The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Old 05-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormC View Post
Deep in my gut, I have a fear that Sony might somehow screw up Homecoming.
Well it would be seen as a Sony movie but yeah. I think HC will be fine not expecting a billion B.O. though. Hopefully is not bad, I like Holland as Parker and Spidey needs to bounce back.

Captain Marvel is the only potential one I see so far. That is because she is new and we have yet to see her. We saw Spider-Man and Black Panther introduced in Civil War so that helps BP's case a lot. Danvers should be introduced in IW next year to help the movie.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:16 AM   #4
GeckoMoria
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Well it would be seen as a Sony movie but yeah. I think HC will be fine not expecting a billion B.O. though. Hopefully is not bad, I like Holland as Parker and Spidey needs to bounce back.

Captain Marvel is the only potential one I see so far. That is because she is new and we have yet to see her. We saw Spider-Man and Black Panther introduced in Civil War so that helps BP's case a lot. Danvers should be introduced in IW next year to help the movie.
Strange and Ant-man didn't need to be introduced anywhere for their movies to gross 520 and 680 million respectively. marvel is a huge brand and they can elevate every franchise by name recognition alone. It' ridiculouss to worry about new Marvel franchises at this point.

GeckoMoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:50 AM   #5
jr24tw
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part

Snog, Marry, Avoid: Marvel Edition.

Gamora and Nebula really are sister, lol. Rooker's answers for the guys is hilarious as is Zoe's about the Marvel women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Show don't tell, which was the practical mantra around the Hype for a time... but is PRETTY selectively used as a critique in actuality. But here? Yeah... Show don't tell. Just like the last film don't have all backstory essentially be exposition. A flash back with Thanos raising both sisters and showing his way of "parenting" and the consequences is in my view a better way to get across Nebula and Gamora's relationship or at least the basis of it and requires no re-writing of the film in any major way.

This I think WILL become an issue in the future as I suspect that Nebula will play a part in the IW film but all we will have to base her character and motivations on is going to be some awkward dialog from Vol. 1 and 2 about what she experienced at the hand of Thanos.
It seems like this will be something expanded on in IW. At least it sounds like it from what Zoe says in this interview.

jr24tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #6
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part

It also helps that Marvel Studios is really good at budget control. They pretty consistently keep their movies costing about 50M or more less than comparable ones from the competition.

I'd say Captain Marvel doesn't have to worry about getting much less than Dr Strange. Ant-Man did less, but Ant-Man had a much weirder and harder-to-sell concept, as well as the most troubled production of any Marvel film. Its a hard floor for "when things go seriously wrong", I'd say.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
It also helps that Marvel Studios is really good at budget control. They pretty consistently keep their movies costing about 50M or more less than comparable ones from the competition.

I'd say Captain Marvel doesn't have to worry about getting much less than Dr Strange. Ant-Man did less, but Ant-Man had a much weirder and harder-to-sell concept, as well as the most troubled production of any Marvel film. Its a hard floor for "when things go seriously wrong", I'd say.
Yes Ant Man turned out fine and did well at the box office given its nature, but is/was probably the hardest sell out of all the upcoming properties. I can't see any of the others going any lower than that.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:54 PM   #8
terry78
I don't die, fool

Has anybody in California been to Disneyland to ride the new Breakout ride yet?

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #9
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Has anybody in California been to Disneyland to ride the new Breakout ride yet?
I have. It's pretty cool.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:14 AM   #10
Curmudgeon
Killjoy

I'm going in September, lol. It's kind of a bummer they took out Tower of Terror, but I figure the new ride will be just as good if not better.

Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'm going in September, lol. It's kind of a bummer they took out Tower of Terror, but I figure the new ride will be just as good if not better.
The ride is still (effectively) the exact same as Tower of Terror (it's a 'dropping' ride). It's just been redressed to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed instead of being an old/haunted/dilapidated hotel theme

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #12
Curmudgeon
Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
The ride is still (effectively) the exact same as Tower of Terror (it's a 'dropping' ride). It's just been redressed to be Guardians of the Galaxy themed instead of being an old/haunted/dilapidated hotel theme
Not surprised by this. I do wish they had just built a new gotg ride instead of re-skinning ToT, but I'm still really excited. Plus, they still have ToT in Florida and it was always the superior version of the ride anyway.

Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #13
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Nobody got pics of the break out ride?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #14
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

There's an article of it on io9. Looks pretty cool actually.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #15
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

There's also POV videos on youtube of it, InsideTheMagic has I believe most of it:

Tour the Collector's fortress
Full pre-show video
Rocket Raccoon animatronic
Ride POV ("We want the funk")

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #16
Stlogsy
Newbie First Class

Hi folks,
I love these movies, but have to say that I havent ready any of the comics yet. My question is, did the vol. 1 and vol. 2 casettes originate in the comics? Or was it just added for the movie? If it was part of the comics, were all the songs list throughout?

Thanks folks!
S

Stlogsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #17
xeno000
IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlogsy View Post
Hi folks,
I love these movies, but have to say that I havent ready any of the comics yet. My question is, did the vol. 1 and vol. 2 casettes originate in the comics? Or was it just added for the movie? If it was part of the comics, were all the songs list throughout?

Thanks folks!
S
The Awesome Mix tapes aren't from the comics. They were the creation of James Gunn, who selected all of the songs to accompany Star Lord's story.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:59 AM   #18
chromehorn
Newbie First Class

Can someone explain the jumps in space? Worm holes?

chromehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromehorn View Post
Can someone explain the jumps in space? Worm holes?
Artificially created ones... So, jump gates, I guess would be a better term?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #20
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Yeah more like a doorway transporter, than a worm hole

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #21
PrehistoricDog
Sponsored by Pabst

PrehistoricDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #22
Filmfan93
The Man in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrehistoricDog View Post

This is gold! That Gunn! And Stan, Zoe, Pom, Rooker, Bautista, Karen and Pratt! And Hasselhof!

Old 08-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #23
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrehistoricDog View Post

I asked in the other thread why did Kurt Russell morph into a present-day David Hasselhoff?

Peter Quill was taken during the 1980s around the time of Knight Rider. He doesn't know what the Hoff of 2017 looks like. Wouldn't he wonder why he's an old man now? Shouldn't he have morphed into the Hoff of the 80s with the bigger hair and who looks much younger?

Quill doesn't even know about Baywatch.

And Ego hasn't visited Earth since the 80s, presumably, since after the time Quill's mother died. He shouldn't know what the Hoff looks like today.

They could have used their de-aging technology to de-age Hasselhoff like they did for Kurt Russell.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #24
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I don't remember Tower of Terror having as many drops as Breakout.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #25
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

"YOU BETRAYED THE LAAAWW"
That is how I heard it the first time Sylvester Stallone said "You betrayed the code", and I love it.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote