zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

Switch
D3 Publisher announces Switch downloadable titles lineup
Published 3 hours ago. 9 comments.

Quote:
Tennis, The Men of Yoshiwara, and more.

D3 Publisher has announced a lineup of downloadable titles for Switch, which are all planned for release in both English and Japanese.
Get the full lineup below.
Tennis
  • Japanese Release Date / Price: January 25 / 800 yen
  • Note: Japanese release supports English and Japanese languages

A tennis game that can be picked up and played by anyone. Enjoy the game by yourself, or play against family and friends. With 8 characters and 6 courts available, feel the excitement that tennis brings. The game can be played not only with the Pro Controller, but also by swing the Joy-Con or touch the screen.

The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya

The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya is a popular romance game for women. At the end, to whom is it that you will be talking of love?

Escape Trick: 35 Fateful Enigmas

“The Father Who Vanished” & “Waking Up Imprisoned.” What connecting truth lies under the mysteries of both stories? Play and find out!

Billiard

A 3D pool billiards game that uses the Joy-Con’s brand new capabilities to make it feel like you’re holding a real cue. Includes the 3 most popular billiard games and one original game. 9 Ball, 8 Ball, Rotation, and Basic Game for a total of four game modes. Complete with the ability to play head to head on a single Nintendo Switch.

The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya

The Men of Yoshiwara: Ohgiya is a popular romance game in Japan aimed at a female audience. Step into the pleasure district of Yoshiwara with the roles of male and female reversed and enjoy a heart-rending love story.

source:
Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #127
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Essentially it's $60 for the game and $10 for the cardboard kits. The robot one is $20 cause well it looks like it's the most complex to assemble. I can definitely see this doing great with kids and parents.
Yeah, but these games are just shovelware. If this were a proper $60 game, maybe I can see the enthusiasm, but the games look like they’re worth $30 at the most(and that’s me being generous).

I don’t know why so many people think this is amazing? It’s just expensive cardboard, bundled with lame ass shovelware. Whatever....

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #128
Sithborg
About time Filoni

Well, the technical aspects is pretty amazing. Which also leads me to say that the software is a tad more than shovelware, because there is a lot of usage of the tech inside the joycons. And really, they charged $60 for 1-2-Switch, so this isn't too surprising.

And really, if I was a kid, this would be amazing. And the potential going forward is pretty amazing. No, it isn't for the hardcore gamer (we are getting Bayo 3, hail satan), but it expands the Switch in a direction that is great. It's cheap VR for kids.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #129
Travesty
TEOL

Yeah, and everyone said 1-2 Switch was overpriced, and should have been bundled with the system for free.

I dunno, this just reminds me of all the Wii peripherals, and the shovelware games that went with them. But unlike most of those that were made out of plastic, these are cardboard, lol.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #130
Sithborg
About time Filoni

I don't know, this reminds me more of those kids stem building kits than it does Wii era games. I mean, you can still get the software separately and use your own cardboard.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #131
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

It looks like the robot kit is number one best selling item on Amazon.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #132
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
It looks like the robot kit is number one best selling item on Amazon.
Well, it's Nintendo, so I'm sure the scalpers are going to round up as much of the physical products as possible, and sell it back to the collectors for 10x what they're worth. If the cardboard says "Nintendo" on it, collectors are going to want it.

The scalpers even bought up all the Nintendo cereal, and sold it for a high price. Cereal.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #133
geetard
Rebirth

Targeting a younger and more casual Arduino/DIY/hardware hacking crowd, I see. Anything to encourage young kids to go into STEM fields is a always a positive thing in my books. Good job, Nintendo.

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:55 AM   #134
zenith16
Side-Kick

No 4K or VR for Switch - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.7K views2 days ago Publishe on 01/16/2018

Today in the Rundown, we have bad news for anyone hoping for a 4K or VR capable version of the Nintendo Switch. We also find out how The Last Jedi is getting more immersive,

Also with

Nintendo Labo Unveiled! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.4K views15 hours ago Published on 01/18/2018

Today in the Rundown, we delve into Nintendo's new cardboard experience Labo for the Switch! We also have some incredible rumours about a pair of new Lego games,
get villainous with a new Suicide Squad animated movie, and finally, have great news for people who hate having movies spoiled on social media!

Lastly

3DS, Switch
Switch sold 1.5 million units in December 2017 in the U.S., 3DS sold 750,000
Published 17 hours ago. 77 comments.
Quote:
Various Switch titles also finished high on the chart of most sold.

Switch sold more units than in December than any other video game system in the United States, according to video game sales tracker NPD Group, Nintendo announced. A total of 1.5 million Switch systems were sold during the five-week period of December.

Since its launch on March 3, 2016, more than 4.8 million Switch units were sold, making it the fastest-selling home console in United States history.

3DS hardware sold more than 750,000 units in the United States in December, which is a 27 percent increase over the same period in 2016. Total sales of 3DS hardware in the United States have now exceeded 21 million.

Various Switch titles were high on the chart of most sold in December, including Super Mario Odyssey at number three, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at number four, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at number nine, and Splatoon 2 at number 16. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon for 3DS also finished at numbers 13 and 14, respectively.

source:
EPN.tv &Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 01-19-2018 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #135
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh lordt that means Microsoft and Sony are going to have their own versions of cardboard at the next e3

Old 01-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #136
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I think Sony has a better chance at mimicking this with PlayStation Move controllers in place of Joycons and Styrofoam.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #137
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Oh lordt that means Microsoft and Sony are going to have their own versions of cardboard at the next e3
Like that time Sony copied the wiimote, but with a ball on it?

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #138
Travesty
TEOL

People keep telling me to get SteamWorldDig 2. I played the first one on 3DS. I thought it was good, but pretty short.

Has anyone played the second? Is it longer than the first? I'm thinking about it, but I may just wait for it to go on sale. If it's as short as the first, $20 seems a bit too high. I think I bought the first one for $3-$4.

Edit: nevermind, I just got Stardew Valley instead. I'll look out for a sale on Steam World Dig 2 in the future.

Last edited by Travesty; 01-19-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #139
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I haven't beaten SWD2, but I did buy it and am playing it and it's pretty fun. It can get a little monotonous if I play for too long, but overall it's a good time.

I just got The Mummy Demastered and I'm really, really enjoying it. It's a great game.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:19 AM   #140
Travesty
TEOL

Yeah, I heard that was like Super Metroid.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #141
X Knight
Fists of Justice

finally picked up Mario Odyssey.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:09 AM   #142
zenith16
Side-Kick

More recently

NEWS Soon You'll Be Able To Give Your Switch A Whopping 512GB Of Extra Storage
Take that, SanDisk! Read more

source: Nintendolife.com/

Last edited by zenith16; 01-24-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #143
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Atari to make Rollercoaster Tycoon Switch, but Wants Your Money First...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/at.../1100-6456325/

Quote:
Atari wants to bring RollerCoaster Tycoon to the Nintendo Switch, but the way the company is going about it is strange and already leaving some feeling dubious. The company launched a campaign on the equity crowdfunding site StartEngine, which, unlike Kickstarter, allows backers to invest and get a share of the profits in return.
The minimum investment is $250. For that, you'll get a pro rata share of 50 percent of profits up to the point where you make 120% of your original investment. After that, you get 25 percent of profits, but only until 18 months after the game launches. One major caveat is that Atari could cut off profit-sharing if its license to market and sell the game gets terminated early. Additionally, the percentages mentioned above could decrease if the campaign doesn't reach $2 million. So far, the fund has brought in $21,100 from 33 backers.

Also of note is that you do not necessarily get a copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch for your investment. You need to kick in at least $1,500 to get a copy of the game with your investment; if you invest $750, you can get 25 percent off the street price at launch.
As for the game itself, Atari says it will be one that "takes complete advantage of the console's innovative home and portable capabilities." It will be "made specifically for Switch," so it sounds like this will not be a port of an earlier game. If all goes to plan, RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch will include multiple scenarios (including those with time limits and other constraints), along with Sandbox and Career modes.
RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch will be developed by Nvizzio Creations, the Canadian studio behind the free-to-play RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch and the maligned RollerCoaster Tycoon World for PC. Importantly, the new game is not actually in the works as of yet; development will commence "in the months ahead," presumably pending the results of the investment campaign; the funding ends in April.
RollerCoaster Tycoon is one of the most recognizable gaming brands in history, so it makes sense that its license-holder would want to capitalize on that by bringing it to new systems. However, the decision to use equity crowdfunding is coming across as an odd one to some. There are also some potential red flags related to this, including a line on the StartEngine page about "irregular use of proceeds."
From the sound of it, Atari is saying it might spend $10,000 of the crowdfunded investment money on things like payments to individuals at the company or friends and relatives. Money could also be used for travel and entertainment or to pay back company debt. Here is the paragraph in question in full:
"We might incur Irregular Use of Proceeds that may include but are not limited to the following over $10,000: Vendor payments and salary made to one's self, a friend or relative; Any expense labeled 'Administration Expenses' that is not strictly for administrative purposes; Any expense labeled 'Travel and Entertainment'; Any expense that is for the purposes of inter-company debt or back payments."
You can read the full RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch investment document here.
The new RollerCoaster Tycoon game for Switch is tentatively scheduled to launch later this year, which is another head-scratcher given that the game might not even go into development until late April. We'll report back with more details as they're made available.
Along with the AtariBox, yet another scam from "Atari".

Old 01-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #144
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I gotta get Celeste on Switch. The reviews on that game are praising the hell out of it and it seems like a perfect fit on the system.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:03 PM   #145
Travesty
TEOL

Doom and Mario+Rabbids are on sale in the eShop(plus other games).

Old 01-26-2018, 03:20 AM   #146
zenith16
Side-Kick

Switch
Wild Guns Reloaded coming to Switch in early 2018

Published 11 hours ago. 2 comments.
Quote:
Switch version adds new game modes.

Wild Guns Reloaded is coming to Switch in early 2018, publisher Natsume announced.
The Switch version will offer new game modes, including:
  • Beginner Mode – Play the game with unlimited lives.
  • Boss Rush: Time Attack – Take on all the bosses in the game, one right after the other.
Here is an overview of the game, via Natsume:
Wild Guns Reloaded is a fast-paced gallery style shooter mixing the Wild West with steampunk. Players can play as Clint, Annie, two new characters, or all together in multiplayer action! Each can jump, dive and roll to get out of the way of the barrage of bullets enemies let fly – or shoot them down with their own gun!
In Wild Guns Reloaded, Annie has tracked down the famed bounty hunter Clint to get revenge on the Kid gang. With eight stages, each with three zones, there’s plenty of bad robots to blast away. With a true arcade game feel, Wild Guns was the first sci-fi western to arrive on home consoles and, to this day, there really isn’t any other game like it!
Wild Guns Reloaded is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC.

source:
Gematsu

Old 01-26-2018, 04:38 AM   #147
zenith16
Side-Kick

Also as stated by game informer sometime ago both in video & article this is now happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post

ways to save on Labo

also with

FIFA 18 On Nintendo Switch Outsold The PlayStation 4 Version In Japan. January 17, 2018 . 9:00am

FIFA is a series traditionally known as a staple brand on the PlayStation line of consoles, but surprisingly, the Nintendo Switch version of FIFA 18 managed to outsell the PlayStation 4 version in Japan.

17 comments Read >

Lastly

Sony’s PhyreEngine Is Now Supported By Nintendo Switch

By Alistair . January 18, 2018 . 9:30amThanks to the licensing document for the US region Dragon Quest Builders demo, it is now known that Sony Interactive Entertainment’s PhyreEngine is now supported on Nintendo Switch.

36 comments Read >

Source:
Nintendolife.com/& Siliconera

Old 01-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #148
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I gotta get Celeste on Switch. The reviews on that game are praising the hell out of it and it seems like a perfect fit on the system.
Yeah, people were raving about it, so I checked some clips out on YT, and it looks like a hard 2D platformer like Meat Boy. So I went ahead and bought it. I've only put about 20min into it, but I like it, so far.

I'm also using my 8bitdo controller with it, and it feels right at home for this game. This will be the first game I actually put some time in with that controller, so I'm happy it feels good in my hands. The D-pad feels so much better than the Pro Controller's.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #149
Silvermoth
Avenger

Apparently one of my favourite iOS games, Abyssrium (also known as tap tap fish) is coming to the switch. I love it so much. It's so peaceful. Would love an expanded version

Old 01-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #150
Travesty
TEOL

There's a Rougelike Metroidvania coming out called Dead Cells. I like Rougelikes, but I've never played a Metroidvania Rougelike, so I'm not sure how that'll work, but the game looks great. No release date, yet.