The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: What do you think of Zack Snyder's visual's?
He makes the best looking comic book movies ever! 22 22.00%
He has his moments 45 45.00%
His visuals are average 10 10.00%
They're not that good 23 23.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #201
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Default Re: Zack Snyder's Visuals, Amazing or Trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
We clearly didn't see the same film. I don't think stabby murder guy was lying when he said he was a friend of the tortured woman's bully son.
Or maybe he was feeling empathetic for a 50 year old woman who was kidnapped, gagged, and bound by 2 dozen mercaneries and the fact that he was dressed as a scary giant bat surely didn't factor in to it at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal
I want you to remember...In all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember despite all your hyperbole... Zack Snyder is still your favorite director's favorite director.
BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #202
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
See this is the thing. A lot of people on the internet, I suspect, has lived sheltered lives.

If you've ever been in a confrontation to the point where it's become physical... people don't joke around like kindergarteners in a playground brawl. It's usually about taking the other guy down first and fast. Unless you're content with getting your ass whupped. Their isn't any room for jokes or laughs or half-seriousness. Praise Civil War all you want, but that airport fight destroyed all the stakes and versimilitude that came before it. Batman v Superman did an unquestionably much better job at the fights.

Edit: In fact, that **** was so fake that it came off as "horse play" and War Machine falling out of the sky is about the same as someone getting hurt "for real" and then everyone stops fighting to make sure that the person that got punched is okay. It's grade school ********e.
Gotta say, I love your definition of "unquestionably much better".

Old 04-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #203
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or maybe he was feeling empathetic for a 50 year old woman who was kidnapped, gagged, and bound by 2 dozen mercaneries and the fact that he was dressed as a scary giant bat surely didn't factor in to it at all...
It's probably best he didn't mention that he was trying to murder her son minutes before. I love the characters, so here's hoping Snyder gets them right for JL.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #204
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:

If you've ever been in a confrontation to the point where it's become physical... people don't joke around like kindergarteners in a playground brawl. It's usually about taking the other guy down first and fast. Unless you're content with getting your ass whupped. Their isn't any room for jokes or laughs or half-seriousness. Praise Civil War all you want, but that airport fight destroyed all the stakes and versimilitude that came before it. Batman v Superman did an unquestionably much better job at the fights.

Edit: In fact, that **** was so fake that it came off as "horse play" and War Machine falling out of the sky is about the same as someone getting hurt "for real" and then everyone stops fighting to make sure that the person that got punched is okay. It's grade school ********e.
Absolutely this. When I was watching Batman fight Superman for the first time, I had a lump in my throat, I was feeling uncomfortable, I felt every punch Superman received. It felt wrong, because violence is wrong. It didnt glorify violence between two heroes.

The "other fight" while I was watching....lol. There were no stakes, no nothing. It barely qualifies as a fight.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #205
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
I'm going to question that!
Most people would.

Quote:
He didn't have to say he was her son's friend to do that. Unless Martha is blind, and deaf, and stupid and incapable of following current affairs, she knows Batman and Superman don't work together. He could simply have said he was there to save her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
When I was watching Batman fight Superman for the first time, I was feeling uncomfortable
Me too. It was painful to watch the DKR fight so poorly adapted.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-22-2017 at 04:22 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #206
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

The big problem is that for all the talk of how this movie will be an epic clash of two legendary titans fighting each other, it was nothing more than a ridiculous cartoon, one that can't even enjoy because I sat through two hours of tedium, waiting for it.

UltimatePyro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #207
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Like I said... sheltered. And as was said in another thread, I've seen better bar brawls than that airport fight. And the motivations boiled down to "this guy touched my girl's ass".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal
I want you to remember...In all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember despite all your hyperbole... Zack Snyder is still your favorite director's favorite director.
BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #208
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Quote:
See this is the thing. A lot of people on the internet, I suspect, has lived sheltered lives.

Using your logic if Batman thought Superman was such a threat and was trying to take him down "first and fast" then he wouldn't have left the spear where he couldn't get to it. He wouldn't have taken the chance that Superman (the ultimate threat to humanity in Bruce's mind) would tackle him through a freakin building and throw him down from 50 feet in the air. I know, I know, Batman is the greatest planner in the world (with prep time lol) and it was all apart of the plan for Superman to heave him even further away from the only weapon that could kill him so they could have a "serious" fight and throw each other through walls.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #209
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Like I said... sheltered. And as was said in another thread, I've seen better bar brawls than that airport fight. And the motivations boiled down to "this guy touched my girl's ass".
Personally, I'm glad that the Russos kept their characters heroes during the airport fight rather than make them all murdery and stupid. You don't have to be sheltered to prefer the heroes you grew up with dont act like drunken goombas at the local pub.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #210
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Praise Civil War all you want, but that airport fight destroyed all the stakes and versimilitude that came before it. Batman v Superman did an unquestionably much better job at the fights.
That's your opinion and as such it doesn't make it fact.

Now here's MY opinion, the Batman/Superman fight was joke, from the setup to the execution and finally to it's (now infamous) resolution.

Setup:
Superman asks Batman for help, Batman shoots him, Superman gets angry and starts fighting and thus conveniently forgetting that his mom's life is on the clock, why? Because there has to be a fight to satisfy the reason that the film got made in the first place.

Execution:
Superman had multiple opportunities to tell batman about his mom but didn't, why? Because there had to be a fight.
Superman got surprised by the kryptonite the first time but then when Batman shoots the 2nd pallet at him, superman, the guy with superspeed even at a weakened state, didn't bother to dodge the attack, why? because there has to be a fight.
Batman put the kryptonite spear exactly where a beaten Superman would eventually land, how did he know? well because the s**ty script says so.

Resolution:
MARTHA!!!! Something Superman could've shouted the second he landed on the rain soaked battle ground but didn't because A. Superman was written as a dip s**t and B. because the s**ty script says so.

At the end of the day you can defend BvS and dis CW all you want (and well within your right) but that won't change the fact that for the majority of people out there the former film is a piece of s**t while the latter is one of best in the genre.

Lastly to bring the topic back on track, the BvS fight was visually appealing (unlike the videogame cutaway cave troll fight) but for me it fell flat because of all of the above and because Snyder doesn't understand the fundamental basics of applying context to narratives.

Last edited by Superchan; 04-22-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #211
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

Fight for the most part looked fine to me, although I did think that the bit at the end with Batman swinging Superman into the columns was a little over the top

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #212
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
Fight for the most part looked fine to me, although I did think that the bit at the end with Batman swinging Superman into the columns was a little over the top
That was Ott. The sink to the head was eye rolling and hilarious.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #213
Ultimate Movie-Man
Master of Kick-arsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post

Now here's MY opinion, the Batman/Superman fight was joke, from the setup to the execution and finally to it's (now infamous) resolution.

Follow Me On Twitter
"Like" My Production Company
Like LEGO®? #BuildWithMe
Chattery on Xbox Live
Caldor90 on PSN
Ultimate Movie-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #214
Zarex
Side-Kick

He literally wrote "here's MY opinion". How did you miss that?

Old 04-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #215
Ultimate Movie-Man
Master of Kick-arsery

I didn't. I'm being petulant.

Follow Me On Twitter
Like LEGO®? #BuildWithMe
Chattery on Xbox Live
Caldor90 on PSN
Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #216
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
He literally wrote "here's MY opinion". How did you miss that?
It's cool Zarex, let the Snyder fanboy vent.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #217
Ultimate Movie-Man
Master of Kick-arsery

I like how being a "snyder fanboy" is a crime, it's a nice touch of you feeling superior.

Follow Me On Twitter
Like LEGO®? #BuildWithMe
Chattery on Xbox Live
Caldor90 on PSN
Old 04-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #218
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Movie-Man View Post
I like how being a "snyder fanboy" is a crime.
Nah it's not a crime at all, but acting silly just because someone doesn't like the man's work is somewhat in poor taste.

Quote:
it's a nice touch of you feeling superior.
Or maybe I'm just being petulant, seems to be contagious.

Tell you what, since I really hate Snyder's superhero work (and his take on Superman) most of my posts regarding his work will be negative so I suggest you either accept that it's my opinion and move on or put me on ignore. Either way it makes no difference to me but it might make your life alittle bit easier.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #219
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I'll never get over the fact Superman just forgets his mother has less than an hour to live and chooses to engage in what amounts to a school yard dust up. The entire fight makes no logical sense. It can look as awesome as you want (which in and of itself is debatable for this film), but if you as the audience have to make the fight have any meaning it's doesn't matter how good it looks. The fight felt wrong alright, but not because it was two heroes fighting, it felt wrong because there was no logical reason for them to come to blows in the first place. The BvS fight is easily preventable, that's what ultimately makes it weak.

My Etsy store. SHH members get a discount. :) https://www.etsy.com/shop/JMCGraphics

Artwork and Manip Videos: https://www.youtube.com/fanartexhibit

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #220
The Guard
Side-Kick

Fighting is usually such a logical pursuit...

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #221
titansupes
Side-Kick

People who don't like BvS's Lex are an insult to real life abuse victims, and people who enjoyed the "lighter" superhero movie fight over the "darker" one are sheltered.

Oh boy.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #222
Consona
Side-Kick

So, who's deleting my posts here?

Consona is offline   Reply With Quote