The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 03-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #301
JewishHobbit
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men - Part 8

Eh, I don't really get the Trinary love. Even if you take away her criminal behavior, I just didn't get any real personality out of her. Maybe I just missed something, but she came across fairly generic to me.

And I liked that Sage was serious. With her character path I get it. She reminded me of Bishop in that regard. All business, no nonsense.

JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #302
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I have really mixed feelings about this. Taylor's ANW has been consistently great and has sold really well. It's personally one of my favourite comics and the only time I've ever been interested in "Wolverine." X23 feels like a complete regression.

Hopefully this is more of a case of Taylor organically finishing the stories he wanted to tell and putting his energy into Red. He will still be writing Laura and Gabby so not all is lost. I like Mariko Tamaki's graphic novel Skim and Cabal was the best artist working on ANW.

I will definitely read "X23," but the name feels wrong and I wish Logan would stay dead forever.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #303
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I think that cover looks great. Hope the book is just as good.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #304
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I'm on board for the New Mutants mini. I like that it's a blend of New Mutants and X-Factor, but I wish it was just called X-Factor... these mutants aren't new. I particularly liked Magik and Rictor.

ANW was great again. The new mission statement Taylor gave Laura with the Orphans of X is perfect. I hope Tamaki keeps that going.

Astonishing was pretty good for the dark turn its taking.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #305
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I'm on board for the New Mutants mini. I like that it's a blend of New Mutants and X-Factor, but I wish it was just called X-Factor... these mutants aren't new. I particularly liked Magik and Rictor.

ANW was great again. The new mission statement Taylor gave Laura with the Orphans of X is perfect. I hope Tamaki keeps that going.

Astonishing was pretty good for the dark turn its taking.
Considering its led by Magik, backed by Karma and contains 4 former NM, I can see why its called NM. It obviously exists to capitalize on the movie that ended up getting pushed

Astonishing is boring and dragging along. It feels so slow compared to the other X-books. Considering it gets a new artist every issue, they really should have double shipped this thing

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #306
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

But should the New Mutants even be called new anymore. It's a branding thing that doesn't make sense anymore. Like X23

Old 03-14-2018, 09:58 PM   #307
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
But should the New Mutants even be called new anymore. It's a branding thing that doesn't make sense anymore. Like X23
Strictly to cash in on the movie. The last book that NM in the title was just used to bank on nostalgia but they were called X-men on the inside

Old 03-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #308
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Fresh Start is slow at rolling out X-men stuff, maybe not to undermine the wedding "hype." I'd like to see:

Uncanny X-men - About the adventures of the school staff
X-men Red / X-men - Jean's international Team
New X-men - About Iceman and Jubilee mentoring new X-men and younger students
X-Factor - Karma's hired team investigating the paranormal (basically the New Mutants mini as an ongoing)
A Storm ongoing book

Old 03-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #309
JewishHobbit
Banned User

I'd want some sort of Generation X book with the classic Gen X characters. They were just starting to get to that point on the previous book before it ended. It was nice seeing Jubilee, Chamber, Monet, and Husk together. I'd like to see that continue. I don't expect to see anything like that, but that'd be my top choice.

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 03-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #310
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im over X teen books. Either incorporate them into core titles like Red (and now Gold) is doing or not at all

Old 03-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #311
JewishHobbit
Banned User

Just read New Mutants. Super stoked to see Prodigy again even if it is just in a supporting role. He was my favorite New X-Man. Good book

Old 03-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #312
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

I really need to pick up my books...

Also, saw some of the potential new costumes for Laura. They are... unfortunate.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #313
zenith16
Side-Kick

lol go to the other team the X-men will be fine with out ya there's need for him or the senor version there any more. lol their better off with out ya nd vicversa.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #314
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Hee hee.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #315
Havok83
Side-Kick

Jordan D. White is the new X-men editor. Hopefully he does his job bc the editing at the X-office has been non-existant lately

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status/975855071677337601

Old 04-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #316
Havok83
Side-Kick

Old 04-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #317
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Pepe Larraz is an amazing artist.

Even in blue, Iceman and Angel hardly get any attention. Jean's solo is over and the attention and excitement is with her adult counterpart in red. I've never hated the O5 in the present like a lot of fans have. I liked the directions Iceman and Jean took. But it seems to me like the storytelling potential with them has peaked.

I'm more excited about Polaris, Daken, and Bloodstorm than I am for any of the O5 in blue.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:02 AM   #318
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Today was a great day for X-men comics

Even X-men Gold wasn't bad. I really liked seeing Iceman lead a team and it was about time that Storm was given some respect. Although, I don't know why she needed that hammer... Still not great but better than usual.

New Mutants: Dark Souls 2 was a blast. This book fits a niche that has been neglected for a while. I love the team dynamic, particularly between Rictor, Magik, and Boom Boom. Rosenberg writes a fantastic Magik. The art really compliments the story. I dig the supernatural stories and the twist at the end was interesting.

Rogue and Gambit 4 is my favourite issue of the series so far. It was a really clever way to get some fun action and emotional character moments. Gambit is finally as charming as he should be. This series is a great reminder of why their dynamic is so iconic in the comic book world. I'm sad it's ending next issue.

Astonishing was great, particularly because of the art and colours. I've heard some fans say that Astonishing is declining or hasn't lived up to its first issue. I disagree. It's not meant to be the flagship, so its not redefining the characters or setting a new status quo (aside from X). It's telling a pretty epic story about the astral plane and I'm definitely here for the ride.

And once again, All New Wolverine is my pick of the week. This book is consistently my favourite and this one pushed the envelope even further. So far I love Old Woman Laura's world - she's queen of Madripoor, Ms Marvel is President, Hill is Kamala's secret service. I can't believe this is Taylor's last arc...

Old 04-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #319
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im one of those fans not liking AXM. Its dragging. I feel like this run could have been told in 8 issues or less. Nostalgia was high in the first issue and its dropped since then. Its boring and it sucks that characters such as Psylocke are isolated here. I really wish she had been used in Blue to continue Bunn's Magneto plotline

Old 04-06-2018, 01:00 AM   #320
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Just get rid of the time displaced mutants.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #321
Daydreamer

Get rid of all the extra Wolverines & AU characters

And give Sabretooth back to Bunn, because Pak has destroyed him. Also, give him back Monet too, and expand more on that budding relationship. That & RoguePool were the only pairings I was interested in since 2012.

Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:33 AM   #322
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Legacy characters are the current gimmick of Marvel books and I just wish they would stop and create original characters that is an obvious knock off of somebody else.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 AM   #323
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

People don't buy books for new, original characters without any legacy connection. If they did, people would still be buying Mosaic books.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #324
zenith16
Side-Kick

they went too far with killing of so many orginal students that went to school with cannon balls brother's icaris (who of which is victim of that)
that each ofthe X-men we fallowed had students.

As to the other that seem to be legace character simple fix up s can be done. . the time deplaced have been made claar they can't go back go back so the only way to fix it all is to have them reborn as kid's of the older version's and let them have some things o their own like power or ablity's . there's room for a warren wornton the 4th ,there's room for another ice man just instead naming her "bobby" casue there's too many roberts or bobby's guess they justhave to name him bert. or better yet Berton drake ( I don't care for any bert& earny jokes, but it'sll likely happen) young jean can simply be renamed Jeannette. ( I don't want hear any Alvin & the chipmonk's jokes or remarks , I was thinking more of the fate games & anime series like the heroric character jean de ark, her mother called her that in the series fate apocrapha )
here's the link to the (dubbed in english anime inthe quote below
Quote:
Fate/Apocrypha

25 episode 14 cmts 3.6K views
(24 votes, average: 4.29 / 5)
and they can just have young jeanette & cyclops be twin's and just not name scott but simple S.D. summers and he like to answer to the D part as he re took the namer of david summers after the one that started the family name of the summers family.

they already have their own personality's sorta seperate from the older ones . so having them reborn to the original makes the most sense in my mind. lot's fix there to make them original and we caqn drop that over all., cause3 marvel ain't doing it . so have them reborn to this earth and be done with it.

As to mosaic that shouldn't have been canceled . but I think it was due to the time it was released in that it was a victim sadly.

and copy dc coming in making similar younger character is a bad Idea. marvels tried it before its never sticks. marvel true belivers don't want that. nextto the word side kick's .

Last edited by zenith16; 04-07-2018 at 10:44 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #325
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
People don't buy books for new, original characters without any legacy connection. If they did, people would still be buying Mosaic books.
But in X-Men team books, you don't necessarily need to use legacy characters in order to sell. X-Men Blue sells less than Gold/Astonishing... Instead of the time displaced/alternate reality characters, you can just use the not time displaced original five, 616 Logan/Storm and those other under developed characters.