The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 06-14-2017, 07:34 PM   #601
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Default Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
it's all good . this was the where they said there all the dlc and one exclusive costume for nero saber though just so you see it. details inthe link below.
Switch
Fate/Extella for Switch �Unshackled Bride� costume trailer
Published 6 days ago. 32 comments.
thanks.

so it seems like the DLC stuff is mainly cosmetic costume stuff. and while that Bride outfit is hot, Nero Saber isn't my preferred Saber anyways.

so, yeah, I'll just get it for the PS4.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #602
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
thanks.

so it seems like the DLC stuff is mainly cosmetic costume stuff. and while that Bride outfit is hot, Nero Saber isn't my preferred Saber anyways.

so, yeah, I'll just get it for the PS4.
I don't remember the full details. the costume might do something, I just don't remember if it was cosmetic or does something. the detail were mostlikely some time ago before the ps4 launch . if it is cosmetic it won't matter any way. both saber's are in the game and have extra costumes. well there are three sabers plus jean de arc who's a another class which is ruler for her.

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #603
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
I don't remember the full details. the costume might do something, I just don't remember if it was cosmetic or does something. the detail were mostlikely some time ago before the ps4 launch . if it is cosmetic it won't matter any way. both saber's are in the game and have extra costumes. well there are three sabers plus jean de arc who's a another class which is ruler for her.
thanks.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #604
zenith16
Side-Kick

Two articles from different places .

Switch
GungHo Online Entertainment has a Switch action game for all ages in development
Published 1 day ago. 38 comments.
Quote:
"It's a gameplay style that has not been seen before."

GungHo Online Entertainment, publisher of smartphone game Puzzles & Dragons and Grasshopper Manufacture’s free-to-play PlayStation 4 title Let It Die, is working on an “action game for all games with a lighter, comical tone” for Switch, company CEO Kazuki Mori****a told Destructoid at E3 2017.

Morita could not compare the unannounced game to anything currently on the market, but confirmed it was a new IP and will feature both single-player and multiplayer gameplay.

“No direct comparison exists,” Mori****a said. “It’s a gameplay style that has not been seen before.”
Morita added that its Switch game did not start out as a Switch title. It was kicked around at the company for about “four to five years” before it became what it is today.

Read More

Switch,E3 2017,GungHo Online Entertainment,GungHo Switch Action Game

Also with

One day, you'll be able to stream PC games on the Nintendo Switch

34 mins ago

Today in ‘Are you sure?’: upcoming PC game streaming service Rainway have announced that they’ll support Nintendo’s semi-portable console,...Read more

source: Gematsu& PCGN

Last edited by zenith16; 06-15-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:31 AM   #605
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok got a Microsoft Rep explaining to vic on video why MS has so little exclusive this year. it's the last segment inthe video below. prior to that he also got details on if mo9nter hunter world will come west for the switch since japan is indeed getting and the rep for Nintendo explains that as well. (Don't assume please see their explanations your questions will be answered ) all details are in the video below.

05:52

E3 2017 Day 4 - The Rundown - Electric Playground
Published 06/15/2017

It's our last day at E3 2017! Today in the Rundown, we have some disappointing news for Switch owners that want to play Monster Hunter: World, but also some good news for

those still wanting to own a Switch, the next console Pikmin game is further than expected, and finally, we find out what happened to all the Xbox One exclusives!

source: EPN.tv

Old 06-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #606
zenith16
Side-Kick

Level-5 On How Touchscreen Controls Pose A Problem For A Professor Layton Game On The Switch. June 16, 2017 . 8:30am

CEO Akihiro Hino noted that, though they are looking into putting the next game on the Switch, a big challenge in accomplishing that task lies in implementing the console’s touchscreen controls.

20 comments Read >

Quote:

Fans of the Professor Layton series have a brand-new title to look forward to in Layton’s Mystery Journey when it releases this summer, but some may be wondering when we’ll see a Layton game come to the Switch.

Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino recently addressed this matter in an interview with Eurogamer. Hino noted that, though they are looking into putting the next game on the Switch, a big challenge in accomplishing that task lies in implementing the console’s touchscreen controls.

In regards to the touchscreen controls, Hino said the following:
“I played Zelda. I love the Switch. I think it’s amazing hardware. The problem is, the Layton series does a lot with the touchscreen and pointing. So, the problem with the Switch is, if you play on handheld you can do it, but if you put it on the dock… we’re trying to figure out how that would play into it.
If we can get around that and figure out a way of doing it, definitely we’re looking into putting the next Layton onto the Switch.”
Read more stories about Nintendo Switch & Professor Layton on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Old 06-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #607
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I was going to hold off on a Switch until Christmas, but I'm skeptical inventory will be any better by then with Mario Odyssey releasing in October and it'll be the hot console for the holiday shopping season. The only place that seems reliable to get one is a GameStop bundle. Their Zelda bundle seems to be closest to MSRP of everything at $450 and it's all things I'd probably end up buying anyway.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #608
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo finally gives an update on Virtual Console for the Switch June 15, 2017

Players who want Nintendo's latest system to get Virtual Console

Read more

Quote:
Players who want Nintendo's latest system to get Virtual Console games have new reason to hold out hope.| 06/15/2017 01:30 PM PT

While the Nintendo Switch didn’t launch with a Virtual Console and plans to bring the service to the system have been kept a mystery, Nintendo has at least acknowledged players are hoping to play their favorite classics.
In an interview with IGN, Nintendo of America president and chief operating officer Reggie Fils-Aime explained Nintendo understands the fervor for access to past games like the Wii, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS currently have with the Virtual Console. “Certainly, we recognize there’s an appetite for all of our great legacy content,” Reggie said. “We know that our fans, our players, want access to all of our digital content, we know that.”
Fils-Aime doesn’t give any concrete reasons as to why a Virtual Console has been considered an afterthought with the Switch, but it seems there are plans to examine giving players what they want. “What we’re working through is, ‘Okay, what’s going to be the best way to make that happen, to make that available?'” he said. We do know Nintendo’s newly announced paid online subscription for the Switch will include the Classic Games Selection feature, which will include classic NES games to play at any time, but this seemingly does not include SNES or later titles.
Despite being another vague answer to the feature coming to the latest console, it’s at least encouraging to know Nintendo sees the demand and will address it openly. The E3 Spotlight presentation for the company proved to reveal just as many vague but exciting possibilities coming down the line, including a fourth entry in the Metroid Prime series and a new core Pokémon game for the Switch, both of which have been highly requested by fans.
Source: IGN

Also with

Nintendo defends the Switch’s wacky voice chat support June 16, 2017

The Switch's voice chat app will be "better" than standard setups, claims Nintendo.
Read more

Quote:
The Switch's voice chat app will be "better" than standard setups, claims Nintendo.

| 06/16/2017 11:00 AM PT | Updated 06/16/2017 11:03 AM PT

Nintendo is doubling down on the idea of routing the Nintendo Switch’s voice chat through a smartphone app.
So far, Nintendo hasn’t explained exactly how the app will work. According to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé, though, this system of voice chat will actually be better than the standard method of making voice chat an inherent feature of the console.
“We actually think that the phone is going to deliver a better, more robust execution,” Fils-Aimé said in an interview with Kotaku. “In terms of the APIs that we can build into an app, the fact that phones are ubiquitous, the fact that it allows us to do much more rapid improvements and updates to a service, that’s why we think a phone execution—and specifically a mobile app execution—is going to be better for the consumer.”
Just because Nintendo claims to be focusing on the consumer, though, doesn’t mean that the solution will be the most consumer-friendly. The first Splatoon-themed headset for the Nintendo Switch’s voice chat was revealed a few weeks ago to near-universal disdain for its clunky setup and overuse of wires. Fils-Aimé thinks that better solutions may appear, though.
“What you’ve seen is the execution by one particular supplier,” Fils-Aimé said, referring to this Splatoon-themed setup. “That is not going to be the only solution.”
Nintendo plans to launch its voice chat app this summer.
Source: Kotaku

Lastly

Nintendo explains reasons behind delay of Switch’s paid online June 16, 2017

Nintendo says it wants to create the highest-quality online experience possible.
Read more

Quote:
Nintendo says it wants to create the highest-quality online experience possible

| 06/16/2017 12:45 PM PT

The Nintendo Switch is building up a decent library of games, but there’s one aspect of the console that’s decidedly lacking: its online support.
So far, we know that the Switch is supposed to get voice chat functionality (via a smartphone app), an online subscription service that both lets players participate in online matches and grants subscribers access to a few games each month, and—supposedly—a virtual console similar to the one found on the Wii and the Wii U. That’s not counting regular browser support and support for common online apps like YouTube and Netflix.
Now, Nintendo has revealed the reason for the delay: The company is waiting to release those features until they’re perfect.
“As Nintendo looks at the overall online digital experience there’s a recognition that there’s a lot of work to be world class,” Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé told Polygon. “And we pride ourselves… We believe our IP is world class. We believe that when we create a piece of hardware it’s world class. We need to get our digital environment world class. And that’s what we’re working hard to do.”
Fils-Aimé specifically mentioned that entertainments services like Netflix and Amazon are “important for a device you can take with you,” and mentioned that Nintendo is working on them. However, he believes that the delay will be worth it in the end.
“As we were proceeding along development, there were things we wanted to do with Nintendo Switch online that extended the development time,” Fils-Aimé said. “When you look at the products [from Nintendo] that have been delayed, typically it’s worth the wait. [The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild] is a great example.”
Since this is the first time, too, that Nintendo is charging for such a service, Fils-Aimé wants to ensure that subscribers feel the price is worth it.
“We wanted to make sure that it is a robust, well-executed online environment, and for the $20 annual subscription fee, the consumer says, ‘This is a no-brainer. I want to participate. I’m all in.'”
Some features of Nintendo’s online services, such as voice chat, are expected to launch this summer. There will be available for free for a short time while Nintendo runs tests, before the full features launch in 2018.
Source: Polygon

source:http://www.egmnow.com/

Old 06-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #609
Iceman
Infinity War!

So what's happening with Switch cross platform play?

Old 06-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #610
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
So what's happening with Switch cross platform play?
It's addressed on page 21

post #522

Of this same thread first segment of this video below monster hunter double cross will be the first game to feature this if & when it comes west. Details below in the video
Quote:
07:26

Nintendo Switch and 3DS Getting Crossplatform Multiplayer - The Rundown - Electric Playground
05/29/2017

Cross-platform multiplayer between the Nintendo Switch and 3DS is on the way thanks to Monster Hunter! We've got the details on that today in the Rundown, plus the latest on
the future of the Hitman series, what's next for Pirates of the Caribbean, a new Guardians of the Galaxy game, and finally, some experimental news about Pixar!

source: EPN.tv

Last edited by zenith16; 06-17-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #611
Iceman
Infinity War!

Could be a very good call.

I hope Monster Hunter does well on the back of it.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:07 PM   #612
X Knight
Watchful Protector

A Wild Nintendo Switch appears!!

X Knight throws a pokeball. Wild Nintendo Switch has been captured!

wait.........Nintendo Switch is evolving.......into.........Zelda Machine!!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #613
Travesty
TEOL

So a new game came out on the eShop, and it's Might Gunvolt Burst. I haven't played it yet, but I'm watching videos and looking at some reviews, and it seems to be a legit game. I keep hearing how this is what Might No9 should have been. It's an 8-bit version, but it's different than the 8-bit Mighty Gunvolt that came out a few years ago.

I think I'll buy it later tonight. It's $10.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #614
X Knight
Watchful Protector

so, my initial thoughts after unboxing the Switch and getting it hooked up and powered on, as well as a few questions.

1. The console is much smaller than I thought it would be. It looks bigger in pics and videos. Even with the Joycons attached to the unit and the whole thing in the dock, it doesn't take up much space on my shelf. So, it fits perfectly right next to my TV.

2. Speaking of the Joycons, yeah, those things are tiny. Using the buttons and sticks to navigate the setup felt a bit awkward. I'll have to get used to them when using the Switch in portable mode, but for docked use, I'm glad I also went for the Pro controller. cuz I don't think I'd enjoy spending long periods of time holding those Joycons.

With that being said, it was kind of neat to detach the Joycons ( though detaching them felt a bit awkward, too ) and just holding them in each hand while controlling the console ( which I could place anywhere ).

3. The initial setup was fairly painless though and I didn't run into any major updates - though I'll have to check that again later. But, it was pretty nice to be able to get everything set up, hooked up, and ready to go in about 10 minutes or so.

Which leads me to my questions.

1. I noticed the only power option was Sleep Mode. I take it the unit and Joycons will charge in Sleep Mode? But, is there no way to turn the console completely off?

2. Also, any tips/advices/best practices you all would recommend to a newbie Switch owner?

thanks!

Old 06-18-2017, 09:14 PM   #615
Travesty
TEOL

The joycon's comfortability will grow on you. At first I didn't like it, now I do. But yes, a Pro Controller is better overall, but I do find the joycons to be fine in portable mode. As for your sleep mode question, yes, that's the way you want to play it, so you can just grab you Switch and its automatically ready to play. If you want to turn the system off completely, there's a button on top of the system, although, I don't see a reason to. Sleep mode works great, and is incredibly convenient.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #616
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
The joycon's comfortability will grow on you. At first I didn't like it, now I do. But yes, a Pro Controller is better overall, but I do find the joycons to be fine in portable mode. As for your sleep mode question, yes, that's the way you want to play it, so you can just grab you Switch and its automatically ready to play. If you want to turn the system off completely, there's a button on top of the system, although, I don't see a reason to. Sleep mode works great, and is incredibly convenient.
thanks, man!

I just tried out the Pro controller, and it is definitely more comfortable.

oh, and I installed a micro SD card.

is there a way to tell the system where to automatically download/install stuff? I want it to install stuff to the SD card by default.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #617
X Knight
Watchful Protector

also, besides Zelda ( which I have ) and Mario Kart and Arms ( which I will get in the coming weeks ), are there any other recommended Switch games? Any "hidden gems" out there?

any games to flat out avoid??

thanks!

Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #618
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Snake Pass

Old 06-19-2017, 12:42 AM   #619
X Knight
Watchful Protector

^ thanks Libido, I'll look into that.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:09 AM   #620
X Knight
Watchful Protector

and Damn!!!

I must say, going from TV mode to handheld so seamlessly is quite impressive!!

and the visual and audio quality of the handheld unit is quite impressive, too!!

sure has come along way from the original Gameboy.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #621
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
also, besides Zelda ( which I have ) and Mario Kart and Arms ( which I will get in the coming weeks ), are there any other recommended Switch games? Any "hidden gems" out there?

any games to flat out avoid??

thanks!
hmm ok one you look into RPG wise there's Disgaea 5 Complete:Switch

Racers fast race neo as you know . the up coming one's there's Rocket league
and you should check out the mighty gun volt game coming to the switch.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:21 AM   #622
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
hmm ok one you look into RPG wise there's Disgaea 5 Complete:Switch

Racers fast race neo as you know . the up coming one's there's Rocket league
and you should check out the mighty gun volt game coming to the switch.
thanks, zenith!

Old 06-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #623
X Knight
Watchful Protector

so how do you add online friends on the Switch?

on PS and Xbox, you just share your usernames/ids.

does the Switch follow a similar system?

also, when I go to the stores, I see those Nintendo eShop money cards ( similar to the MS and PS cards ). But the cards I see only say for Wii U and 3DS.

can those eshop cards be used to buy digital games on the Switch?

thanks guys.

sorry for all of these questions......lol.

I've just been out of the Nintendo ecosystem since the days of Gamecube and Gameboy Advance.

I skipped the Wii and Wii U and all of the DS/3DS systems. So, the Switch is my 1st Nintendo console in a really, really long time.......lol.

Last edited by X Knight; 06-19-2017 at 11:12 AM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #624
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok some I nearly missed with another article that's current

Future Wii U games for the Switch won’t just be portsJune 16, 2017

Expect more "deluxe" versions of Wii U games on the Switch down the line.
Read more

Quote:
Expect more "deluxe" versions of Wii U games on the Switch down the line.

| 06/16/2017 11:45 AM PT | Updated 06/18/2017 09:20 PM PT

Nintendo has high hopes for Switch hardware sales. In fact, by the end of the fiscal year, it’s looking to sell 18 million units, up from its previous goal of 10 million units. This is in contrast to its previous console, the Wii U, which in total has only sold 13.56 million units.

This means a much larger install base on the Switch for Wii U games that practically no one played, given the Wii U’s poor hardware sales. Nintendo has already jumped at the opportunity to bring previously overlooked games to its new console, with the successful Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the upcoming Pokken Tournament DX, both of which are going beyond the mere port-with-a-fresh-coat-of-paint mentality by adding a plethora of additional content.
It sounds like Nintendo is planning to continue this trend of Wii U ports, according to a recent interview with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé.
No specific details were given, but Fils-Aimé stated that bringing more “deluxe” versions of Wii U games to the Switch is an “active discussion” at Nintendo.
“Look, in the end, fill in your favorite franchise here,” he said. “It comes down to how do we do something more? How do we do something unique? How do we take a franchise and make it vibrant with more and [reach] more people?”
The upcoming Metroid: Samus Returns for the Nintendo 3DS is a good example of this mentality. It’s a remake of the original Metroid sequel—1991’s Metroid II: Return of Samus—on the Gameboy, but instead of simply upgrading the graphics, the next side-scrolling Metroid adventure will give Samus new game mechanics that will completely change the feel and flow of the game, while still maintaining the exploration and level design of its predecessor.
“That’s how we think about our different franchises and different IP,” Fils-Aimé explained. “So when one of our developers has an idea—and again, fill in your favorite franchise here—to take it and make it more vibrant, that’s when it will come to one of our platforms.”
Until then, there are a lot of new first-party games to enjoy coming out in the next few months, not the least of which is the newly released Arms. Check out our review, and then start pummeling the competition.
Source: IGN

and more recently

Xbox One
, Switch
2064: Read Only Memories coming to Switch in Q1 2018, Xbox One version launches July
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.
Quote:
Switch version to offer new features, voiced scenes, and more.

2064: Read Only Memories, MidBoss’ cyberpunk point-and-click adventure currently available for PlayStation 4 and PC, is coming to Switch as 2064: Read Only Memories Integral in Q1 2018, the developer announced.

The Switch version will offer Switch-exclusive features, new voiced scenes, fast skip, auto-save, and other core game improvements, and run on the new “Turing Framework” for Unity.

An Xbox One version, which was previously announced, is also in production and judging by the game’s official Twitter account handle, which is “2064@XboxOne July!,” the Xbox One version will launch in July.

Here’s an overview of the PC version, via its Steam page:
About
Neo-San Francisco, 2064 AD. Your life as a struggling journalist is interrupted by the world’s first sapient machine, a ROM (Relationship and Organizational Manager) named Turing. Together, you and the quirky robot will encounter a colorful cast of locals and overcome challenges as you uncover the city’s secrets behind the overlapping futures of technology and humanity. 2064: Read Only Memories is a new cyberpunk adventure that will take you on a journey of puzzle-solving and exploring as you investigate the mysterious world and characters of Neo-San Francisco.

Inspired by classics like Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father and Snatcher, 2064: Read Only Memories is a retrofuturistic take on the point-and-click adventure genre that features a rich mature narrative and unique gameplay challenges hidden within the beautiful interactive pixel scenes. The deeper you delve into the life of your missing friend, the further you get entangled into this tale about the dark side of technology.
Can you survive in Neo-SF? Or will the mystery go unsolved…?
Key Features
  • Dynamic narrative defined by player choices, with over 10 hours of dialogue, exploration, and gameplay challenges with multiple solutions.
  • Voice acting from a unique and diverse professional cast of talent, including Austin Creed (aka WWE Superstar Xavier Woods), Todd Bridges, Melissa Hutchinson, Jim Sterling, voices from Telltale’s “The Walking Dead”, and many more!
  • New and revamped puzzles, an even deeper story and new expressive animations for the lively citizens of Neo-SF.
  • “Endless Christmas”, an extended epilogue giving you the opportunity to hang out with your favorite Neo-SF locals!
    Even more Hassy than ever before!
Thanks, Eurogamer.

Read More

Switch,Xbox One,2064: Read Only Memories,MidBoss,Visual Novel

source: Gematsu & http://www.egmnow.com

Old 06-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #625
X Knight
Watchful Protector

I'd imagine there will be a Smash Bros game on the Switch. And if they are still far away from a proper Switch Smash Bros game, then a Deluxe version of the Wii U game would fit the bill.

probably not this year due to Arms and Pokken, but next year would be nice.