The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #26
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Nintendo Entering Mobile: La fin du temps?

Well, they've already stated that they plan to keep their mobile and handheld output separate, but we could see some of DeNA's mobile output on 3DS. I would suggest, though, that it's better to keep this thread more about news of actual Nintendo activity that's reported and not speculation like that. Doesn't look like this will be an active thread, but it's going to be confusing if you start posting news about mobile stuff just because it might come to a Nintendo platform.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 03-31-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:11 PM   #27
zenith16
Side-Kick

Even though I did this, I wasn't planning to really make it a habit . Unless they actually say it would happen .

• 16:38

All Things Nintendo - Bonus Round

• 1 day ago
source:GT Reviews Youtube channel

Last edited by zenith16; 04-06-2015 at 05:26 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #28
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-...e-development/

Quote:
While announcing Nintendo’s latest financial results, president Satoru Iwata shared a brief update regarding the company’s mobile development plans.
Sankei reports that the producer of Mario Kart has been appointed to be in charge of mobile game development. “It should help you understand the level of commitment from Nintendo”, Iwata said.
A name isn’t specifically mentioned, but we assume the article is referring to Hideki Konno, who has been producing Mario Kart games since the DS entry. Konno was also the producer on Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, and Mario Kart 8.
Sankei also mentions that today’s news shows how Nintendo intends to tackle mobile games with the same developers they use for console games.
Nintendo announced in March that it was teaming up with DeNA to create gaming apps for smartphone devices. The two sides are also working together a new membership service for Nintendo

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #29
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo To Release 5 Smartphone Games By March 2017. May 7, 2015 . 11:48pm

Hope to reach “hundreds of millions of people all around the world”.
Quote:

During a financial results briefing, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata touched briefly upon the company’s partnership with smartphone game maker DeNA. As previously reported, Nintendo and DeNA will collaborate to produce .titles based on Nintendo I.P. for smartphones.

“Regarding the number of the titles, you may want to know that we will release approximately five titles by the end of the next fiscal year, which is the end of March 2017,” Iwata said to investors and analysts.

He continued, “You may think it is a small number, but when we aim to make each title a hit, and because we want to thoroughly operate every one of them for a significant amount of time after their releases, this is not a small number at all and should demonstrate our serious commitment to the smart device business.”

“We will strive to expand this business into global markets at a steady pace so that eventually we will entertain hundreds of millions of people all around the world. We are aiming to make this one of the pillars of Nintendo’s revenue structure.”

Smartphones games aren’t the only thing DeNA and Nintendo are collaborating on, though. DeNA is also building Nintendo’s new customer loyalty program, which will make use of a single Nintendo ID that can be used on PCs, smart devices, and Nintendo devices to access “various services including the ones based on their past purchases and gameplay records as well as services that will be an improved version of the current loyalty program”.

Iwata also stressed that the company’s dedication to dedicated games devices has not waned, and that Nintendo hope to use smartphones to increase the exposure of their I.P. and draw new audiences to dedicated game devices.

Presentation slides courtesy Nintendo.

Read more stories about Android & DeNA & iPhone & Nintendo on Siliconera
source: Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 05-08-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #30
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Literally just posted that news...

Quote:
Old 05-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #31
zenith16
Side-Kick

Switched it out with the one from the night before

Last edited by zenith16; 05-08-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #32
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

That'a boy.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #33
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nintendo’s Smartphone Games Will Aim “Wide And Small” For Monetization. May 18, 2015 . 12:29pm

“The basis of our strategy will be how we can receive a small amount of money from a wide range of consumers,” says Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.
Quote:

Nintendo and DeNA are teaming up to produce smartphone games based on Nintendo properties, and Nintendo president Satoru Iwata says that these games will not attempt to ape other titles that already exist in the market.

Speaking with investors and analysts at a financial results briefing, Iwata stated: “I think many of you here already understand that while it was simple for many to earn revenue in the beginning just from creating a smart device application, the situation has been rapidly changing and now, with intense competition, generating revenue on smart devices is no longer easy. I don’t think we can realize what we aspire to by simply imitating a past success formula.”

This, Iwata says, will extend to monetization features implemented in Nintendo’s smartphone games as well. Since Nintendo intend to create smartphone titles that can be successful all over the world instead of just one region, the company is aiming to come up with its own methods that it will employ in the smartphone space.

“My understanding of how to succeed in the Japanese market now is to find a limited number of generous consumers who are willing to spend a lot and analyze what encourages them to spend,” Iwata said. “However, if we did that, I don’t think that we would be able to entertain hundreds of millions of consumers all around the world or to produce large and long-lasting achievements.”

Therefore, instead of relying on a small number of whales, Iwata says that the goal is to amass small payments from a large number of people. The company is also being conscious of that fact that parents need to feel comfortable with their children playing Nintendo games on smart devices, in terms of the amount of money being spent.

Says Iwata: “A key term should be ‘wide and small’ rather than ‘narrow and large.’ The basis of our strategy will be how we can receive a small amount of money from a wide range of consumers. However, as people in general recognize that the narrow-and-large method has been outperforming the others, we are investigating where to change in order to surpass existing hurdles. We have had various discussions internally, I have challenged the developers with this issue and they have had many active discussions on the topic.”

“We already have some specific ideas and will announce them in due course. Above all, as Nintendo is a family brand, we do not intend on changing the situation where parents and guardians can give Nintendo products to their children with peace of mind. In that sense, we want to pay very close attention to how we receive money.”

Nintendo previously announced that they would release approximately five smartphone titles by March 2017.

Read more stories about Android & iPhone & Nintendo on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 05-18-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #34
zenith16
Side-Kick

source: GI

Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #35
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

I don't think anyone here really cares about Nintendo's mobile stuff, but it was just announced at their investor meeting that their mobile output has been delayed until March 2016, and the first game will be Miitomo and will involve Miis, though it's not entirely clear what the game actually is yet genre-wise.

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...ame-live-blog/

Quote:
Old 10-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #36
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

Not surprised it got delayed. They need to focus on their lackluster holiday releases.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:37 AM   #37
zenith16
Side-Kick

Here's further news

Nintendo Reveals Their First Smartphone App Miitomo, And Nintendo Account Service. October 28, 2015 . 10:15pm

Nintendo introduces their first smartphone app called Miitomo that will give you a different way to stay in touch with friends,

in addition to information on the new Nintendo Account service.

Quote:

Nintendo announced today their first smartphone application called Miitomo, along with the new “Nintendo Account” service, revealed in their latest briefing for investors.
Here are details from Nintendo’s IR Information. Since it’s pretty long, it’s broken into several parts to highlight the key details:

New Account System:

We are planning to introduce a new account system that connects all of these Nintendo experiences beyond platforms and operate a new membership service globally.

It is generally said for any account system that more than half of people registering accounts quit halfway through the process. Every one of you must share the same experience of not being able to recall your account name or password when trying to log in.
Accordingly, we have focused on making the new account easy to create or easy to sign up as well as easy to use, namely, it is harder for members to forget about it. Specifically, for our new account, you can log in with your Facebook, Google or Twitter account. Alternatively, you can log in with a combination of your email address and your password. Of course, you can continue using your Nintendo Network ID as well.

The name of this new account system is “Nintendo Account.”
With Nintendo Account as the basis, we will provide new membership services.
Today, let me introduce you to a part of the service.

Firstly, on

Nintendo’s official website, you will be able to purchase digital download software for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
When you find an interesting title after seeing articles or videos introducing new games through your PC or smart device, you can buy it on the spot, and the purchased software will be automatically downloaded to your Wii U or Nintendo 3DS

Also, in accordance with each member’s profile, purchase records and play records, we will send notices and gifts.
For example, an Animal Crossing character called Isabel may send some information or a present to those who are playing with that game, Mario Kart players may receive a notice about add-on content and we may also send a message that enables the recipient to purchase some software at an attractive price point on his or her birthday.

New Point Program:

We will start a new point program as well, which not only involves Nintendo’s dedicated game systems but also smart devices.
With the Club Nintendo membership service that was ended on September 30, 2015, you earned points when you purchased software. With this new point program, you can earn points by playing games as well.

Whether you have played the software for dedicated game systems or our applications for smart devices, you can earn points that can then be used on our dedicated game systems or on smart devices.

Naturally, you can also earn points by purchasing software.
With the new points, you can obtain digital add-on content, which will make the game you are playing even more fun, original merchandise or a coupon, which can be used as a discount for new software.

In terms of creating connections among the members, members can make friends with those who enjoy playing games together by establishing “Friend” relationships.
As we place importance on the security of our consumers, a Friend relationship can be established only between two people who know each other and have consented to the relationship. This Friend relationship can be used for software for dedicated game systems and for our smart device applications.

If I can discuss our plans for the future, the service will eventually allow game save data, such as character data, to be stored in our cloud system so that you can use them both for the software for dedicated game systems and for our smart device applications.

My Nintendo:

The name of our new membership service is “My Nintendo.”
My Nintendo will work as a bridge between dedicated game systems and smart devices.

Now, I would like to introduce you to a free-to-start type communication application for smart devices, namely, our smart device application, which can be started for free and will push forward the My Nintendo membership service.

Last edited by zenith16; 10-29-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:38 AM   #38
zenith16
Side-Kick

Al most done

Quote:
Miitomo:

The main character of Miitomo is you. First, you create your own Mii.
The Mii asks you a variety of questions and communicates your answers with your Friends’ Mii.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:39 AM   #39
zenith16
Side-Kick

Done

Quote:

The people you will be able to communicate with are limited to your friends whom you have registered as Friends. We are designing this communication application to enable Friends to share information comfortably and securely.

In this way, instead of the users proactively sending their own messages, Miitomo has a unique characteristic that can be called “friendly communication starters” as your Mii will automatically dispatch the answers you gave to certain questions to your friends.

These “friendly communication starters” have an advantage that even the people who are less willing to send messages can easily participate. Another unique characteristic of Miitomo is that you may be able to find out unknown aspects about your friends or unexpected commonalities you share with your friend because Miitomo may pick up the topics that you usually do not discuss but would be willing to answer if asked.
What we would like to realize is, through such communication, you will be able to deepen friendly relationships and have more people with whom you can play games.
Both My Nintendo and Miitomo will be available in March 2016.

For reference, more than 200 million Mii characters have been created on our platforms, which means that many people around the world understand the appeal of Mii.

Read more stories about Android & iPhone & Miitomo & Nintendo on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

Old 10-29-2015, 01:48 AM   #40
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

So it's Tomodatchi Life for your smart phone?

Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 AM   #41
zenith16
Side-Kick

Very likely I'm expecting some pokemon games as well but I'll wait fort hem to fully announce what games.

Last edited by zenith16; 10-29-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #42
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

They already have some Pokemon games on mobile. The way The Pokemon Company functions is a little different than Nintendo proper.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #43
Havok83
Side-Kick

Screw that. Im waiting on Warioware. That just makes too much sense. That series was my favorite when I owned a GBC

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #44
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

It was never on GBC, it started on GBA. I'd rather have it on a traditional handheld, but I would take a mobile version, too.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #45
Havok83
Side-Kick

Thats right. I must have been using my sister's GBA to play that as I only had the GBC

Does Nintendo not make them anymore?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #46
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

They haven't made a proper one in awhile. There was Game & Wario on the Wii U, and it was in a similar vein but not exactly like the previous Wariowares outside one brief section.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #47
Matt Mortem
Moof Milker

The 3DS is begging for a new Warioware. Surprised we haven't seen one on that platform.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:49 AM   #48
zenith16
Side-Kick

Got this via face book from game spot. If you head to the article hit fallow link it'll lead to game spot it's self.

GameSpot

December 11 at 6:21pm ·

Nintendo isn't simply porting its games to smartphones, they want to leverage what mobile does best.

Nintendo Smartphone Games May "Feel Different," New Loyalty Program Teased
"Doing things differently isn't something we shy away from."
L.GAMESPOT.COM

Old 03-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #49
zenith16
Side-Kick

this is the appropriate thread to put this.

Smartphone
Miitomo app launches March 17

Published 17 mins ago. 1 comment.
Quote:
Nintendo's first smartphone application.

Nintendo will release Miitomo, its smartphone application that uses Mii characters to develop unexpected relationships via “friendly communication starters,” will launch on the iOS App Store and Android Google Play marketplace on March 17, the company announced.

The application will be free to download. Read more here and here.

Read More

source: Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 03-10-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #50
zenith16
Side-Kick

Miitomo's launched in japan according to the run down below from EPN.TV . waiting for details on when western launch.

446 views7 hours ago

EP Daily Rundown for March 17, 2016
In another fine edition of the Rundown brought to you from GDC 2016,
Victor runs through the winners of last night's Game Developers Choice Awards,
has the latest on Nintendo's first mobile game Miitomo and their new My Nintendo rewards

source:EPN.tv