The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #126
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Mark Kermode told Tom Hiddleston they need to make 5 Thor movies so that people going to see the fifth one will have to ask "one to see Thor five".

Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #127
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

....Whether or not expectations were met, this film could potentially be the best CBM of the year quality wise.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #128
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #129
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Mark Kermode told Tom Hiddleston they need to make 5 Thor movies so that people going to see the fifth one will have to ask "one to see Thor five".
I laughed more than I should have

Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #130
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Sometime, I think that it would be better if there were no Screenings before release.
It seems to spoil things for a lot of people.
of course, we would go insane waiting for the movie to come out .

Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #131
Adamantium
Your King

Ahhh....The good old days. These new movies ain't nothing.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 10-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #132
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yes, but do they whine and complain long enough?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #133
Rock Sexton
Banned User

A nice balanced quote about Eccleston and his Malekith ....

"As the Nine Worlds align, Loki and Thor form an amusingly jittery alliance and take the fight to the Dark Elves. Christopher Eccleston is Malekith and he’s good here: impassive, imperious, his fine-boned face all malevolent geometry as he spits “I will put an end to this poisoned universe!” In truth he’s a generic villain in search of a better story but Eccleston imbues him with an unearthly ice that’s never less than compelling."

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/10/22/thor...-world-review/

IMO what is so great about the reviews coming out is that some forget how tricky this franchise was to get started. It's a mash-up of multiple genres and that is not always easy to pull off. Early reviews are showing people are having a lot of fun at this film.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 10-25-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #134
lucienlc
Newbie First Class

Lurker delurking. It seems odd to have the world premiere (and hence spoilers, reviews, etc.) so far in advance of the actual opening. It's also bizarre to me that they're opening it a week later in the US compared with the rest of the world, and that it does not appear to be on IMAX at all in the US, so far as I can tell. It seems to me that Marvel initially at least must not have had much respect/confidence in Thor TDW. It sounds like a quintessential summer movie, yet it's opening in the dark movie days of early November; they shoehorned it in between Ender's Game and Hunger Games 2, like they were afraid to compete with either (Hunger Games 2 I understand, but I'll be surprised if TDW doesn't beat out Ender's Game in box office). Probably their lack of confidence arose from the mish-mash that was the original script, revolving door of directors, and just a view of Thor as the weak sister of the superhero movies. I'm hoping that this movie's reception by fans and critics alike will make them all look silly.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #135
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Of course this isn't a bad film, 90% of the reviews have given this a 4/5 why are people not understanding that? They're raving about the lead performances, scale, inventive action scenes, set designs, writing, cinematography, and even most of the humor.

But no all anyone concentrates on is Malekith being underdeveloped, the run time, and a few ill timed jokes. Good grief do you realize how ridiculous it looks to put all those pros over three cons?
These people are miserable souls man.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #136
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I remember stating when this sequel was announced that Thor 2 had the potential to be bigger than better than The Avengers and I still hold to that, its why I am bit disappointed the movie is only considered 'good' with its best compliments being thats its 'entertaining' and 'fun.' I am pretty sure I will like the movie, but I am still disappointed they didnt have greater ambitions with the movie.
When was that ever announced?

Only place that happened was inside of that dome of yours. I don't think there's a single soul on the planet who realistically thought this film would trump the #3 movie of all time at the BO.

They must sell some killer drugs out there in Australia.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #137
Shawn30
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Ahhh....The good old days. These new movies ain't nothing.

Awesome special effects. Actually, that movie is still entertaining as hell if you have a group of comic book fans nearby.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #138
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

"Some days you just cant get rid of a bomb"!

Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #139
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienlc View Post
Lurker delurking. It seems odd to have the world premiere (and hence spoilers, reviews, etc.) so far in advance of the actual opening. It's also bizarre to me that they're opening it a week later in the US compared with the rest of the world, and that it does not appear to be on IMAX at all in the US, so far as I can tell. It seems to me that Marvel initially at least must not have had much respect/confidence in Thor TDW. It sounds like a quintessential summer movie, yet it's opening in the dark movie days of early November; they shoehorned it in between Ender's Game and Hunger Games 2, like they were afraid to compete with either (Hunger Games 2 I understand, but I'll be surprised if TDW doesn't beat out Ender's Game in box office). Probably their lack of confidence arose from the mish-mash that was the original script, revolving door of directors, and just a view of Thor as the weak sister of the superhero movies. I'm hoping that this movie's reception by fans and critics alike will make them all look silly.
The Avengers and several other marvel movies opened earlier outside the states.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #140
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Old 10-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #141
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post

With all the talk about how they filmed more Loki stuff and how it appears that Loki is in his finer clothes when he says "When do we start?" in newer previews...I wonder if this is even in the movie or simply from the B-Roll.

I'll be disappointed if we don't see the desperate and worn down Loki in prison.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #142
lucienlc
Newbie First Class

Very positive review from what sounds like a comic book fan rather than an official critic type. No spoilers in the full review, if one is spoiler-averse:

"The main things I took away from this film was that Thor and Loki’s relationship stole the film, Jane Foster was not just Thor’s love interest, it explained so much about the past films and the humour which I thought at first was a bit too much but once my critic style mind had relaxed I laughed and I enjoyed the film even more than Thor. Definitely go see this film, best film I’ve seen this year. Sorry Superman."

http://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/fi...-world-review/

Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #143
Feenix
Banned User

Quote:

Aaaaahahahhahah! That's awesome. Anyone who has stepped on a Lego knows this kind of pain. My brother and I used to (and still do) build Lego cars and then crash them into each other. Pieces went flying. We only found them after we stepped on them.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #144
Feenix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
With all the talk about how they filmed more Loki stuff and how it appears that Loki is in his finer clothes when he says "When do we start?" in newer previews...I wonder if this is even in the movie or simply from the B-Roll.

I'll be disappointed if we don't see the desperate and worn down Loki in prison.
From what I've read it sounds like the bleeding foot is in the movie, but the scream is not. I hope I read it wrong and the scream did make it. Maybe ask Steyin, he would know. Loki uses his magic to create the illusion of himself all put together, but when he's called out on it (by Thor I think), the illusion fades and we see him how he looks above.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #145
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Yes, but do they whine and complain long enough?

Quote:
When was that ever announced?

Only place that happened was inside of that dome of yours. I don't think there's a single soul on the planet who realistically thought this film would trump the #3 movie of all time at the BO.

They must sell some killer drugs out there in Australia.
Yep I hate to agree with you here BUT you're right. Anyone who thinks T: TDW was going trump the Avengers is smoking pot. I don't think Marvel wants to to that with Thor, if Thor can out do the scale and epicness of the Avengers, what's the point of having A:AOU when the Thor solo films can out do a team up movie?

Quote:

Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #146
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienlc View Post
Very positive review from what sounds like a comic book fan rather than an official critic type. No spoilers in the full review, if one is spoiler-averse:

"The main things I took away from this film was that Thor and Loki’s relationship stole the film, Jane Foster was not just Thor’s love interest, it explained so much about the past films and the humour which I thought at first was a bit too much but once my critic style mind had relaxed I laughed and I enjoyed the film even more than Thor. Definitely go see this film, best film I’ve seen this year. Sorry Superman."

http://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/fi...-world-review/
This illustrates my point about when they went into post-production. It's within that process that the Thor/Loki dynamic became more interesting to Taylor than the Thor vs. Malekith. That is why they went back and added scenes for Loki.

Is that such a big surprise though? Marvel's got two villains in this film and it happens to be Loki is still the primary player. It's just unfortunate to Eccleston that Hiddleston is so damn good in his role.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #147
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
From what I've read it sounds like the bleeding foot is in the movie, but the scream is not. I hope I read it wrong and the scream did make it. Maybe ask Steyin, he would know. Loki uses his magic to create the illusion of himself all put together, but when he's called out on it (by Thor I think), the illusion fades and we see him how he looks above.
An illusion sounds cool. Hopefully that's the case.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #148
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I don't think Marvel wants to to that with Thor, if Thor can out do the scale and epicness of the Avengers, what's the point of having A:AOU when the Thor solo films can out do a team up movie?
The Avengers films are the grand finale spectacle of each Phase. That doesn't mean they're not out there attempting to make great stand alones on the way, because let's be honest they are by all indications in Phase 2. But yeah, there's no way they're going to trump the trump card, more specifically they would never verbalize that.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #149
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
This illustrates my point about when they went into post-production. It's within that process that the Thor/Loki dynamic became more interesting to Taylor than the Thor vs. Malekith. That is why they went back and added scenes for Loki.

Is that such a big surprise though? Marvel's got two villains in this film and it happens to be Loki is still the primary player. It's just unfortunate to Eccleston that Hiddleston is so damn good in his role.
I'm happy with that as Thor and Loki is the best duo in any comic book movie imo, and I expect that Hemsworth and Hiddleston can take their characters to new heights both with this new dynamic and with so much experience playing them.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #150
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Avengers films are the grand finale spectacle of each Phase. That doesn't mean they're not out there attempting to make great stand alones on the way, because let's be honest they are by all indications in Phase 2. But yeah, there's no way they're going to trump the trump card, more specifically they would never verbalize that.
Yes. This^

Closed Thread