The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #126
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 6

LOL these tend to usually be more sarcastic and cynical, but in this case it's flipped, since how it should have ended becomes- Everyone Lives! and it's quite joyful to watch!

Jump to - https://youtu.be/RjR71XpAu0I?t=213

Last edited by Mondragon; 04-18-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #127
samsnee
Side-Kick

Honest Trailer was also pretty good.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #128
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

There HAS to be a way to bring K2 into the newer Episodes!
We didn't see him for quite awhile, his programming could have easily been uploaded into the systems with the Death Star plans when they uploaded to the Rebels!
He can EASILY brought back! It kills me he was the best character and can't be used again. Can you imagine the banter between Cp3o and K2?! lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #129
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Wanted to say i loved the movie to bits. To me it felt more of a war film - the Rebellion vs the Galactic Empire. ☺

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:49 PM   #130
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
We didn't see him for quite awhile, his programming could have easily been uploaded into the systems with the Death Star plans when they uploaded to the Rebels!
He can EASILY brought back! It kills me he was the best character and can't be used again. Can you imagine the banter between Cp3o and K2?! lol
It would be great to see him again. I also really liked Cassian and Chirrut, but
K2 is the only one with a slight possibility of coming back.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(12)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(13)Alien Covenant-7(14)Ghost In The Shell-7(15)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(16)The Dark Tower-4(17)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #131
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
It would be great to see him again. I also really liked Cassian and Chirrut, but
K2 is the only one with a slight possibility of coming back.
Quote:
Ooooh. I like this a lot. K2 is one of my fave droids next to R2 and a few others you see in the Clone Wars series, especially the LEP servant droids...that have the rabbit like ears. they are so cute. Point of No Return is my favorite episode of Season V.

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #132
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

That droid K2 got the map from, maybe it downloaded some of K's personality/programming. K does seem to stumble afterwards as if something was taken out of him. Could be a way of bringing him back if they wanted too.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(12)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(13)Alien Covenant-7(14)Ghost In The Shell-7(15)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(16)The Dark Tower-4(17)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 AM   #133
SnakeEyes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
That droid K2 got the map from, maybe it downloaded some of K's personality/programming. K does seem to stumble afterwards as if something was taken out of him. Could be a way of bringing him back if they wanted too.
Downloading K2SO's personality and getting it out of Scarif is out of the scope of Star Wars technology. I don't think anything from the Scarif base would have made it out of there. They had a hard enough time transmitting the death star plans by tape.

K2SO's "personality" is just a program so I think a version of him could come back.

SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #134
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
Downloading K2SO's personality and getting it out of Scarif is out of the scope of Star Wars technology. I don't think anything from the Scarif base would have made it out of there. They had a hard enough time transmitting the death star plans by tape.

K2SO's "personality" is just a program so I think a version of him could come back.
True, personally i don't think anyone from RO will be back. But if they want to, K2 would be the only one they could.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #135
Gabe99
Side-Kick

John Knoll "Tinkering" With a New 'Star Wars' Story Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Giardina
Industrial Light & Magic’s John Knoll, who served as visual effects supervisor on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, also conceived the film's original story — and now he's at it again, telling The Hollywood Reporter that he’s “tinkering” with another Star Wars-related idea.

“I have another idea I’ve been tinkering with,” he said after participating on a Rogue One Super Session during the National Association of Broadcasters Show. “It’s maybe 75 percent there. I haven’t pitched it to [Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy]. It’s another Star Wars thing.”

Upcoming Star Wars films already in the works include Star Wars: The Last Jedi, opening in December; a Han Solo movie in 2018; Star Wars: Episode IX in 2019; and an untitled anthology film planned for 2020. “There’s no reason to think Disney is going to stop wanting to make Star Wars movies if there’s quality and there’s interest,” Knoll reasoned. “It has unlimited potential. It has a huge number of characters, worlds … It’s a massive playground.”

At NAB, Knoll presented a look back at the work on last year's Rogue One before a packed auditorium of wildly enthusiastic fans, alongside ILM animation supervisor Hal Hickel, who described the making of the digital version of Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin of the 1977-Star Wars era; and Matthew Wood, supervising sound editor and sound design at Skywalker Sound, who discussed critical sounds include those of environments and weapons. The session was presented by Motion Picture Sound Editors and NAB (THR’s Carolyn Giardina moderated).

On the subject of creating a digital human, Knoll said,“It’s definitely an issue if the actor has passed away without stating any intention or desire about how his or her likeness should be dealt with. Then it falls to their estate. That’s a problem that will start solving itself. Now the technology exists and actors are aware of this and can make their wishes known. For instance. Robin Williams included this in his will.”

Knoll also pointed out that the uses can vary — for instance a likeness to pitch a product in a commercial is different compared with the appearance of the character Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One. “He was an important character to tell the story. There wasn’t a good way to tell the political intrigue without including Tarkin. We also knew Cushing. He was a friend to Lucasfilm and was proud of his involvement with Star Wars.”

With extensive use of behind-the-scene clips, Knoll discussed topics including virtual production and the use of LED panels as a lighting instrument. Of the latter, he said. “You can prepare the images in advance and then light the characters. I think it’s going to be an important part of the toolset.”

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #136
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Interesting, liked RO a lot so it will be interesting to see what his idea is for the next one.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #137
terry78
Will you shut up?!

I'm sure it involves bringing another character back.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #138
Serpico Jones
Banned User

Red Letter Media just released a commentary track for Rogue One on their website.

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #139
dark_b
Side-Kick

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #140
Mondragon
Side-Kick

I'm sure most have done it with their dvds, to see how it all holds up visually and thematically.
If you haven't or want to scrutinize it again, here (without the title and opening crawl) is a nice, conveniently put together transition from R1 to ANH.

Enjoy - Vader following the trail of the DS plans.

Last edited by Mondragon; 05-11-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #141
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
I'm sure most have done it with their dvds, to see how it all holds up visually and thematically.
If you haven't or want to scrutinize it again, here (without the title and opening crawl) is a nice, conveniently put together transition from R1 to ANH.

Enjoy - Vader following the trail of the DS plans.
haha that's neat

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #142
Grootster
Dancing Tree

I'm a bit late, but I have to say I love Rogue One, it's probably my second favorite Star Wars, just behind the 1977 movie. I grew up playing the Rogue Squadron and Empire at War games, and I thought Rogue One really captures everything I love about those (and the '77 movie), more so than any other Star Wars movie has been able to do to date. It captures the fun adventure with gritty and serious undertones, it nails the retro tech and iconic ship designs, it creates cool characters that I want to see more of, and it focuses on the mission while having just enough of the mysticism of The Force to wet our appetite. I really, really hope we get more Star Wars movies like this in the future, but sadly my excitement has been killed until at least the 2020 spin-off film.

Quote:
I fully expect to see more K2 in the future. Even if it's not the K-2SO we saw in Rogue One, I would not at all be surprised if they introduce another reprogrammed droid of the same model that just happens to act and sound the same. K-3SO, or something, lol. Just give it another decade or so.

Grootster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:57 AM   #143
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Global Moderator

Old 10-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #144
Karelia
Ezra

I heard Rahm Kota was almost in Rogue One. Would have been pretty neat.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.

We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #145
Patricku

Ive rewatched Rogue One and noticed a few things such as this

the blilnd guy Chirret is pretty much Force senstive a little bit. since he did sense/detect Jyn's crystal necklace

Patricku is offline   Reply With Quote