Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #151
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Default Re: Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Man, we really don't have anything to talk about for this game, do we?
Bingo

This wait for new footage is making me a bit anxious for the game. Compared to other upcoming titles, the marketing for this one hasnt been great

Old 03-11-2018, 11:51 AM   #152
Tim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwolski View Post
No, Marvel ultimately owns the game rights in perpetuity and can choose which developers they want to work with, but in the current deal future Spidey games will be made exclusively for the PS4 with Insomniac.

"However, don’t expect to see Spider-Man games from multiple developers on multiple platforms. Sony and Insomniac have exclusive rights to Spider-Man games for the time being...."

https://www.primagames.com/games/spi...nys-spider-man
It's the same situation as with all Disney properties. EA has Star Wars but they don't own it, they merely got the greenlight to make games by being handed the license. Disney can pull out of that agreement at any time as evident by the rumors that they're meeting up with other publishers already for future SW games due to the whole EA BF2 pay2win debacle.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #153
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
“Long story short: Sony came to us and asked if we wanted to work with Marvel. Sony and Marvel let us decide what character/universe we wanted to make a game based on. We chose Spider-Man.” Insomniac was essentially given free range to choose where they wanted to focus their energy in the Marvel universe, and they landed on Marvel’s Spider-Man themselves, rather than having it assigned to them.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...iven-a-choice/

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
Old 03-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #154
spiderman2
Side-Kick

If this game were to be a June game we should get that news very soon I mean detorit got its late may release date just a few weeks ago so its about time for news about a June release date if that is the date.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #155
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Nothing new to look at is disappointing. At least I have no reason to be worried about the game.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #156
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I'm still predicting an October/November release with the announcement of the release during E3.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #157
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
If this game were to be a June game we should get that news very soon I mean detorit got its late may release date just a few weeks ago so its about time for news about a June release date if that is the date.
It is not coming out in June. Why would it? Sony announcing Detroit for late May pretty much solidified that. They dont need it. The promotional push and advertising dollars will be going to GoW and Detroit for the upcoming quarter. Spider-Man is likely coming late September but if it doesnt make that, it'll be a 2019 title

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I'm still predicting an October/November release with the announcement of the release during E3.
I doubt it since COD and Red Dead will own those months. Its suicide

Old 03-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #158
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

it's possible that Spiderman will be a summer or close to a summer release

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #159
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I say late June.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:30 AM   #160
Spidey_62
I am the edge

The lack of a release date has driven the Spider-Man PS4 subreddit to insanity just posting Raimi memes nonstop about wanting to know the release date.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, frog-face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram.

RadicalRealmComics.com - read the comic books I draw!

Watch Lost in the Shadows - based on The Spirit of the Shadows comic book!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 03-14-2018, 02:56 AM   #161
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It is not coming out in June. Why would it? Sony announcing Detroit for late May pretty much solidified that. They dont need it. The promotional push and advertising dollars will be going to GoW and Detroit for the upcoming quarter. Spider-Man is likely coming late September but if it doesnt make that, it'll be a 2019 title

I doubt it since COD and Red Dead will own those months. Its suicide
I still think it will be a October game but why couldn't it be late June? GOW is late April and Detroit is late may about a month later. So why could Spider-Man be around a month after Detroit meaning late June?

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Old 03-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #162
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

I don't really understand how a game with this much 'hype' or finance investment or indeed, the level of fan base behind it, doesn't have a 'fixed' release date by now.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:28 AM   #163
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
I still think it will be a October game but why couldn't it be late June? GOW is late April and Detroit is late may about a month later. So why could Spider-Man be around a month after Detroit meaning late June?
Because of how little we've actually seen of it so far. Like I said, the marketing dollars and push are gonna go to Gow and Detroit this coming quarter. 3 big games is alot in that short time span. Once SM is ready to release, I think then will they start ramping up the promo push complete with more footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
I don't really understand how a game with this much 'hype' or finance investment or indeed, the level of fan base behind it, doesn't have a 'fixed' release date by now.
Because its become a joke how nearly every post-launch Sony published game has been delayed. They learned their lesson and arent stamping dates on games now unless they are confident they can hit

Last edited by Havok83; 03-14-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #164
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I agree with Havok, a summer release is highly unlikely given it's March and we've heard almost nothing new.

Im still thinking October though late September is also a possibility. Granted Red Dead is serious competition but it wasn't originally a planned October release. It got delayed from May.

At this point, since we've heard so little, the game being pushed back to early 2019 wouldn't be a surprise imo.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #165
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I agree with Havok, a summer release is highly unlikely given it's March and we've heard almost nothing new.

Im still thinking October though late September is also a possibility. Granted Red Dead is serious competition but it wasn't originally a planned October release. It got delayed from May.

At this point, since we've heard so little, the game being pushed back to early 2019 wouldn't be a surprise imo.
Same here. People seem to forget but Sony doesnt need SM this fall. They can easily delay it and it not affect them bc their fall is already packed. Destiny 2's major expansion, CoD, RDR2....Sony has marketing deal with all 3 so they dont need to put their own published game there to compete in that space bc they are already covered. There is still Dreams and if its not an early September/late August game, thats going to be delayed to 2019. I have doubts on that bc they really need to get a beta going soon to iron out kinks since thats so heavily depended on user generated content

Old 03-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #166
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Because of how little we've actually seen of it so far. Like I said, the marketing dollars and push are gonna go to Gow and Detroit this coming quarter. 3 big games is alot in that short time span. Once SM is ready to release, I think then will they start ramping up the promo push complete with more footage

Because its become a joke how nearly every post-launch Sony published game has been delayed. They learned their lesson and arent stamping dates on games now unless they are confident they can hit
The fact we have seen so little is why I have been saying for a while that I think the game will be late 2018 and not like summer or something and the fact that before we got a date for like GOW it was being said early 2018 were Spider-Man was just being said 2018 but I know some people were saying they were hopeful for like June/July so I was hoping I would be wrong about late 2018 and that it would be closer to that June/July.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #167
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

How does a November-December release feel?

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #168
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
How does a November-December release feel?
3 weeks post RDR2 is really the only slot they could conceivably release it then.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:30 AM   #169
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

honestly I feel like it could come out much earlier than that, but who knows

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #170
Levsky
Side-Kick

So, unofficial confirmation of release date in summer?

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/sta...33904863145984

Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #171
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I don't know if this has been discussed, but various camera options would be nice. like if you want to try a closer camera to feel the swings and swoops just a bit more. the gameplay on that gif looks like it's not the gameplay camera set up, but it looks really cool and could feel pretty nice to play that way sometimes

Old 03-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #172
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
So, unofficial confirmation of release date in summer?

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/sta...33904863145984
So I heard about that this morning but I am not sure I mean yesterday was the first day of spring so how is it saying any thing other then it being the first day of spring?

Old 03-21-2018, 02:56 PM   #173
Spidey_62
I am the edge

Official from Funko, the Gamestop exclusive Spider-Man PS4 Pop bobblehead is out in April. https://www.funko.com/blog/article/c...-man-exclusive

I read some people saying there was an exclusive God of War Pop that came out about 2 months before the game's release in May, and that was scheduled before the date was announced. So it might be possible we're gearing up for a release date confirmation in April for something in June or July.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, frog-face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram.

RadicalRealmComics.com - read the comic books I draw!

Watch Lost in the Shadows - based on The Spirit of the Shadows comic book!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 03-21-2018, 06:01 PM   #174
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Official from Funko, the Gamestop exclusive Spider-Man PS4 Pop bobblehead is out in April. https://www.funko.com/blog/article/c...-man-exclusive

I read some people saying there was an exclusive God of War Pop that came out about 2 months before the game's release in May, and that was scheduled before the date was announced. So it might be possible we're gearing up for a release date confirmation in April for something in June or July.
Oh that is interesting.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #175
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Official from Funko, the Gamestop exclusive Spider-Man PS4 Pop bobblehead is out in April. I read some people saying there was an exclusive God of War Pop that came out about 2 months before the game's release in May, and that was scheduled before the date was announced. So it might be possible we're gearing up for a release date confirmation in April for something in June or July.
Time for a countdown to their announcement day. I hope your expectations or on the mark, or close to it.

YOUTUBE

Closed Thread