the f-bombs.