The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Upcoming Superman Solo Movie

Old 10-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #626
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation

Ha. A modern twist on the journalist side? "Ten reasons why this Brainiac invasion is giving us life". "17 funny tweets about the Brainiac invasion"

Old 10-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #627
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

It was interesting that in Morrison's Action Comics, Clark was working for the Daily Star not the Daily Planet, the Star being more independent and Clark thinking the Planet was too corporate. So Clark felt free to publish more stories exposing corruption, such as that of CEO Glenmorgan.

The Brainiac invasion could be a great chance for Clark, Lois and Jimmy to investigate all these levels of Metropolis society and to uncover Brainiac's plot.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:54 AM   #628
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Not interested in Aronofsky or George Miller.
Not sure about Aronofsky.
It would depend on his take.
I am open to George Miller.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #629
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Not interested in Aronofsky or George Miller.
Id be fine with Miller but Aronofsky is such an overrated director IMO.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #630
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

so what job is Clark going have? how will they explain his death and "resurrection" if the world doesn't know Clark is Superman?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #631
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium94 View Post
The film that makes me think Matthew Vaughn is the right choice for MOS 2 is X-Men: FC.

It's easily the best of the X-Men films next to Days of Future Past. The emotional core of the film between Erik and Charles is still pretty powerful, and I think that with the right writers helping him Vaughn could deliver a fantastic personal story for Clark Kent.

These two scenes portray that perfectly.

Picture a scene where Clark stretches his powers to their limits in a godly display of strength. Or a tearjerking moment of him teaching Kara how to fly.

Of course, that would mean getting Henry Jackman back to help score the next MOS movies
The Charles and Eric stuff was pretty much the only thing I liked about that film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
I think it's a bit much to say he has terrible taste in comic Authors because he works with Mark Millar. Miller's not one of my favourites, but Rev Son is great.
Not a fan of Red Son. Millar does not know how to write women.

misslane38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #632
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
The Charles and Eric stuff was pretty much the only thing I liked about that film.
I really liked First Class, and Goldman also cowrote DOFP, so I'm cool with Vaughn making MoS 2 if he gets it.

2017 Scores: Batman & Bill - 9/10 (Bob Kane is scum), John Wick 2: 8/10, Logan - 9.5/10, Alien Covenant - 5/10, GotG 2 - 7/10, Wonder Woman - 9/10, Spider-man Homecoming 8/10 War For The Planet Of The Apes - 9/10, Dunkirk - 10/10, The Dark Tower - 1/10, IT - 8/10, Blade Runner 2049 - 7.5/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:24 PM   #633
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
I really liked First Class, and Goldman also cowrote DOFP, so I'm cool with Vaughn making MoS 2 if he gets it.
Well, for me, that would be settling. I want the best, so Vaughn doesn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
I don't necessarily have a problem with an artistic, sentimental, and thoughtful take on Superman, but if you want to sell tickets to a wide audience, you'll need to make it also a crowd-pleasing action film. Not saying you can't merge the two, but I'm not sure crowds would flock to see a sentimental and thoughtful Superman.
Bayona is directing Jurassic World 2 now, so he's not a stranger to directing films for the GA.

misslane38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #634
brojinder
Side-Kick

I like Vaughn's movies but the thing about his Superman comments is that it sounds like he would go out of his way to make Superman colorful and happy and upbeat and smiley and all that just like, in spite of the past few movies.
Like how Supergirl's Superman was so obviously made to cater to everyone who thinks he isn't allowed to be sad ever.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE classic Superman, but stuff like Hoechiln's almost feels like a caricature. And I think we'd get more of that with Vaughn.

brojinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #635
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I like the church massacre in Kingsman. It's hilarious.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #636
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by brojinder View Post
I like Vaughn's movies but the thing about his Superman comments is that it sounds like he would go out of his way to make Superman colorful and happy and upbeat and smiley and all that just like, in spite of the past few movies.
Like how Supergirl's Superman was so obviously made to cater to everyone who thinks he isn't allowed to be sad ever.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE classic Superman, but stuff like Hoechiln's almost feels like a caricature. And I think we'd get more of that with Vaughn.
Yep. The character needs some balance and multidimensional characterization, and THATS in the comics too, he isnt just a happy go lucky character in the comics all the time, he doubts himself and he fails and he becomes angry. He does all that, and he is the ideal of hope too.

Get someone who understands all that. Snyder did, Nolan did, and I hope the next guy does too.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #637
writer0327
Side-Kick

Quote:

Bayona is directing Jurassic World 2 now, so he's not a stranger to directing films for the GA.
There's certainly something to that, but JW and Superman are two completely different properties that are in completely different places at the moment and need completely different approaches. JW is coming off critical and financial success and I think a is probably warranted. On the other hand, MoS and BvS has given us a divisive character amongst the GA, and Superman hasn't been widely beloved on film in decades. You have to get the character of Superman right at least once before moving onto a sentimental and thoughtful character film.

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 2. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 4. Justice League - 5. Thor: Ragnarok
6. Wonder Woman - 7. Blade Runner: 2049 - 8. Logan - 9. The Great Wall - 10. It
writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #638
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
There's certainly something to that, but JW and Superman are two completely different properties that are in completely different places at the moment and need completely different approaches. JW is coming off critical and financial success and I think a is probably warranted. On the other hand, MoS and BvS has given us a divisive character amongst the GA, and Superman hasn't been widely beloved on film in decades.
You have to get the character of Superman right at least once before moving onto a sentimental and thoughtful character film.
I don't think it has to be one extreme or the other. It should be about injecting more humanity into a huge blockbuster action movie. I doubt Bayona is suddenly going to turn Jurassic World 2 into a character film without dinosaurs stomping all over the place. Superman should be a crowd pleasing film but it can also be a character-driven film. It's about getting the character right. Having all the action have meaning behind it. Like Jenkins' Wonder Woman.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #639
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I don't think it has to be one extreme or the other. It should be about injecting more humanity into a huge blockbuster action movie. I doubt Bayona is suddenly going to turn Jurassic World 2 into a character film without dinosaurs stomping all over the place. Superman should be a crowd pleasing film but it can also be a character-driven film. It's about getting the character right. Having all the action have meaning behind it. Like Jenkins' Wonder Woman.
Or A Monster Calls.

There are 2 people who I'd imagine be a package deal.
Belén Atienza & J.A. Bayona

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #640
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

We don't need happy go lucky Superman. We need "don't play games with me general" Superman. We just need a Superman who speaks

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:22 AM   #641
SProsser
Side-Kick

Denis Villeneuve

SProsser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:36 AM   #642
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It would be fun to get an actual shortlist like we did before MOS.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:56 AM   #643
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:

Not a fan of Red Son. Millar does not know how to write women.
He doesn't how to write. FULL STOP.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #644
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

It's a bummer not being able to suggest Matt Reeves anymore.

I'd give Ava DuVernay a shot, if she would take it. She already aced the "charismatic/inspirational leader as lead character" thing once and she's currently trying her hand at a bigger budget. I'd like a smart drama-oriented voice.

Brad Bird seems like a long shot. Andrew Stanton does too, but less. I'd look past the John Carter mistakes.

The more realistic ones... Matthew Vaughn, certainly. Jordan Vogt-Roberts would be interesting. Dan Trachtenberg. Juan Bayona would be great.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote