Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Damn, that's pretty impressive.

Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #677
Iceman
Infinity War!

I'm playing a lot my old 360 games trying to complete them and sell or give to charity (as they're probably not worth too much individually now). I hope a good chunk of them are BC by now and also see some improved performance on X even if there is no specific optimisation for them.

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #678
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Damn, that's pretty impressive.
yeah, watched the vid last night on my tv ( on my Pro ). There's no denying it. You can tell a difference in texture quality. Looks like the extra RAM in the X will be the secret sauce that allows for the higher textures.

I'll admit this does make my decision tougher.........lol.

There's no question the X has the power to run the best version of multiplats. But, in the near term, PS4/Pro will have more AAA exclusives and greater game variety overall.

I'm curious as to the total file size for SOW on the X, as that will also be a factor in my decision.

Quote:
I'm playing a lot my old 360 games trying to complete them and sell or give to charity (as they're probably not worth too much individually now). I hope a good chunk of them are BC by now and also see some improved performance on X even if there is no specific optimisation for them.
here's the current list of 360 BC games.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...-compatibility

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM   #679
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah, watched the vid last night on my tv ( on my Pro ). There's no denying it. You can tell a difference in texture quality. Looks like the extra RAM in the X will be the secret sauce that allows for the higher textures.

I'll admit this does make my decision tougher.........lol.

There's no question the X has the power to run the best version of multiplats. But, in the near term, PS4/Pro will have more AAA exclusives and greater game variety overall.

I'm curious as to the total file size for SOW on the X, as that will also be a factor in my decision.
If you were to get the X would you not be keeping the Pro too?

Quote:
here's the current list of 360 BC games.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...-compatibility
Thanks. I just need to save this lol. Do you still have that other list of enhanced titles for the X?

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #680
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
If you were to get the X would you not be keeping the Pro too?

Thanks. I just need to save this lol. Do you still have that other list of enhanced titles for the X?
yes, I'd be keeping the Pro if I got an X. But, ideally, I'd like to keep everything on one console, y'know?

If I got an X, that would probably become my main console due to the multiplats and media features. That means my Pro would just be used for exclusives, which would kind of make it feel like it's "collecting dust." But, that's certainly a route I could take.

But something like BlazBlue isn't even a true PS exclusive, since it's coming to other platforms, just not Xbox.......lol. And that kind of annoys me more than if it were a true PS4 exclusive.

So, with the Ps4/Pro, though it may not be as powerful as the X, I'd at least be able to play all the multiplat and exclusive games I'm interested in.

and here's the current list of X Enhanced games.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbo...-enhanced-list

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #681
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
yes, I'd be keeping the Pro if I got an X. But, ideally, I'd like to keep everything on one console, y'know?
I definitely know what you mean. I committed last gen to buying all consoles from the main providers for the rest of time but it became unmanageable and I was still spending most of my time on one due to the friend's lista nd gaming history. I will probably be Xbox and PC only going forward even though I'm very interested in PS4 and Switch. I have plenty of access to PS4s but not enough to Switch.

Quote:
If I got an X, that would probably become my main console due to the multiplats and media features. That means my Pro would just be used for exclusives, which would kind of make it feel like it's "collecting dust." But, that's certainly a route I could take.

But something like BlazBlue isn't even a true PS exclusive, since it's coming to other platforms, just not Xbox.......lol. And that kind of annoys me more than if it were a true PS4 exclusive.

So, with the Ps4/Pro, though it may not be as powerful as the X, I'd at least be able to play all the multiplat and exclusive games I'm interested in.

and here's the current list of X Enhanced games.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbo...-enhanced-list
At least the PS4 Pro would have a good number of exclusives so it wouldn't be collecting to much dust if you had both.

Thanks for those 2 lists. It's going to become very useful in the next few weeks as I want to start steaming through my 360 back catalogue and get rid of them to create space and it would be better if I can play them on the X (so I can stay in touch with friends and be ready to jump into co-op/mp games with them) and even better if the X enhances them.

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #682
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
I definitely know what you mean. I committed last gen to buying all consoles from the main providers for the rest of time but it became unmanageable and I was still spending most of my time on one due to the friend's lista nd gaming history. I will probably be Xbox and PC only going forward even though I'm very interested in PS4 and Switch. I have plenty of access to PS4s but not enough to Switch.

At least the PS4 Pro would have a good number of exclusives so it wouldn't be collecting to much dust if you had both.

Thanks for those 2 lists. It's going to become very useful in the next few weeks as I want to start steaming through my 360 back catalogue and get rid of them to create space and it would be better if I can play them on the X (so I can stay in touch with friends and be ready to jump into co-op/mp games with them) and even better if the X enhances them.
yeah, unmanageable - that's a good way to describe it.

even now with my Switch, I've barely touched it.

So, I fear if I get an X, I'd spend less time on my Pro and even less time on the Switch. Not sure I can juggle 3 consoles......lol.

Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #683
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
yeah, unmanageable - that's a good way to describe it.

even now with my Switch, I've barely touched it.

So, I fear if I get an X, I'd spend less time on my Pro and even less time on the Switch. Not sure I can juggle 3 consoles......lol.
The Switch would be something I'd love to own, play like crazy for a week and then it would start gathering dust even though I loved it. Would only bring it out to binge certain Nintendo games.

Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #684
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
The Switch would be something I'd love to own, play like crazy for a week and then it would start gathering dust even though I loved it. Would only bring it out to binge certain Nintendo games.
yeah. and I bought one knowing full well I'd only use it for the Nintendo exclusives - so it was always going to be my secondary console.

the battle for primary console will always be between PS and Xbox.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #685
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
yeah. and I bought one knowing full well I'd only use it for the Nintendo exclusives - so it was always going to be my secondary console.

the battle for primary console will always be between PS and Xbox.
For me primary console would be a choice of the most powerful for multiplats or the one where my friends that I regularly play with play. If that happens to mean 2 consoles, then that's the only case in which I would now consider doing it after the failed experience of last gen. But I would probably rather just pair pc with the console that has my friends playing on. I guess ecosystem, media play and historical purchases also plays a big part now.

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #686
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
For me primary console would be a choice of the most powerful for multiplats or the one where my friends that I regularly play with play. If that happens to mean 2 consoles, then that's the only case in which I would now consider doing it after the failed experience of last gen. But I would probably rather just pair pc with the console that has my friends playing on. I guess ecosystem, media play and historical purchases also plays a big part now.
Windows ecosystem and media features ( including 4K player ) would be big reasons why I'd get an X, if I decide to do so.

and for my purposes, I'd say primary console would be the one I use most and/or can play the most games on.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #687
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Windows ecosystem and media features ( including 4K player ) would be big reasons why I'd get an X, if I decide to do so.

and for my purposes, I'd say primary console would be the one I use most and/or can play the most games on.
That's also why exclusives don't mean much to me unless they are must play games that I can play for a very long time (single player games don't normally fit that definition, unless there were about 50 of them). There are enough top multiplats to keep me busy full time and the number of exclusives on any console can't compare to that. Uncharted and GoW are my must-play single player games on PS (Horizon looks like it could join that list), but I can play a game or 2 a year on a mate's console just as easily without having to invest in a whole different ecosystem and setup. A totally amazing MMO, multiplayer, co-op or Horde type experience that can go on indefinitely for months and is unmissable is more likely to force me to have multiple consoles.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #688
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
That's also why exclusives don't mean much to me unless they are must play games that I can play for a very long time (single player games don't normally fit that definition, unless there were about 50 of them). There are enough top multiplats to keep me busy full time and the number of exclusives on any console can't compare to that. Uncharted and GoW are my must-play single player games on PS (Horizon looks like it could join that list), but I can play a game or 2 a year on a mate's console just as easily without having to invest in a whole different ecosystem and setup. A totally amazing MMO, multiplayer, co-op or Horde type experience that can go on indefinitely for months and is unmissable is more likely to force me to have multiple consoles.
for me, it has to be a really good single player experience, especially if it's an exclusive RPG or fighting game.

or, if it's a franchise/character I really care about.

for example, just like the new Spider-Man game is a PS4 exclusive, let's say they announce a new open-world Superman game and it's Xbox exclusive.

Or, lets say Bioware does a remake or else brand new entry in the SW KOTOR RPG series - and again, it's Xbox exclusive.

Exclusive games like that would entice me over to the console.

Exclusive system features/functionality/experiences would also entice me, and I think that's the biggest appeal Xbox has to me. The media features and overall Windows ecosystem.

cuz when you think about it, the Pro is kind of a half-assed 4K machine. No 4K player ( I wouldn't be in the market for a 4K player or Xbox if Sony had included a 4K player in the Pro.....stupid!! ). And not enough specs to support 4K textures like the X can do.

Last edited by X Knight; Yesterday at 06:58 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #689
Iceman
Infinity War!

A 4K player definitely would have been enough almost on its own for me if other consoles didn't have it but I had already bought one before so it didn't really matter. The S is particularly good value for a 4K player.