The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #26
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Default Re: Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Do you honestly think "that's the way it's always been" is a good enough reason not to change? Ya that line of thinking doesn't get messy really fast.

I'm a fan of the gender swap, though hopefully the girl option doesn't look like Linkle and hopefully that's not her default name. "Link" being gender specific doesn't make sense. It would be cool if there was a degree of customization on top of the green tunic.

Voice acting could be cool.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #27
Soapy
Side-Kick

My god Benstamania. Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that a male character remaining a male after thirty years of being a male would somehow make sense?? I mean COME ON! It's 2016 already! Get with the program you ****lord! Ugh. I CAN'T EVEN. I'm literally shaking.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #28
zenith16
Side-Kick

the way I see it. There's always room for both and it'll be no different then how we play commander Shepard in the mass effect games. only i go so far to make it links sibling even though I still rather the name Linka ( from captain planet) over linkle name but that's just me .

That said I feel that would be he best chose to go. I'd also be for zelda to be in on the action like the cartoon series did but in the main series of games format as well.

I'll say it again there's room for things. there's always room . I'd go with both. I don't like there's only one way thing's should ever be down / ether / or situations. this should be an evolving thing game play and idea wise.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #29
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
My god Benstamania. Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that a male character remaining a male after thirty years of being a male would somehow make sense?? I mean COME ON! It's 2016 already! Get with the program you ****lord! Ugh. I CAN'T EVEN. I'm literally shaking.
chill bruh

Old 04-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #30
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Do you honestly think "that's the way it's always been" is a good enough reason not to change? Ya that line of thinking doesn't get messy really fast.

I'm a fan of the gender swap, though hopefully the girl option doesn't look like Linkle and hopefully that's not her default name. "Link" being gender specific doesn't make sense. It would be cool if there was a degree of customization on top of the green tunic.

Voice acting could be cool.
After Skyward Sword it most certainly does. All the Links are reincarnations of the original, just like Zelda.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #31
X Knight
Hope

tbh, if you can choose to play as a female character, I'd rather play as Zelda instead of Linkette or female Link or whatever.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:31 AM   #32
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
After Skyward Sword it most certainly does. All the Links are reincarnations of the original, just like Zelda.
While I don't see a reason why reincarnation can't gender swap, I was referring more to the Link/Linkle differentiation. Just make Link a girl instead of creating a derivative (with a crappy design).
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
tbh, if you can choose to play as a female character, I'd rather play as Zelda instead of Linkette or female Link or whatever.
I've always wanted to play as Zelda (my main in smash bros).

Old 04-10-2016, 12:58 AM   #33
Soapy
Side-Kick

She was my main in Melee, although I played almost entirely in Sheik mode. Since then I've always wanted a Zelda game where you play as her, and they integrate the Sheik transformation into it somehow.

Sheik was also my favorite character in Hyrule Warriors. Come to think of it, almost all my favorite characters in that game were females. Sheik, Lana, Zelda, Link, Impa, pretty much in that order was who I liked to play with.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:22 AM   #34
DarthSkywalker

They get creative with the female characters and their move sets. Link is just the same old Link.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #35
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
While I don't see a reason why reincarnation can't gender swap, I was referring more to the Link/Linkle differentiation. Just make Link a girl instead of creating a derivative (with a crappy design).
Because, as he said, they're basically direct copies of one another from incarnation to incarnation. So, lorewise, there is actually an explanation for why Link is always male. But, I mean, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, the lore and story of Zelda is not really that deep and concise.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #36
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Because, as he said, they're basically direct copies of one another from incarnation to incarnation. So, lorewise, there is actually an explanation for why Link is always male. But, I mean, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, the lore and story of Zelda is not really that deep and concise.
They "spirit of the hero" could be reincarnated inside of a woman. Like you said, the rules are loose.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 PM   #37
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Pretty sure it's said their direct copies, and not that vague, but it's been awhile.

Not that I think it matters myself if they break that, like I said, but if you want to get into it and all, there is precedent for why Link is male and Zelda female during each incarnation.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #38
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Demise says:
Quote:
Though this is not the end. My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again!

Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse.

An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!
Which is pretty vague, unless you're thinking about something else.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:23 AM   #39
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I thought there was a line said at some point about how they would be the same person time after time or something akin to that. But it's been awhile, though, so I could very well be getting it mixed up with something else.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2016, 07:24 PM   #40
DarthSkywalker

Just a coincidence that they made a game that establishes the cycle, and Link looks just like Link every time. Same for Zelda.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #41
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Zelda is the goddess Hylia's human incarnation. Link is the reincarnation of her chosen hero. The Link and Zelda in SS were the first incarnations in the timeline, both assigned to do the bidding of Hylia and destroy Demise once and for all... though Demise promised his evilness and hatred would manifest over the years in a human form, just as Hylia's human form was Zelda... enter Ganon.

These characters share the spirits of their ancestors, but not the memories. They are effectively, the same people over and over again - they're just not aware of it, as the years pass and the history becomes lost, Link was to never know he was originally the goddess's knight, Zelda was to never know she was a human incarnation of the goddess and Ganon was to never know he descended from TLOZ's version of the devil...

That's what I got

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 04-11-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #42
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Nothing about the reincarnation precludes a gender swap. A girl could contain the spirit of the hero. No one said that all Links are the exact genetic replica of SS's Link. Sure, all the other Links look more or less like SS, but times change.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #43
terry78
I don't die, fool

The Zelda timeline actually makes me angry with how convoluted it is. I know it all makes sense if you go by the fractured timelines and what not, but man.....

Old 04-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #44
WolfCypher

There's always the Hyrule Historia. But 20 years from now, the Historia we have will be useless as they continue to add more eras and more timelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm
GodDAMN these electric sex pants.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #45
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

It's a pretty book tho

Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #46
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Just a coincidence that they made a game that establishes the cycle, and Link looks just like Link every time. Same for Zelda.
The greatest of all coincidences.

Really, I'm not opposed to it, but it does reek of one those changes for the sake of change things to change Link to a girl randomly, even as an option. I mean, it's like it doesn't take anything away, but it doesn't add anything either. It's just a thing there for fanart and cosplay I guess.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #47
Frankeh
Side-Kick

This is pretty damn great. It's how the new Zelda which is taking forever to come out should look like IMO.

But, that Gerudo Valley remix is a crime.

Last edited by Frankeh; 04-22-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #48
Soapy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankeh View Post

This is pretty damn great. It's how the new Zelda which is taking forever to come out should look like IMO.

But, that Gerudo Valley remix is a crime.
I think the new Zelda looks just fine as is. Better than fine, it looks great.

Also, when posting YouTube videos, you don't need to put the entire URL, just the part after "v=".

Old 04-22-2016, 10:55 PM   #49
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I think the new Zelda looks just fine as is. Better than fine, it looks great.

Also, when posting YouTube videos, you don't need to put the entire URL, just the part after "v=".
Thanks for letting me know, I fixed it.

FWIW I don't think the new Zelda looks bad or mediocre. And we've also seen very little. I just preferred the design in that video.

Last edited by Frankeh; 04-22-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #50
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

All of these Unreal Zelda remake videos look so sterile and devoid of style to me.

Quote:
Closed Thread