The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #626
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Watched the extended highlights of Fastlane, looked pretty boring overall, not that interested in most of the Smackdown roster to be honest. Best part of the show for me was seeing the Bludgeon Brothers destroy New Day & the Uso's.

Going to be interesting to see what they do after Mania when 3 of their 4 major Singles Champions can't cut a promo to save their lives. Nakamura & Asuka can't speak more than a sentence of English and Roman is a bore on the mic, not sure how they're supposed to sell storylines when none of them can talk. Going to have to pit them against some heel talkers to carry the mic work once the rematches are over if that's the people they're going with long term.

Semi-Surprised that it looks like they're going to have Asuka take Charlotte's belt, I thought for sure they would serve Alexa up for Asuka. Personally, I hope Charlotte wins and ends this dumb streak so they can stop pretending that Asuka is so much better than the rest of the girls.

Wondering where they are going to fit Seth Rollins in at this point, seems like he's without a dance partner at the moment. Hoping at some point to see him and A.J. Styles have a match, that's a match I would look forward to a bit.

Kinda funny that they think anyone is buying that they won't come up with something for Cena, he's not missing Wrestlemania lol...

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher
Old 03-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #627
Broseph44
Witness Me

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Man they are trying so so hard and going out of their way to get Roman over. The whole promo tonight with him and Vince, Jesus Christ.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:15 PM   #628
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

And it just makes people like him less. It has the exact opposite result of what they want.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #629
Angryfantasyfan
Side-Kick

Horrible segment. They couldn't just let Jax figure out Bliss was manipulating her?

Old 03-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #630
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryfantasyfan View Post
Horrible segment. They couldn't just let Jax figure out Bliss was manipulating her?
Probably busy talking to her cousin....

Old 03-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #631
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yes WWE, name your big women's match after a complete monster like Moolah. That isn't tone deaf at all (sarcasm). You deserve whatever PR blowback comes your way on this one.

It could have been Mildred Burke, or Mae Young, or Alundra Blayze, or Chyna, or Trish Stratus, or Lita, etc. Pretty much ANYONE else besides Moolah would have been better.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #632
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes WWE, name your big women's match after a complete monster like Moolah. That isn't tone deaf at all (sarcasm). You deserve whatever PR blowback comes your way on this one.

It could have been Mildred Burke, or Mae Young, or Alundra Blayze, or Chyna, or Trish Stratus, or Lita, etc. Pretty much ANYONE else besides Moolah would have been better.
The WWE's defense will probably be "well the Pro Football Hall of Fame has OJ Simpson and he's a murderer!"

Old 03-13-2018, 12:55 AM   #633
Loki882
Side-Kick

But the NFL doesn't lionize/hold OJ up on a pedestal these days (he's rarely acknowledged at all from what I've seen). Also he was put in the NFL HOF BEFORE the murders happened. So it was just a case of not undoing something that had already happened, they didn't give him MORE honors afterwards.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:02 AM   #634
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
But the NFL doesn't lionize/hold OJ up on a pedestal these days (he's rarely acknowledged at all from what I've seen). Also he was put in the NFL HOF BEFORE the murders happened. So it was just a case of not undoing something that had already happened, they didn't give him MORE honors afterwards.
This is true about OJ, but I would not be surprised if that is the WWE's defense in naming something after the Fabulous Moolah. I would not expect OJ to be invited to this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony.

About the Kid Rock Hall of Fame induction, would there be this much outrage if it was Lawrence Taylor? All of the issues he had off the field came during the years he was playing and even continued after he was done. Honestly, I think there would have been more of an outrage about the Celebrity Hall of Famer if it was Lawrence Taylor.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 03-13-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:13 AM   #635
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
At least it's not Lawrence Taylor.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #636
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Man they are trying so so hard and going out of their way to get Roman over. The whole promo tonight with him and Vince, Jesus Christ.
The fans can believe when it's Daniel Bryan in this type of role. Not Roman Reigns.

- CM Punk
Old 03-13-2018, 04:13 AM   #637
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The fans can believe when it's Daniel Bryan in this type of role. Not Roman Reigns.
Exactly, when it’s Reigns we know it doesn’t feel real or believable because it isn’t. It’s so manufactured and pushed upon us. The biggest pop Roman got from last night was when Vince said he suspended him. The crowd absolutely loved that. The rest of the stuff between him and Vince was just funny in a bad eye rolling way.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:33 AM   #638
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....

i liked kid rock's song for american bad*** taker
that's the extent of my kid rock enjoyment with wwe

Old 03-13-2018, 09:26 AM   #639
WereCoyote
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So does Carmella cash in on Asuka and if so, does she succeed?
Could we see Carmella cash in on Alexa Bliss at Mania to complete the swap? Since Askua is leaving Raw, maybe Carmella is heading to Raw at Mania.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #640
WereCoyote
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually I think this story would have worked, had they done it 3-4 years ago. But its too late now, we've all seen that when Roman talks about Vince's boy, he isn't talking about Brock, he's talking about himself.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #641
famicommander
Side-Kick

How can anyone act surprised about the Moolah thing?

Have we all forgotten the Warrior Award?

Their tribute to Jimmy Snuka, who beat his girlfriend to death with his bare hands and then got away with it due to the intervention of Vince McMahon?

The white washing of Steve Austin's serial woman beatings?

The Hall of Fame being populated by:
Donald Trump (megalomaniac bigot politician)
Abdullah the Butcher (intentionally gave people hepatitis)
Mike Tyson (convicted rapist)
Jimmy Snuka (see above)
Moolah (pimp, thief, sexual abuser)
Jesse Ventura (all around assbag)
Sunny (two decades and running of a total trainwreck)
Ultimate Warrior (massive bigot and all around monster)
Randy Savage (my all time favorite, but another woman beater)
Michael Hayes (racist)
Snoop Dogg (wheel man for a fatal drive by shooting)

The McMahons are bad people who protect and elevate other bad people.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #642
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Here's an idea for the WWE:

- Just name every single trophy and award after Dwayne Johnson or his family. The Peter Maivia Award or the Ata Maivia Battle Royal

It gets less outrage from the media, and while it is perceived as kissing his ass everybody in Hollywood does that, so it's not uncommon.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 03-13-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #643
Kane52630
New Cydonian User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post

Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #644
WereCoyote
Side-Kick

Maybe they're trying to get him to allow them to use his songs in their archived footage?

Old 03-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #645
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCoyote View Post
Maybe they're trying to get him to allow them to use his songs in their archived footage?
Or even for entrance themes so that they don't have to pay a huge amount.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #646
WereCoyote
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Or even for entrance themes so that they don't have to pay a huge amount.
Thats what I was meaning the entrance themes from the archived footage. Or did you mean for new star entrances on the current product?

Old 03-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #647
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCoyote View Post
Thats what I was meaning the entrance themes from the archived footage. Or did you mean for new star entrances on the current product?
Both.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #648
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
How can anyone act surprised about the Moolah thing?

Have we all forgotten the Warrior Award?

Their tribute to Jimmy Snuka, who beat his girlfriend to death with his bare hands and then got away with it due to the intervention of Vince McMahon?

The white washing of Steve Austin's serial woman beatings?

The Hall of Fame being populated by:
Donald Trump (megalomaniac bigot politician)
Abdullah the Butcher (intentionally gave people hepatitis)
Mike Tyson (convicted rapist)
Jimmy Snuka (see above)
Moolah (pimp, thief, sexual abuser)
Jesse Ventura (all around assbag)
Sunny (two decades and running of a total trainwreck)
Ultimate Warrior (massive bigot and all around monster)
Randy Savage (my all time favorite, but another woman beater)
Michael Hayes (racist)
Snoop Dogg (wheel man for a fatal drive by shooting)

The McMahons are bad people who protect and elevate other bad people.
Wrestling is a scummy business. If it bothers you that much, just watch Being the Elite and NJPW except when Michael Elgin comes on.

You forgot about Ric Flair. Ric Flair has plenty of skeletons in his closet as well that every fan tends to overlook. Also Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

To me there's no evidence of Ultimate Warrior being a monster. He definitely said some pretty awful things, but WWE also went after him with the 2005 DVD release and it was pretty much a hit piece that totally buried him.

What I will say is that Warrior should've apologized or made amends to the likes of Bobby Heenan and Droz. I'm disappointed he never did that before he died, but such is life. At the same time, Heenan went after him hard on the DVD, and I imagine that's why he said those things.

You can trash Ultimate Warrior for his verbal remarks, fine. But you can't sit here and tell me he wasn't one of the stop stars in the business in the late 80s and early 90s. And no he wasn't an in-ring technician, but how many top guys in WWE actually were at that point? So to trash him for that on his DVD was stupid.

I mean that character he created was a great character. He was crazy and his promos were crazy, but that's why they worked. Ultimate Warrior was like this wild unpredictable madman from like another dimension or outerspace. For that period of wrestling it worked, and the fans loved it. Meanwhile, now you have Roman Reigns and his THE GUY schtick that everyone hates.

Ultimate Warrior didn't want to be one of the boys. Boo ****ing hoo. Why does he have to be one of the boys? To be respected among a group of peers who are admittedly also scumbags in a scummy business? He didn't want to play their political games and kept to himself. He was friendlier with the staff and workers because he didn't want to be friends with the boys. God forbid he didn't join Shawn Michaels' Kliq to take control of WWE and show them the right way to run the show!

- CM Punk
Old 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #649
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Old 03-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #650
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wrestling is a scummy business. If it bothers you that much, just watch Being the Elite and NJPW except when Michael Elgin comes on.

You forgot about Ric Flair. Ric Flair has plenty of skeletons in his closet as well that every fan tends to overlook. Also Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

To me there's no evidence of Ultimate Warrior being a monster. He definitely said some pretty awful things, but WWE also went after him with the 2005 DVD release and it was pretty much a hit piece that totally buried him.

What I will say is that Warrior should've apologized or made amends to the likes of Bobby Heenan and Droz. I'm disappointed he never did that before he died, but such is life. At the same time, Heenan went after him hard on the DVD, and I imagine that's why he said those things.

You can trash Ultimate Warrior for his verbal remarks, fine. But you can't sit here and tell me he wasn't one of the stop stars in the business in the late 80s and early 90s. And no he wasn't an in-ring technician, but how many top guys in WWE actually were at that point? So to trash him for that on his DVD was stupid.

I mean that character he created was a great character. He was crazy and his promos were crazy, but that's why they worked. Ultimate Warrior was like this wild unpredictable madman from like another dimension or outerspace. For that period of wrestling it worked, and the fans loved it. Meanwhile, now you have Roman Reigns and his THE GUY schtick that everyone hates.

Ultimate Warrior didn't want to be one of the boys. Boo ****ing hoo. Why does he have to be one of the boys? To be respected among a group of peers who are admittedly also scumbags in a scummy business? He didn't want to play their political games and kept to himself. He was friendlier with the staff and workers because he didn't want to be friends with the boys. God forbid he didn't join Shawn Michaels' Kliq to take control of WWE and show them the right way to run the show!
Someone is (or was?) a Warrior fan...