The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America Sequels

Old 12-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
Side-Kick

Default Crossbones

Anyone else think he was wasted in civil war?

Possibly one of my only conplaints with civil war was how quickly one of caps most feared enemies got canned off.

He looked great as well and frank grillo was excellentin the winter soldier, I think with one eye on further installements it could of been someone else that got killed off and he could of been the villain in future cap films.

Shame.

Last edited by 007; 12-07-2017 at 06:25 PM.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Crossbones

He was great in CW and it was a shame he was killed off rather than just knocked out or imprisoned or something.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

Possibly one of my only conplaints with civil war was how quickly one of caps most feared enemies got canned off.

He looked great as well and frank grillo was excellentin the winter soldier, I think with one eye on further installements it could of been someone else that got killed off and he could of been the villain in future cap films.

Shame.
I kinda wish we got 2/3 more minutes of him in the film but I was content with him dying.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:56 AM   #4
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Crossbones looked like he could be a villain of the week on Arrow.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:

Shame.
After seeing the weak back story that CW gave Zemo, I'm convinced that Crossbones should have been the one behind framing Bucky for the Vienna bombing. That storyline really didn't need to be so convoluted. It should have been simply been Rumlow's back-up plan after another knuckle-to-knuckle defeat at the hands of Cap.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
seriesofdreams
Side-Kick

With this iteration of Cap, I don't have issues with his demise in Civil War. Red Skull needed to be more fleshed out as well they did very well with Zola and Batroc (who was adapted and translated as well as could have been). We only have so much time with Evans as Captain America that we can't have fully realized arcs with his rogues gallery.

Red Skull. Check. Amin Zola. Check. Crossbones. Check. HYDRA. Check. Baron Strucker. Check.

They still could've used Bruhl in CW but had him play the same character but with a different name if they weren't going to do Baron Zemo justice. The character's motivations were there and he set out what he planned to do. The conflict between the characters in Civil War is multi-faceted and comes down to ideological differences (exacerbated by the awesome swerve with Winter Solider and Stark).

With Evans' hanging up the shield. I feel content that his universe has been realized. Nothing is perfect.

seriesofdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #7
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:

Shame.
Agreed. I loved Civil War but was pretty p!ssed that Grillo/Crossbones went out so quickly.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
Agreed. I loved Civil War but was pretty p!ssed that Grillo/Crossbones went out so quickly.
how long would you have kept him in the film for?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #9
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
how long would you have kept him in the film for?
I'm not necessarily saying that the existing CW plotline could have had him around for much longer than it did given the way they decided to use him. But I'd have been happy if someone else had been used in place of him and that Crossbones had been kept for a stronger showing maybe even in another film. For me it was a waste of both Grillo and Crossbones.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
I'm not necessarily saying that the existing CW plotline could have had him around for much longer than it did given the way they decided to use him. But I'd have been happy if someone else had been used in place of him and that Crossbones had been kept for a stronger showing maybe even in another film. For me it was a waste of both Grillo and Crossbones.
agree with this.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote