The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:08 AM   #951
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, out of all of the DC heroes that Superman could have first met in the DCU, are you guys happy that it's going to be Batman or would you guys have preferred him to meet some other hero before having encountered Batman?
Batman first!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:10 AM   #952
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Okay, so here's a thought...

How would some of you guys feel IF the next two films (BVS & JL) placed Superman at the forefront of the films, in the same way that X-Men does for Wolverine at times....with these two films acting as both Superman films and JL ones? I mean what if Snyder and Goyer came to a compromise with Warner Bros and tried to create a trilogy with Superman by using the JL characters so that they could still tell their superman stories and yet satisfy the studio's desire to bring out other heroes and do ensemble like films? MOS-JL could actually serve as a grand arc for how Superman eventually became the leader of Earth's heroes, while fulfilling what Jor-el had mentioned in MOS about Superman leading humanity to greater heights.

Any DC film that comes out after the first JL one could focus on the other heroes, with the second JL film focusing on everyone else.
That's an interesting way of looking at it.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #953
J.Howlett

Quote:
Assuming if that shot is going to be our first Official picture later on down the line, I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not from hearing that Wonder Woman wasn't in the picture...unless of course they took the shot before Gal was selected for the role.

And even if she was, maybe it's just to indicate that WW won't be as big of a character in this film as superman and batman will be.

On another note, out of all of the DC heroes that Superman could have first met in the DCU, are you guys happy that it's going to be Batman or would you guys have preferred him to meet some other hero before having encountered Batman?
No, it needs to have been Batman. I completely understand why, considering his cynical nature vs. what we've seen of Cavill's Kal-El.

My goodness, I hope WB releases that photo soon!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #954
J.Howlett

Quote:

How would some of you guys feel IF the next two films (BVS & JL) placed Superman at the forefront of the films, in the same way that X-Men does for Wolverine at times....with these two films acting as both Superman films and JL ones? I mean what if Snyder and Goyer came to a compromise with Warner Bros and tried to create a trilogy with Superman by using the JL characters so that they could still tell their superman stories and yet satisfy the studio's desire to bring out other heroes and do ensemble like films? MOS-JL could actually serve as a grand arc for how Superman eventually became the leader of Earth's heroes, while fulfilling what Jor-el had mentioned in MOS about Superman leading humanity to greater heights.

Any DC film that comes out after the first JL one could focus on the other heroes, with the second JL film focusing on everyone else.
I think that this might have been the plan since they decided to put Batman in this picture and started courting Affleck.

With the rumors of the characters that might show up, the possibility of JL being shot back to back with this film and the fact that Snyder and Goyer have both said that the events at the climax of Man of Steel are the spine of the story for this, this seems like how they'll go with this film.

It's the reaction story to this alien's public arrival in our world. Makes sense that Lex Luthor and the Batman are seriously suspicious of this Kal-El person.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #955
Seamo7

R I S E

https://24.media.tumblr.com/1029c691...bl9so1_500.jpg

Old 01-21-2014, 05:40 AM   #956
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I think that this might have been the plan since they decided to put Batman in this picture and started courting Affleck.

With the rumors of the characters that might show up, the possibility of JL being shot back to back with this film and the fact that Snyder and Goyer have both said that the events at the climax of Man of Steel are the spine of the story for this, this seems like how they'll go with this film.

It's the reaction story to this alien's public arrival in our world. Makes sense that Lex Luthor and the Batman are seriously suspicious of this Kal-El person.
Well, it would definitely be a new way of building up a shared universe filled with heroes...so people won't be able to claim that Warner Bros ripped off on what Marvel studios did.

Plus, if the execution is done right...this could really do wonders for Superman's character, let alone his villains as well. I mean for years, people have said on how useless Lex is due to the misconception of his character as a result of how badly characterized and portrayed his character has been in previous films.

If you can make a version of Lex that's so threatening that requires Superman to have some back up, then that's really saying a lot about Lex as a villain, especially when he doesn't have any super powers of his own.

Plus, this is one hell of a great way to establish a great arc involving Superman rising through the ranks from alien outcast, to silent hero, to the ultimate heroic leader.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #957
J.Howlett

Quote:
Well, it would definitely be a new way of building up a shared universe filled with heroes...so people won't be able to claim that Warner Bros ripped off on what Marvel studios did.

Plus, if the execution is done right...this could really do wonders for Superman's character, let alone his villains as well. I mean for years, people have said on how useless Lex is due to the misconception of his character as a result of how badly characterized and portrayed his character has been in previous films.

If you can make a version of Lex that's so threatening that requires Superman to have some back up, then that's really saying a lot about Lex as a villain, especially when he doesn't have any super powers of his own.

Plus, this is one hell of a great way to establish a great arc involving Superman rising through the ranks from alien outcast, to silent hero, to the ultimate heroic leader.
If the spine of the story is this, it's damn near perfect, considering the arc he had in Man of Steel.

It makes complete sense.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:52 AM   #958
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
aside from Jennifer Garner saying that she's seen the Batsuit and can't wait to see Ben working on set as Batman......nothing else.
I really want to see the new Batsuit...

Old 01-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #959
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

I would like that a lot. Although, I'd still want solo supes movies because I'm greedy and can never get enough Superman.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #960
herolee10
No More Miracles

Huh, I just realized that given on how Cavil has been sporting a shorter haircut for the past few months, if Affleck took that picture with Cavil in their respective costumes not too long ago, then Cavil would probably have his shorter hairstyle in that shot as Superman.

And assuming if that's how they'll go with his look, then i guess the rumors about Superman getting a new hairstyle wasn't far off.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #961
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Huh, I just realized that given on how Cavil has been sporting a shorter haircut for the past few months, if Affleck took that picture with Cavil in their respective costumes not too long ago, then Cavil would probably have his shorter hairstyle in that shot as Superman.

And assuming if that's how they'll go with his look, then i guess the rumors about Superman getting a new hairstyle wasn't far off.
Wait! What's this about Affleck taking a picture of them in their costumes?!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #962
ArmsHeldOut
TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
News to me as well. Where's this coming from?

"He (Batman) is perhaps the only genuine hero amongst them. The trauma of his parents' death is what motivates him and forces him to go on, but what makes him Batman is a decision. He took a decision to be a good guy, which is a decision in life not too many people make. He is a self-made character. He didn't get superpowers, he's not a cyborg, he made a choice to be what he is."
- Alan Grant
Old 01-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #963
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Kevin Smith revealed in one of his podcasts that he had seen a real photo of Ben in his costume, in which featured him (Ben) and Cavil in costume for a professional shoot that Snyder and Warner bros did.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #964
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:

I'd be all for this, especially considering the rumor that BVS and JL will film back-to-back and the fact that on numerous occasions Goyer and Snyder have said the climax of MOS will be the driving point behind this story.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 01-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #965
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

How soon can we get this promo shot of Supes and Batman?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #966
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
I'm dying here!

(not really, but I'm very curious)

Old 01-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #967
ArmsHeldOut
TBD

Quote:
That's the thing. No one knows. Even the professional rumor mongers have been uncharacteristically quiet of late.

"He (Batman) is perhaps the only genuine hero amongst them. The trauma of his parents' death is what motivates him and forces him to go on, but what makes him Batman is a decision. He took a decision to be a good guy, which is a decision in life not too many people make. He is a self-made character. He didn't get superpowers, he's not a cyborg, he made a choice to be what he is."
- Alan Grant
Old 01-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #968
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
I have no clue...

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 01-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #969
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I have a feeling it will be on a Friday sometime between now and the release of the film...

Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #970
TheNextNolan22

Not sure if I want anymore news in fear of another delay.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #971
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Not sure if I want anymore news in fear of another delay.
Maybe we'll have to wait until Affleck is 55 years old. Snyder wants to make The Dark Knight Returns instead

Old 01-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #972
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Maybe we'll have to wait until Affleck is 55 years old. Snyder wants to make The Dark Knight Returns instead
Snyder directing TDKR? DO WANT. Waiting until Affleck is 55? DO NOT WANT.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #973
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Kevin Smith revealed in one of his podcasts that he had seen a real photo of Ben in his costume, in which featured him (Ben) and Cavil in costume for a professional shoot that Snyder and Warner bros did.
Two things:

1) Is there a new episode of Fatman on Batman?

2) Wow! Cannot wait to see that.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #974
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Snyder directing TDKR? DO WANT. Waiting until Affleck is 55? DO NOT WANT.

If Affleck is as good and as committed as we all hope he is (paraphrasing ID4 here), then I'd love him to end his run with a TDKReturns adaptation.

Hmm. Come to think of it, in SUPER-HYPOTHETICAL mode, I suppose it would be Affleck himself directing that, and not Snyder (if we're operating under the assumption/hope that Affleck directs the new solo Batman movies).

Old 01-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #975
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Dark Knight Returns should only be adapted with different actors as it's own project.

It's a one off elseworlds tale (What is this Dark Knight Strikes Again? I've never hear of this, shutting my eyes and ears, it doesn't exist, aaaaarrrgggh!!!) and it shoudl be treated as such.

IMO it doesn't need a live action adaptation as nothing can ever come close to the amazing animated version.

BUT if they did adapt it. It would need to have Reagan, the cold war, the nazi boobs, the classic Batman + Robin costumes on Bruce and Carrie, The Joker violently breaking his own neck, the 80's punks, everything.

HERESY!
Closed Thread