The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #526
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 40,485
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Sword is basically in a spaceship yes, Captain Marvel is the main person in charge of it.
It's kind of like a check-in station for Alien Allies too. Beta Ray Bill goes there every now and then

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #527
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

why the small role for War Machine in this? and where was Falcon during the Sokovia action sequences?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #528
slowdyingflower
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
where was Falcon during the Sokovia action sequences?
I believe he was there... wasn't he shown appearing at the same time that War Machine did?

slowdyingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #529
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,583
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Actually no

__________________
SHSkype TV Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:03 PM   #530
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,352
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
why the small role for War Machine in this? and where was Falcon during the Sokovia action sequences?
He wasn't an Avenger. I'm glad they showed him at all, seeing as how Tony somehow forgot he had a friend with a near identical suit of armor during the invasion of NY. Though it was corny how they knocked him out of the fight so early during the party at Stark Tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdyingflower View Post
I believe he was there... wasn't he shown appearing at the same time that War Machine did?
No, Falcon wasn't around. During the party scene he said he'd been tracking down Bucky. It's safe to assume he was doing that.

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #531
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,844
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Even though he was in it so briefly, those scenes really added to my enjoyment.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:15 PM   #532
slowdyingflower
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

My mistake.

slowdyingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #533
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
He wasn't an Avenger. I'm glad they showed him at all, seeing as how Tony somehow forgot he had a friend with a near identical suit of armor during the invasion of NY. Though it was corny how they knocked him out of the fight so early during the party at Stark Tower.

^this

He came off as simply Tony's sidekick instead of an Air Force colonel who had the same suit as Iron Man

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #534
GeoMFilms
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 157
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

I just watched this movie for the 2nd time. First time was in theater when it first came out. I gotta say i reeeally enjoyed it a lot more this time around. i think what helped too was knowing what was coming after this...civil war...thor 3.

See Bruce Banner back on Earth before he goes off on that other planet and becomes a gladiator...stuff like that. But as of now i can say i like this one more then Avengers 1. I haven't seen Avengers 1 in a couple years but i remember thinking it just had a really slow start.

I remember the one thing about Avengers 2 i didn't really care for was that i couldn't get behind why Ultron was so hateful against Tony and the Avengers. Even with this 2nd viewing. Maybe i just keep missing it but it would of loved to have seen maybe Ultron first maybe 'work' with the Avengers and he sees this their way and his way aren't the same and you slowly see that this 'team' of ultron with avengers is not working...but i never got why right out the start ultron is bent on killing everything.

Anyways there is more to say but i really liked it the 2nd time. Great movie.

GeoMFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:22 AM   #535
First Avenger
Side-Kick
 
First Avenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Asgard
Posts: 5,755
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMFilms View Post
I just watched this movie for the 2nd time. First time was in theater when it first came out. I gotta say i reeeally enjoyed it a lot more this time around. i think what helped too was knowing what was coming after this...civil war...thor 3.

See Bruce Banner back on Earth before he goes off on that other planet and becomes a gladiator...stuff like that. But as of now i can say i like this one more then Avengers 1. I haven't seen Avengers 1 in a couple years but i remember thinking it just had a really slow start.

I remember the one thing about Avengers 2 i didn't really care for was that i couldn't get behind why Ultron was so hateful against Tony and the Avengers. Even with this 2nd viewing. Maybe i just keep missing it but it would of loved to have seen maybe Ultron first maybe 'work' with the Avengers and he sees this their way and his way aren't the same and you slowly see that this 'team' of ultron with avengers is not working...but i never got why right out the start ultron is bent on killing everything.

Anyways there is more to say but i really liked it the 2nd time. Great movie.
After he awakes, Ultron's Mind Stone-charged AI takes a quick look at the world through the Internet, and realizes that humans can't save themselves and the Avengers only make things worse.

It's quick but it's there. And hey, if Internet was the first thing I saw after being born, I'd probably want an extintion too.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #536
BatsDC
Side-Kicker
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,712
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Hate to bump an old thread, but this concept art by Phil Saunders got posted recently, I haven't ever seen this before so believe it must be previously unreleased, had to share.


Full Size Image

Quote:
This concept of a "Mega Ultron" composed of thousands of Ultron bots was briefly considered for the climax of Avengers: Age of Ultron. Ultimately (and I think for the best) it was rejected, likely because as cool an image as it is it doesn't make a great deal of tactical sense over an overwhelming swarm of bots, and probably would have taken more bots than would have been realistic for Ultron to produce! The concept was cut before I was half-way through the image, but I was having so much fun with it I decided to complete it on my own time, so I guess it you could call it "fan art."
Phil Saunders on ArtStation


Last edited by BatsDC; 04-29-2018 at 06:45 PM.
BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:54 AM   #537
ashwilliams8891
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 20
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

They were assumed defunct after WWII, only to reemerge even stronger than before. SO it's more likely that they've scattered/gone underground again and are just waiting for another strong leader (like Zemo for example) to unite them again.

ashwilliams8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:48 AM   #538
MrB
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Terra
Posts: 73
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

I absolutely love this movie. One of my favourite MCU films.

MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #539
honestbharani
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,548
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Hate to bump an old thread, but this concept art by Phil Saunders got posted recently, I haven't ever seen this before so believe it must be previously unreleased, had to share.


Full Size Image



Phil Saunders on ArtStation

Also coz it was the iconic cimax scene of a famous Indian movie "Endhiran/Robot"...


honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.