The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #576
Nathan

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

Do I have to post that video again, of the ultra thin material that stops bullets dead in its tracks? That stuff already exists. We don't need any heavy armor plated Batsuits anymore. You could create a costume reminiscent of the comics, and say he wears a thin layer of armor underneath. Or you keep the armor laid on top, but it won't have to look so thick anymore.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #577
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Superman and Spider-Man wear spandex but they are super powered so it's not a problem. Batman on the other hand is normal guy (albeit with training) so it makes sense that he would be armoured. If you look at the costume in Arkham Origins, that is how I would imagine Batman to look.
Batman has to withstand knives, guns etc and doesn't have super speed or a healing factor.
The suit in Arkham Origins is bulky and crude imo.

But the AA/AC suit, which is when Batman is older and has made more creations; that suit is thinner and sleeker, but offers him the same amount of protection and probably more speed than his old one.

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 09-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #578
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Quote:
Superman and Spider-Man wear spandex
*stops reading*

Old 09-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #579
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post

But the AA/AC suit, which is when Batman is older and has made more creations; that suit is thinner and sleeker, but offers him the same amount of protection and probably more speed than his old one.
Yeah. The A/A suit is the closest approximation to a live action comics suit we've seen. It's still a bit rubbery, but without the ugly plating and allblack colors that define the movie suits.

The A/C one is a bit too blue for my personal tastes, though

Old 09-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #580
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Out of the two however, I'd bet money WB would go for the AO suit.

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 09-14-2013, 07:14 AM   #581
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:

and also has outside underwear...

I wonder when he thought to add that innovation to the suit?

Old 09-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #582
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Since 1940 :P

Old 09-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #583
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

When it became thinner? To hide his bulge?

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #584
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #585
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Catwoman rubbing up against him in that costume wouldn't of helped

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #586
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Superman and Spider-Man wear spandex but they are super powered so it's not a problem. Batman on the other hand is normal guy (albeit with training) so it makes sense that he would be armoured. If you look at the costume in Arkham Origins, that is how I would imagine Batman to look.
Batman has to withstand knives, guns etc and doesn't have super speed or a healing factor.
And you can get an armored suit that looks like it's not armored using real world bulletproof fabrics as a basis. There is absolutely no need for the suit to have heavy armor plating like it does now. He can have all the protection he needs ands still not have that bulky heavy robotic armor look.

*splat*
Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #587
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
As for the costume. As stated, it's not too far fetched to believe there is strong enough flexible fabric that Bruce can whip up with his billions of dollars and intellectual mind.
Sorta like another billion dollar playboy who has tech that doesn't really exists or at least not in the form shown in his films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Do I have to post that video again, of the ultra thin material that stops bullets dead in its tracks? That stuff already exists. We don't need any heavy armor plated Batsuits anymore. You could create a costume reminiscent of the comics, and say he wears a thin layer of armor underneath. Or you keep the armor laid on top, but it won't have to look so thick anymore.
It doesn't matter if it exists or not. It's freaking Batman! There's really nothing real about it.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #588
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Haha! Kai greene for Bane?!

Old 09-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #589
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't mind if you did.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #590
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

I'm not advocating using a batsuit like in the new show Beware the Batman (the show itself is a pleasant surprise), but I thought it's interesting how they made the all black suit look good. It's a pretty daring design choice, with all the armored TDK inspired stuff out there. The ears being long is also nicely executed. Looks like a sleeker, slimmer version of the Batman 89 suit, with a black symbol.

Again, not what I want to see in BvS, but interesting nonetheless to see how they pulled this suit off. It looks pretty good in the show.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #591
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ That's because EVERYTHING looks made of plastic

Old 09-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #592
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

that show sucks!

Jerry and Joe were gentlemen. Bob Kane was a thief and a glory-hound who was more concerned about profit and prestige. I cannot bring myself to believe the same things about Stan Lee in regards to his two main contributors, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. I'm inclined to believe Stan's version of events as he has usually been very willing to credit his co-conspirators, but the truth is because different versions of credit exists, we will never truly know.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #593
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

I actually like that show. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I still can't believe they canceled young justice though!

Old 09-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #594
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I'm not advocating using a batsuit like in the new show Beware the Batman (the show itself is a pleasant surprise), but I thought it's interesting how they made the all black suit look good. It's a pretty daring design choice, with all the armored TDK inspired stuff out there. The ears being long is also nicely executed. Looks like a sleeker, slimmer version of the Batman 89 suit, with a black symbol.

Again, not what I want to see in BvS, but interesting nonetheless to see how they pulled this suit off. It looks pretty good in the show.
No thank you

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 09-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #595
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

I understand that the batsuit could be made of that elastic fabric that stops piercing damage completely. This also help the idea of being agile, ninja-like. But also, he confronts "nightly" several enemies and receive heavy concussive damage from punches, kicks and hits with other weapons apart from guns. There's a need for some protective "padding" also. Not so much armor-like, but far from the spandex suit also.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #596
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
This dress below is bulletproof. Now let Batman fight like someone without 80 pounds of rubber on his body

Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #597
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Yeah, if Bond, Bourne, and all those other action characters can go through their films without taking a bullet, I don't see how Batman, a comic book character cannot. I mean, it's freaking Batman.
Yes and its a comics character which can be even more fantastical and farcical than a realistic action movie hero.

Jerry and Joe were gentlemen. Bob Kane was a thief and a glory-hound who was more concerned about profit and prestige. I cannot bring myself to believe the same things about Stan Lee in regards to his two main contributors, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. I'm inclined to believe Stan's version of events as he has usually been very willing to credit his co-conspirators, but the truth is because different versions of credit exists, we will never truly know.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #598
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
I understand that the batsuit could be made of that elastic fabric that stops piercing damage completely. This also help the idea of being agile, ninja-like. But also, he confronts "nightly" several enemies and receive heavy concussive damage from punches, kicks and hits with other weapons apart from guns. There's a need for some protective "padding" also. Not so much armor-like, but far from the spandex suit also.
For realz?

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #599
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
that show sucks!
Gee, what a well reasoned criticism!

*splat*
Old 09-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #600
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

Sorry, i'm not a native english speaker. Could you express yourself further?