The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man and The Wasp

Old 04-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #1
SirThomasSharpe
Side-Kick

Default The Suits of Ant-Man and the Wasp

Recently, at Marvel's "open house", journalists were shown concept art from Ant-Man and the Wasp, including concept art of the character's new suits. Ant-Man's "3.0 suit" is described as a more streamlined version of his suit from Civil War. The Wasp's suit is described as being the same suit seen in the post-credits scene of Ant-Man, only with added silver sleeves. What are your thoughts on these changes? Are there any alterations to the suits you're hoping to see?

SirThomasSharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: The Suits of Ant-Man and the Wasp

I want Wasp to look less like Ant-Man and more like classic Wasp.

I also want them to find a way to show her helmetless, or at least without her face covered. If the problem is the science, and that the air molecules would be too big to breathe, then give her a transparent helmet, or even an invisible one that gives the appearance of her not wearing a helmet, but is actually there around her head like an invisible shield.

I also don't want Wasp to just have one outfit. I know she's not Janet, but they should give that aspect to Hope now that we're barely going to see Janet, if at all. Make her a fashion guru, who loves to experiment with different styles. So like Iron Man, she keeps changing the suit all the time, except that she would do it far more than Stark and would have several different suits in the same movie.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So like Iron Man, she keeps changing the suit all the time, except that she would do it far more than Stark and would have several different suits in the same movie.
That would bug (no pun intended ) me. Maybe two suits in a movie. I wouldn't want more than that.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #4
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
That would bug (no pun intended ) me. Maybe two suits in a movie. I wouldn't want more than that.
But even Iron Man usually has about three. In Iron Man 1 he had that number. That didn't exactly seem too many. And in Iron Man 3, he had hundreds.

Wasp can have at least three. If it's just two, it's no more than the standard number of suits that other superheroes have in their movies (usually a proto version and then a later version).

Old 04-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Wasp can have at least three. If it's just two, it's no more than the standard number of suits that other superheroes have in their movies (usually a proto version and then a later version).
Yep, I'm fine with that!

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #6
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Not the biggest news ever but on Evangeline Lilly's Facebook page she said that she had her fitting for the Wasp costume last week. https://www.facebook.com/40755086597...type=3&theater

Old 05-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #7
MbJ
Side-Kick

I assumed the Wasp suit would look something like this.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #8
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Isn't the one in the picture that Lilly posted just the original Wasp's suit? I doubt that's what she'll wear in the movie.

EDIT: Um yeah I'm dumb. It's one of the concept arts for the first movie. First time I see it.

Last edited by Abudefduf; 05-23-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #9
Panacea
Side-Kick

It is a bit of a shame that so many of the costumes are just blue and/or red.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:52 AM   #10
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I kinda hope, no pun, that the Wasp suit is something the character continues to modify as a nod to Janet having so many variety in her look over the years.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #11
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Oh I'm sure she'll get plenty of different costumes... just like every other hero of the MCU.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #12
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
Oh I'm sure she'll get plenty of different costumes... just like every other hero of the MCU.
oddly except for the Vision...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #13
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Even him is going to get a new one in IW. Balding middle-aged man. Best costume ever.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:27 AM   #14
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post
Even him is going to get a new one in IW. Balding middle-aged man. Best costume ever.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote