Could she work in other places? sure

Is it vital to the story just like S-M 1....probably not

Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #952
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
Because considering she's a teenager in high school she can't work full time, so she'll need to make extra money to compensate. And she makes that extra money through tips. Peter making more or around the same as MJ (with her tips added to her salary) could be explained by either A) There could be big bucks for him to earn through pics of Spidey or B) If Peter becomes a web page designer like in USM, he'll get paid more than a normal teen considering you have to be really tech savy to do such a thing, which means employers would be harder to find then say cashiers, waiteresses, or something along those lines.
You can work part time at a record store. Hell, I did.

And again you continue to assume what MJ is going to be like in this film, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
This movie is going to make me alive again. It's going to make me cry so much. I'm ready.
So you're dead at the moment.

How's that like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
You should definitely call them up and tell them their lives were cliched and lacked creativity. I'm sure they would appreciate it.
So the girls Schrute knew were all wannabe actresses?

Damn, what kind of school is that!??!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #953
Schrute
Side-Kick

^We don't really know she is a wannabe actress in this flick though

Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #954
WesMan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You can work part time at a record store. Hell, I did.

And again you continue to assume what MJ is going to be like in this film, lol.

So you're dead at the moment.

How's that like?

So the girls Schrute knew were all wannabe actresses?

Damn, what kind of school is that!??!
If other people on this board and you cannot comprehend something metaphorical then I question how you're even able to think.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #955
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
^We don't really know she is a wannabe actress in this flick though
lol oopsie!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #956
Creator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AN LEGEND View Post
Another stupid discussion?
Why yes, why yes it is.

Sadly, Spider-Man fans are without question some of the most childish people imaginable. I notice this as I jump from superhero forum to forum here on the Hype. We're immensely repetitive, we have to be right no matter what and we don't debate--we bicker with a fickle kind of attitude like a bunch 6 year old girls.

The reason, we now have two Spider-Man directors. Which means, you can't like them both, you must chose sides like Republicans and Democrats--with Sony/Disney as the Illuminati watching and knowing that they own both sides. And if you prefer one over the other, you must hate the other director's film or belittle it religiously. If you like both, you're considered an invisible traitor to both sides. I also notice that those who like Raimi's films don't stay in the Raimi boards and vice virsa with Webb. I think the problem is we fall in love with the directors more so than the actual character, Spider-Man.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #957
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Then there's nothing to discuss here until the movie comes out or a new set image is released

Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #958
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
"Face it, tiger..."

I was wondering about that earlier.
Someone on the forum had a damn cool idea actually about that. How MJ helps Peter with the broken down car, and the jackpot she refers to is not only because of her looks but mostly because of her talent and person. Would be a nice modern way to twist that comment.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-06-2013, 03:59 AM   #959
Creator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Then there's nothing to discuss here until the movie comes out or a new set image is released
Yes, and as soon a new pic is released the two director's fanboys will flood the boards and poof...we're back into more stupid discussions. Maybe it'll be about which funeral scene looks better Raimi's or Webb's. Can't wait.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #960
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
Yes, and as soon a new pic is released the two director's fanboys will flood the boards and poof...we're back into more stupid discussions. Maybe it'll be about which funeral scene looks better Raimi's or Webb's. Can't wait.
I don't follow all bits of news
Who's the new director? I thought Webb is the director of this movie, and him alone

Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #961
Creator
Banned User

I'm talking about between Raimi and Webb's geeks.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #962
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

geez, come on guys, its not like they're arguing about the waitress thing, its alright to discuss these things you know? lol

Anyway, I dont have a problem with her being a waitress again, I get where Annos coming from though, but has anyone thought, they made her work at a coffee shop for CONVENIENCE rather than, well all the other things. You have someone throwing cars about and need to get this character involved somehow, have her work at a coffee shop on the same street the s*** goes down....and BOOM! She's involved.

Just my 2 $

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #963
ITheSymbioteI
Side-Kick

So is Norman for sure in this movie btw? If so, the only way its going to work with Electro being the villain here is if GG is the villain in the next movie right?

If he does make an appearance as GG though, I really hope they get the voice right. I couldn't stop laughing at Mandarins voice in the new IM3 trailer. Ben Kingsley is awesome but his 'menacing' voice made me double over at how damn cheesy it was.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #964
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
geez, come on guys, its not like they're arguing about the waitress thing, its alright to discuss these things you know? lol

Anyway, I dont have a problem with her being a waitress again, I get where Annos coming from though, but has anyone thought, they made her work at a coffee shop for CONVENIENCE rather than, well all the other things. You have someone throwing cars about and need to get this character involved somehow, have her work at a coffee shop on the same street the s*** goes down....and BOOM! She's involved.

Just my 2 $
No. It's clearly just copying

Yeah. I think they decided to do the coffee shop because they felt it best. Nothing more.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #965
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I'm about to give TASM it's second chance.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #966
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

I watched Amazing Spider-Man again yesterday with a friend. It holds up. There are some moments that, obviously, could be better. It's an average-good movie. I think it's tough to say whether it's better than Raimi's. I think it is, as a Spider-Man movie, because it got the characterizations right. That, in my mind, is the most important part.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #967
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITheSymbioteI View Post

If he does make an appearance as GG though, I really hope they get the voice right.
we will probably get a mid end credit scene with a tease that green goblin is coming

i don't think we will see the Green goblin because it will be a bigger hype for the third if we don't know what he looks like yet

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #968
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Someone on the forum had a damn cool idea actually about that. How MJ helps Peter with the broken down car, and the jackpot she refers to is not only because of her looks but mostly because of her talent and person. Would be a nice modern way to twist that comment.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #969
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
id actually rather that then using her for looks

Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #970
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
So have we heard anything that we will get the famous intro of MJ from the comics?

Ugh. No. Fan service scenes like that are completely cringe-worthy.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #971
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Anything new with production?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #972
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITheSymbioteI View Post
So is Norman for sure in this movie btw? If so, the only way its going to work with Electro being the villain here is if GG is the villain in the next movie right?

If he does make an appearance as GG though, I really hope they get the voice right. I couldn't stop laughing at Mandarins voice in the new IM3 trailer. Ben Kingsley is awesome but his 'menacing' voice made me double over at how damn cheesy it was.
Norman is 100% in the movie. Key word: Norman....nothing said about GG, but his inclusion can only mean they are leading there eventually. I honestly believe that with both Rhino and Electro in this film, Norman is merely going to be Norman in this film, and we'll probably learn more details about his fatal illness and what he's doing to combat it, as well as the role he could have played in the disappearance of the Parkers.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #973
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
Why yes, why yes it is.

Sadly, Spider-Man fans are without question some of the most childish people imaginable. I notice this as I jump from superhero forum to forum here on the Hype. We're immensely repetitive, we have to be right no matter what and we don't debate--we bicker with a fickle kind of attitude like a bunch 6 year old girls.

The reason, we now have two Spider-Man directors. Which means, you can't like them both, you must chose sides like Republicans and Democrats--with Sony/Disney as the Illuminati watching and knowing that they own both sides. And if you prefer one over the other, you must hate the other director's film or belittle it religiously. If you like both, you're considered an invisible traitor to both sides. I also notice that those who like Raimi's films don't stay in the Raimi boards and vice virsa with Webb. I think the problem is we fall in love with the directors more so than the actual character, Spider-Man.
i think your just a big poopypants

Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #974
fangz
Side-Kick

haha
plenty of people like both. becuz i do, and usually a lot of people think and feel the same way i do about things. maybe not enough people that post on spider-man forums on sites like this. but plenty of room for both of them. the problems with Webb's version don't have anything to do with the problems with Raimi's version. ultimately, we got the comics and even then, everyone's got their own favorite run, Ditko, Romita, i don't know who else, McFarlan, Straczynski :P, Slott .
so it shouldn't really shock anyone to see bickering about directors. bring it on, man. cuz whatever u bicker, one day hopefully you'll see the version u hate and be able to read more into it. Spidey's the best superhero ever written, i love all 4 films so far. but they'd all be better if i was in charge, u know what i mean?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #975
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread