The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #976
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

Ha! Right when I saw your name I knew you had some news!

Old 12-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #977
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Default Re: Legendary Pictures' 2014 Godzilla Reboot - Directed by Gareth Edwards - Part 3

The awesome Godzilla pic is from the HALO jump, POV shot from Ford probably.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #978
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:

I am so ready for this film!!!

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #979
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

The trailer is definitely the second leaked trailer, which means little Godzilla and that still image is the best look you'll get of him in the trailer.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #980
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Which is alright with me. Just want to see this bad boy already!

I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #981
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
"It was such a shot in the arm to see your star," Edwards recalls of first laying eyes on the fully realized, scaly wrecking machine. "It was like knowing you were pregnant vs. seeing the ultrasound. I suddenly remembered I was making this iconic movie."

It's Godzilla's name on the marquee, yet Edwards didn't want to humanize him or give him too much personality.
"To me, he's like a force of nature, like the wrath of God or vengeance for the way we've behaved," Edwards says. "If this really happened, it would be like Sept. 11.
"I want it to be epic. I want to get the hairs on the back of your neck up."

Coming from Monsters, in which he designed as cost-efficiently as possible a quasi-futuristic setting of alien creatures taking over Mexico, Edwards is reveling in the big-budget filmmaking that Godzilla offers him.
"It's the closest thing to being a god as I think there is in terms of a job you could have," he says. "You picture something one day and draw it, and the next day, it's physical and there in front of you no matter how insane."

Edwards adds that there was a "massive appeal" for doing the kind of movie that everybody will want to see. "OK, all your life, say, you want to be a footballer and you played for your local team, and then one day, someone says, 'Do you want to play in the World Cup final?' Who wouldn't say yes to that?"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-peek/3911383/
He sounds extremely passionate about this project and that gives me a lot of hope.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #982
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Wait...so that leaked trailer with the "I am become death" line is going to be the trailer coming out tomorrow?

Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #983
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Second leaked trailer with the really ****** cam quality.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #984
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

NO, the "leaked" trailer is a concept trailer, nothing in it is in the actual movie, Edwards wasn't even shooting yet when they showed it at the Comic Con.

It's a mood piece, nothing more.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #985
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Except that that was a work in progress, so it will have changed.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #986
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Oh, I didn't see that then. I guess I'll come in fresh...unlike the Godzilla fandom.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #987
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul

do we at least get to hear Godzilla roar?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #988
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread