Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #51
Soapy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
All of these Unreal Zelda remake videos look so sterile and devoid of style to me.
That's not really a problem with the tech, but rather the unimaginative people making these things. For example, all these are Unreal 4 games as well:

Old 04-25-2016, 06:56 PM   #52
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I do realize that, but I was just specifying Unreal remakes since most of those things are being done in Unreal.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #53
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Yeah.
Zelda has its own unique style that can't be replicated or replaced.

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-27-2016, 03:25 AM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick

Wii U, NX
New The Legend of Zelda coming to NX and Wii U, delayed to 2017

Published 56 mins ago. 49 comments.

Quote:
Both versions planned for simultaneous release.

Nintendo’s new The Legend of Zelda game previously announced for Wii U will also ship for its new platform, code-named NX, the company announced. Both are planned for a simultaneous release in 2017.

The company also shared new artwork from the game, pictured above.

The Legend of Zelda was previously scheduled for a Wii U-only release in 2016. Nintendo cites “further quality improvements” for the delay.

NX is due out for a global release in March 2017.

The new The Legend of Zelda will be the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3 in Los Angeles in June.

The Wii U version will be the only playable game Nintendo brings to the show floor.

Read More

NX, Wii U, Delays, Nintendo, Release Dates, The Legend of Zelda Wii U

source: Gematsu

Old 04-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #55
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Damnit.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:32 AM   #56
terry78
I don't die, fool

And no NX till next year. My curiosity is piqued.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #57
Travesty
Side-Kick

Old 04-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #58
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 04-27-2016, 11:26 AM   #59
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Not surprised by the delay. Mad as hell at the delay, but not surprised. Also surprised at the news that this will be the only playable game at E3 this year for Nintendo. I don't know what they're thinking anymore.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #60
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Not surprised by the delay. Mad as hell at the delay, but not surprised. Also surprised at the news that this will be the only playable game at E3 this year for Nintendo. I don't know what they're thinking anymore.
It's ok.....we're getting Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #61
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
It's ok.....we're getting Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #62
Travesty
Side-Kick

Old 04-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #63
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

How man freaking times can they delay this game?

Old 04-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #64
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Delay sucks, what the hell. Just launch it in 2016 for the Wii U, and then do the upgraded version for NX in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I read that as the Wii U version will be the only playable version of Zelda, as in no NX version. Not the only playable game, period. That's how I read it anyway.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #65
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

This makes the Wii U the only Nintendo console to not have a Zelda game unique to it.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #66
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
This makes the Wii U the only Nintendo console to not have a Zelda game unique to it.
Yep, it's a shame, but it is what it is. But it did get a lot of Zelda love with HD remasters of WW and TP, too, so I can't complain a lot.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #67
Soapy
Side-Kick

And Hyrule Warriors.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #68
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
And Hyrule Warriors.
Yep, forgot about that. Plus all the Zelda games on VC as well. Wii U was quite a Zelda machine once I think about it.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2016, 12:47 PM   #69
Soapy
Side-Kick

It's a really odd situation that Zelda is going to be Nintendo's sole focus at E3 when it's not even coming out this year.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #70
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I think they're moving to phase out traditional, "core" trade shows honestly. I think within one or two years they won't even be at E3 anymore.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #71
Soapy
Side-Kick

I don't know why they would need to phase it out. Like, just stop going. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #72
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

They probably want to remain a presence there for now since they are still, to some degree, aiming at the core audience of gaming, even if that aim is diminishing slowly. Zelda is probably their most core friendly game, outside maybe Metroid (and who knows what's up with that), so it makes sense.

I think they'll probably eventually drop trade shows and do a once or twice a year event in the vein of Spaceworld while maybe keeping a small presence at GDC. Just speculating, of course, but I think Nintendo is prepping slowly for their exit from the mainstream console market.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #73
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

They said Zelda is the only playable game on the E3 floor, but I'm still keeping fingers crossed for a few holiday announcements. They can't possibly only have Paper Mario and Pokemon lined up for the Fall/Holiday release windows.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #74
zenith16
Side-Kick

Wii U
Nintendo details E3 2016 plans

Published 5 hours ago. 98 comments.
Quote:
It's all about The Legend of Zelda.

Nintendo has detailed its plans for E3 2016. And it’s all about The Legend of Zelda.

A day-long live stream of The Legend of Zelda, which starts at 9 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 14, seems to have replaced Nintendo’s usual Digital Event, which is usually held during the same time slot.

Get the full rundown below.
Nintendo Treehouse: Live
Nintendo’s kickoff to E3 2016 begins at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. PT on Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces “Nintendo Treehouse: Live,” which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay from The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. This will be available on Twitch, YouTube, and at Nintendo’s E3 website.
E3 Booth
The newest game in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be playable on Wii U for the first time ever at the expo. It will be the only playable game in Nintendo’s booth via extended demos.
Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has said that this new installment in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be a clean break from the conventions of previous games, removing boundaries that forced players to follow a set path and introducing new gameplay that has not been experienced in previous games in the series.
Win a Trip to E3
One lucky fan and a companion will be flown to Los Angeles to enjoy The Legend of Zelda person and be among the first to play the game on the show floor.
Between now and May 10, Nintendo is offering a sweepstakes on Twitter for a chance to win a trip for two to E3 to play the game. Anyone who tweets @NintendoAmerica a note about what The Legend of Zelda series means to them while using the hashtags #MyZeldaLegend and #NintendoSweepstakes will be entered for a chance to win.
Fans can share messages about their favorite games, characters or memories of the franchise. Nintendo will select a winner at random. The prize package includes airfare for two, a hotel stay, tickets to E3, a $500 prepaid VISA debit card. For all the details about the sweepstakes, visit Nintendo’s E3 website.

Read More

Wii U, E3 2016, Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda Wii U

source: Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 05-05-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #75
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

So there's no E3 Direct or anything. It's just literally Zelda for the show and nothing else. Yeah, Nintendo won't be at E3 next year, I'm willing to bet.

Quote:
Closed Thread