The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Amy Adams As Lois Lane
Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #201
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Man, Rockstar....You really view Nolan as "God" when it comes to writing huh?

Jeez; granted, i get that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I think it's a little presumptuous to say that Lois Lane's character has not been well received in both comics and media interpretations throughout the years.

And honestly Rockstar, considering that all you've done is just bashed Lois Lane, Amy Adams, and worded female characters in a way that only Sexist Pigs do, let alone calling everyone in here to be nothing but bias fans; the biggest question should rise: "Why the F should we give a damn of what you say about anything at this point"?


If you don't care for the truth I deliver, then don't reply. It's that simple.



Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If you're not going to treat people with respect and just treat your opinion as a godsent, then don't expect people to take you seriously at all.

And you don't speak for everyone on this board, so you're in no position to say anything.

I can do whatever I want.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #202
Majik1387
Banned User
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 41,631
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

I imagine Rockstar as a little kid plugging his ears about all of Nolan's shortcomings.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #203
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
If you don't care for the truth I deliver, then don't reply. It's that simple.






And you don't speak for everyone on this board, so you're in no position to say anything.

I can do whatever I want.
I never said that I spoke for people, plus, it's no given secret that a lot of folks here have complained on your behavior on these boards.

I only respond because frankly, I don't like seeing when a person bashes a favorite character of mine without any justifiable reason or without logic backing it up.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #204
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReacher View Post
At least we know MOS won't have the silly romance that Superman: The Movie (and Superman II) had. So maybe Nolan's lack of focus on female characters is a good thing in this case.
Yup.

It's likely they avoided that crap. Nolan wouldn't have put his name on the script if that stuff was in it and presented in such a lackluster fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley2004 View Post
You clearly don't know much about Lois. She is not a character like Mary Jane, or Pepper Potts. She is different, and is extremely important to Superman's story. She will not be a supporting character unless Snyder and Nolan know nothing at all about Superman..
I know everything about the character.

There's no way to say she's important to Superman's story in MoS. There isn't enough revealed yet about this interpretation to make that assumption.

All we can go on is how Goyer/Nolan have written female roles in the past. If the past is any indication, they'll do a great job at finally making Lois Lane a real, believable and respectable character in this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley2004 View Post
On the chemistry Garfield/Stone will be hard to match. I agree that was the best I have seen in these types of movies. Better than Paltrow/Downey

I'll say this. The way Garfield/Stone were written and acted was extremely well done. They actually came across like real teenagers, something CW's Smallville failed at.

Marc Webb did a great job with the characters and relationships in that film. It felt real.


Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I never said that I spoke for people, plus, it's no given secret that a lot of folks here have complained on your behavior on these boards..
I've never broken any rules nor got into any trouble. So keep complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I only respond because frankly, I don't like seeing when a person bashes a favorite character of mine without any justifiable reason or without logic backing it up.
There has definitely been logic and justifiable reasons explained on multiple occasions. You just refuse to accept it. That's your call.


Bottom line is, I trust the people who wrote this script. They'll deliver a great Lois Lane.


Last edited by Rockstar; 07-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #205
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post



I've never broken any rules nor got into any trouble. So keep complaining.



There has definitely been logic and justifiable reasons explained on multiple occasions. You just refuse to accept it. That's your call.


Bottom line is, I trust the people who wrote this script. They'll deliver a great Lois Lane.
Yeah; and yet calling people here nothing but bias fanboys while wording female characters in films in such a poor manner is fine? Righttttt...


And don't get me wrong, there hasn't been anything of this film as of yet that's given me or most people here a reason to worry when it comes to Lois Lane's character, but like I've also said, just because you didn't like the past versions of Lois Lane, doesn't mean that no one else did either. Sure, Lois has her critics..and sure, not everyone is a fan of her..I mean really, what character is universally accepted and loved by everyone? The point is that she does have a strong fan base as well, and there is a large group of fans who have appreciated on how she's been portrayed in the several incarnations presented in the past.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #206
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah; and yet calling people here nothing but bias fanboys while wording female characters in films in such a poor manner is fine? Righttttt...

I'm being objective.

I listed the female characters in CBMs that were handled well and cast well.

But there is plenty to be critical about regarding many of the others.


Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And don't get me wrong, there hasn't been anything of this film as of yet that's given me or most people here a reason to worry when it comes to Lois Lane's character, but like I've also said, just because you didn't like the past versions of Lois Lane, doesn't mean that no one else did either. Sure, Lois has her critics..and sure, not everyone is a fan of her..I mean really, what character is universally accepted and loved by everyone? The point is that she does have a strong fan base as well, and there is a large group of fans who have appreciated on how she's been portrayed in the several incarnations presented in the past

Uh.. who cares.


All I care about his how Lois Lane is handled in Man of Steel. It's a film that doesn't owe anything to what has come before.

The past interpretations, whether I like them or not (and obviously I don't like some of them) really aren't relevant to this.


All I'm saying is that I have confidence in how Goyer/Nolan approached the character. They have all the right skills to reinvent the character in a way that can be taken seriously (in a grounded, gritty and realistic film like this) and respected.

They will also not overinflate the importance of the character beyond what it should be. The creative team finally has the right focus for this Superman film. Long overdue.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #207
JackReacher
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm being objective.

I listed the female characters in CBMs that were handled well and cast well.

But there is plenty to be critical about regarding many of the others.





Uh.. who cares.


All I care about his how Lois Lane is handled in Man of Steel. It's a film that doesn't owe anything to what has come before.

The past interpretations, whether I like them or not (and obviously I don't like some of them) really aren't relevant to this.


All I'm saying is that I have confidence in how Goyer/Nolan approached the character. They have all the right skills to reinvent the character in a way that can be taken seriously (in a grounded, gritty and realistic film like this) and respected.

They will also not overinflate the importance of the character beyond what it should be. The creative team finally has the right focus for this Superman film. Long overdue.
Yes, exactly. A realistic interpretation of Superman's priorities. No more wasting time dillydallying with a reporter.

JackReacher is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #208
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post


Uh.. who cares.


All I care about his how Lois Lane is handled in Man of Steel. It's a film that doesn't owe anything to what has come before.

The past interpretations, whether I like them or not (and obviously I don't like some of them) really aren't relevant to this.


All I'm saying is that I have confidence in how Goyer/Nolan approached the character. They have all the right skills to reinvent the character in a way that can be taken seriously (in a grounded, gritty and realistic film like this) and respected.

They will also not overinflate the importance of the character beyond what it should be. The creative team finally has the right focus for this Superman film. Long overdue.
I've never said that the past incarnations that came before this has any bearing on this film. I'm saying that there are actually fans here of the characters that were presented in past versions and going around and bashing them won't go well with them, and granted that you're likely to respond to that by saying.."Why should I care?"...well...I'll just say on what goes around comes around..and that one would think that a person could at least be considerate into not going around and bashing characters or actresses as if no one here cared about them.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #209
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReacher View Post
Yes, exactly. A realistic interpretation of Superman's priorities. No more wasting time dillydallying with a reporter.
Right...because being with a reporter that covers important events in the comings and goings of the world wouldn't prove useful for him...okay?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #210
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,843
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

It's amazing how little i'm starting to care what certain people think.

__________________
Superman: "I can only tell you what I believe, Diana. humankind has to be allowed to climb to its own destiny. We can't carry them there."
Flash: "But that's what she's saying. What's the point? Why should they need us at all?"
Superman: "To catch them if they fall."
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #211
Majik1387
Banned User
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 41,631
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Btw, apparently Man of Steel trailer is amazing, according to my friends facebook mobile postings.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #212
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I've never said that the past incarnations that came before this has any bearing on this film. I'm saying that there are actually fans here of the characters that were presented in past versions and going around and bashing them won't go well with them, and granted that you're likely to respond to that by saying.."Why should I care?"...well...I'll just say on what goes around comes around..and that one would think that a person could at least be considerate into not going around and bashing characters or actresses as if no one here cared about them.

You're too overly sensitive. Especially regarding a fictional character.


Don't take the criticism of past portayals personally.

Unless you're secretly Margot Kidder.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #213
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You're too overly sensitive. Especially regarding a fictional character.


Don't take the criticism of past portayals personally.

Unless you're secretly Margot Kidder.
A lot of people have come to appreciate these characters, along with the actors that have portrayed them. It's not surprising to see that people would respond strongly when someone like you bashes either the character, let alone the actress playing them for reasons that a lot of people find to be stupid.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #214
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Not 'people' per say. You make it sound like a group. It's just you and the same few individuals.


And it really makes no difference to me.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #215
JackReacher
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Right...because being with a reporter that covers important events in the comings and goings of the world wouldn't prove useful for him...okay?
Funny how there was no mention of global events during any of Lois-Superman's 'meetings'....

JackReacher is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #216
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReacher View Post
Funny how there was no mention of global events during any of Lois-Superman's 'meetings'....
Aside from their professional relationship, what do you have against their personal one?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #217
JackReacher
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Aside from their professional relationship, what do you have against their personal one?
Ummm....its costing lives. Clark already spends enough of the day with Lois. Why waste more time with her as Superman?

JackReacher is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #218
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,314
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReacher View Post
Ummm....they haven't had a professional relationship so far (in the 5 films made about them).
I was referring about them in the comics; and even before they became a full fledged couple, they were always attracted to each other from the beginning.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #219
JAK®
Upstart
 
JAK®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,424
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The only female CBM roles I thought were well cast and memorable during this decade were:

Emma Stone in Amazing Spider-Man

Scarlett J. in Avengers

Jen Lawrence in X-Men First Class

Hayley Atwell in Captain America
This list is inaccurate, because Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts is missing.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAK®



JAK® is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #220
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Haha. Check out this review and you'll understand why I'm not the biggest fan of how they handled Pepper Potts:

http://confusedmatthew.com/Iron-Man-2.php

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #221
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Okay wow. After seeing TDKR twice, I can honestly say the concerns about Nolan and his lackies writing female characters are completely unfounded.

Hathaway's Selina was incredible. She added much needed levity to the film and all of her dialogue was great. She was incredibly feminine and sexy. The chemistry with Bale was great too. Perfectly handled.

I was never a Catwoman fan, but I am after TDKR.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #222
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User
 
\S/JcDc\S/'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,042
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Btw, apparently Man of Steel trailer is amazing, according to my friends facebook mobile postings.
It is my friend.

I'm not religious but dare I say it... a religious experience seeing this teaser

\S/JcDc\S/ is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #223
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

I'm guessing Rockstar loved the MoS teaser since it didn't feature any women.


Last edited by Rowsdower!; 07-20-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #224
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Catwoman made up for it. She was quite a treat.


Shame Ledger is dead. His Joker in the same room as this Catwoman would have been incredible.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #225
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 54,092
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
If you don't care for the truth I deliver, then don't reply. It's that simple.

And you don't speak for everyone on this board, so you're in no position to say anything.

I can do whatever I want.
What does that say under your user name.......

C. Lee is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.