The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Legion

Old 03-09-2017, 11:45 PM   #51
CapLover
Side-Kick

Default Re: Chapter 5 - discussixn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bats123 View Post
Never in my life, i ever thought i'd be scared of Rainbow Connection.
I got creeped out about that too.

David is starting to realize what is happening, although not - I think - fast enough to save himself without help.

After watching this for the 2nd time, I noticed that he's nervously singing the tune while using his eyes to direct Syd toward the red room with the dog. That's why she goes over there and slowly closes it.

However, it seems to have almost total control of him most of the time, especially when his emotions are on overload.

CapLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:32 AM   #52
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

I know I was a bit harsh on episode 4, but really liked this episode again. David is adopted, Shadow King all but confirmed... The inhibitor is one of the things where I expected them to use those X-Men props they flew in. I'm still curious where we'll see those pop up. Probaby the final episode though. Speaking of which... this episode kinda felt like the second to last episode of the season to me. Really happy we still have three to go though.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #53
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

I am kind of amused that they have an episode with Dan Stevens singing right before Beauty and the Beast comes out.

Darkness rises and light to meet it.
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #54
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystoneheart View Post
I knew something would go wrong after how confident he was at the beginning of the episode. Dan Stevens is really wonderful in this role, he has so much range.

I think this show tends to get a bit up its own ass with the visuals, the hand held camera movements, the silence. It felt extra gimmicky.
I felt that way during the Rainbow Connection scene but the house segment was absolutely incredible. Scariest thing I've seen in a long time.

ETA: Why did they leave Kissinger at D3? It seemed needlessly cruel given that he wasn't particularly evil from what I recall.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #55
Pokkle
Side-Kick

The show is incredible, I love it.
The scary/horror ambiance is amazing.
We could see something was wrong since the start of the episode with how sure of himself, david was.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #56
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Jesus. With this and Logan, the XEU (is that even a thing?) is just about the best on screen comic universe right now. Brilliant episode. I really hope they start to make connexions to the other x-men now. Not overtly - I don't particularly feel it's necessary for PatStew to turn up or anything, but I'd love them to start expanding David's universe to at least acknowledge some of his x-contemporaries - even of it's done in an oblique way. Cant wait for next week. This astral plane/other reality stuff is getting into inception territory, which is fine with me. Dan Stevens is the man. Another Brit killing it as a comic character

Old 03-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #57
CapLover
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
Jesus. With this and Logan, the XEU (is that even a thing?) is just about the best on screen comic universe right now. Brilliant episode. I really hope they start to make connexions to the other x-men now. Not overtly - I don't particularly feel it's necessary for PatStew to turn up or anything, but I'd love them to start expanding David's universe to at least acknowledge some of his x-contemporaries - even of it's done in an oblique way. Cant wait for next week. This astral plane/other reality stuff is getting into inception territory, which is fine with me. Dan Stevens is the man. Another Brit killing it as a comic character
Based on the time frame (1970s), it's more likely that James McAvoy will show up!

Probably heavily dosed and walking, but if he is high on Beast's formula then he and David will have something in common!

Old 03-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #58
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
I felt that way during the Rainbow Connection scene but the house segment was absolutely incredible. Scariest thing I've seen in a long time.

ETA: Why did they leave Kissinger at D3? It seemed needlessly cruel given that he wasn't particularly evil from what I recall.
Agreed on the house segment, and as for Kissinger..........huh. That's a good question. Especially given that David left him there and I'd wager that if Ptonomy and Syd looked around, they'd have found a way to rescue him. Though then they'd probably wonder what to do with him.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #59
TheRedWraith
Ex-DCEU Fan

I was actually getting a pretty ominous vibe from him as he was talking so I can't blame them for not letting him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:20 AM   #60
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapLover View Post
Based on the time frame (1970s), it's more likely that James McAvoy will show up!

Probably heavily dosed and walking, but if he is high on Beast's formula then he and David will have something in common!
Do we know what the actual timeframe is yet? It seems deliberately vague, having lots of anachroistic stuff in it.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #61
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Also I thought this shot was amazing. Aubrey Plaza continues to nail every scene she's in.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #62
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I was confused by the final scene. But watching this and comparing it to Aos and the Marvel Netflix shows, it is almost like art.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #63
CapLover
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStrangefolk View Post
Do we know what the actual timeframe is yet? It seems deliberately vague, having lots of anachroistic stuff in it.
Melanie stated in a prior episode that her husband bought Summerland in the 40's and if he's been in a coma for 30 years...

Old 03-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #64
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Holy crap, what an episode this was! Shadow King is surely confirmed now? Childhood dog named King was a pretty damn good way to tie it together. And holy **** Aubrey Plaza was spooky in this episode, great stuff by all of the cast and man those final scenes and that ending!

Also, Rachel Kellers ass is amazing!

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #65
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Can any X-men comic readers recommend a good Legion book to read? Interested in learning a bit more about the source material. Am familiar with the core X-men, no so much with the less well known ones.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #66
JP
Smelly

Aubrey Plaza sure is giving a PERFORMANCE.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #67
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Can any X-men comic readers recommend a good Legion book to read? Interested in learning a bit more about the source material. Am familiar with the core X-men, no so much with the less well known ones.
X-Men Legacy.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #68
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Agreed on the house segment, and as for Kissinger..........huh. That's a good question. Especially given that David left him there and I'd wager that if Ptonomy and Syd looked around, they'd have found a way to rescue him. Though then they'd probably wonder what to do with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWraith View Post
I was actually getting a pretty ominous vibe from him as he was talking so I can't blame them for not letting him out.
Someone on another forum suggested that the Kissinger we saw wasn't really Kissinger, he was the Eye masquerading as him, perhaps hoping the team would take him to David. That would explain why he gave off such a creepy vibe.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:22 AM   #69
flash13
Wally West

What a fantastic episode! I hope we get season 2 and Patrick Stewart guest stars.

The New Mutants, April 13
Solo: A Star Wars Story, May 25
X-Men: Dark Phoenix, November 2
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald, November 16
Aquaman, December 21

Glass, January 18
Shazam!, April 5
Aladdin, May 24
Toy Story 4, June 21
Wonder Woman 2, November 1
Star Wars: Episode IX, December 20
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #70
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
Also I thought this shot was amazing. Aubrey Plaza continues to nail every scene she's in.
She's been killing it. Friggin' spooky performance. Almost Joker-esque.

round to the same place again.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #71
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

What a terrifying episode.

Really tragic and disturbing too, regarding Syd's relationship with David.

But still hilarious at times.

I love this show.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #72
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jack View Post
She's been killing it. Friggin' spooky performance. Almost Joker-esque.
Agreed. I think once all is said and done, she will rank very high on my list of performances as a comic book villain.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #73
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
New Mutants #25-28 by Chris Claremont drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #74
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapLover View Post
Melanie stated in a prior episode that her husband bought Summerland in the 40's and if he's been in a coma for 30 years...
Oliver also mentioned "free love" insinuating that he was not in a coma for at least some of the 60s.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #75
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Time frame seems to be the early to mid 80s.