The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #976
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvlaki View Post
And there is nothing wrong with not throwing away your money on a bad movie and I don't think anyone was saying to do so. However, I'm starting to get the impression there are a few people in this thread that would provided there is a Marvel Studios logo at the beginning of the film.
If Marvel studios made a film that looked as bad as Fant4stic and condescendingly talked down to fans throughout the process, I wouldn't go.

But Marvel has never done anything even remotely like what Fox did with Fant4stic, so the chances seem very slim that I would need to worry about that if Marvel got the rights back.

Marvel hasn't made any films that have been nearly as bad as the best FF film Fox has made.

I dream of the day we can get an FF film as good as Thor Dark World or Iron Man 3.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #977
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
You tell me.

Just name a few....
Do I actually have to spell out why this argument is so flimsy? You can dislike Homecoming all day but comparing it to one of the worst superhero films of all time (both in quality and fidelity to the source material) because a handful of supporting characters look different is flat out absurd.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 07-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #978
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Spoiler for Homecoming.[/SPOILER]
You're a moderator. Why leave a post like jaymes's up in an unrelated thread when it practically spoils the plot of Homecoming? By the way, I haven't had the chance to see the film yet, so thanks to both of you for spoiling part of it in a totally unrelated thread just because you're pissed about details of the film. Please have some respect for other people who don't want to see things like that discussed in a thread where they don't belong.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:49 PM   #979
jaymes_e06
Super Member pun intended

It was the worst kept secret in Hollywood maybe? But I will edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Do I actually have to spell out why this argument is so flimsy? You can dislike Homecoming all day but comparing it to one of the worst superhero films of all time (both in quality and fidelity to the source material) because a handful of supporting characters look different is flat out absurd.
But I thought that the reason people didn't like FFINO is because it took so many liberties. Yet you applaud it if it happens at Marvel? There were many who were stark anti- Fan4tasic (myself included) that still believed it would be a good film but boycotted it anyway because on principal they changed too much. So your logic is the only one flawed if you think simply making a good film means you don't have to take responsibility for bastardizations of characters.

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
Old 07-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #980
Darepool
superhero artist

Bastardization?

Old 07-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #981
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Quote:
It was the worst kept secret in Hollywood maybe? But I will edit it.

But I thought that the reason people didn't like FFINO is because it took so many liberties. Yet you applaud it if it happens at Marvel? There were many who were stark anti- Fan4tasic (myself included) that still believed it would be a good film but boycotted it anyway because on principal they changed too much. So your logic is the only one flawed if you think simply making a good film means you don't have to take responsibility for bastardizations of characters.
FFINO bastardized the main characters, Homecoming embraced it. The difference is undeniable.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 07-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #982
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaaaaake! View Post
Have fun with that impression...

As for me, I'm hopeful for Thor 3 but it's not an automatic ticket purchase. Now BP and Infinity Wars are.... Justice League, Aqua-Man and Ant-Man2 are in the same boat as Ragnorok while New Mutants, DP2, Dark Phoenix and Venom won't receive a dime from me. So there's only 2 definite's and 4 maybes.

So "Studio Logo's" don't make my support a guarantee.
Amen! Agree 99%!............Except about Thor. I'm so there opening day! Thor vs. Hulk.........Dude!

But Anything Fox related, not going to see it. The sig is real!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #983
jaymes_e06
Super Member pun intended

Quote:
FFINO bastardized the main characters, Homecoming embraced it. The difference is undeniable.
No offense but I don't think I can see you being objective on this issue.

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
Old 07-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #984
Darepool
superhero artist

Quote:
Homecoming embraced it. The difference is undeniable.
I see, yes OK, this I agree with.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #985
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Spider-man Homecoming kept his essence. You can't tell me F4 kept the essence of their characters. A horror story? That doesn't fit those characters at all.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #986
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Quote:
Look at Homecoming's Peter Parker and compare him to any member of the FF in that movie. Look at FFINO's treatment of the greatest villain in the Marvel stable and compare it to what Homecoming did with a C-lister.

Change everything about the kids he goes to high school with, I don't care.
Change everything I love about our main characters, I'm out. There's no denying the difference.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 07-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #987
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
But now we will never see a proper portrayal as we already have an "MJ INO" running around.
might see it is still totally possible, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson played in the NBA at the same time, meanwhile Michael Jackson was singing songs. So the world has enough place for mor than one MJ at a time.
Quote:
Keep in mind they didn't just do this with one of the most iconic characters but also many other supporting ones too.
other than giving Betty Brant Gwen Stacy's hair (a character unlikely to be reused this time but a nice nod to her fans) and amalgamating Ned and Ganke into one person what was really changed? The inclusion of Cindy Moon? The best version of Flash we've ever got?

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 07-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #988
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:

But I thought that the reason people didn't like FFINO is because it took so many liberties.
Sorry, but comparing Homecoming to Fant4stic in terms of 'liberties' is bat-s*** crazy.

There was pretty much NOTHING in Fant4stic that was even close. The closest character to Mary Jane Watson in Fant4stic would be Alicia Masters. There was no Alicia Masters in Fant4stic (just like there was no Mary Jane Watson in Homecoming).

Do I care that there was no Alicia Masters? Of course not. That's the least of my worries. Being concerned with something so trivial in that abomination would be like having my house burn down and worrying about my comic-book collection. With Fant4stic, there were far bigger things to be concerned with.

They only reason you can even focus on something as trivial as and omission/change to Mary Jane Watson is there are so many other good things.

Was Spider-Man Wearing a ridiculous 'containment suit' that bore no resemblance to his suit in the comics? Was he naked with no d***? Was everything about him changed so that he was completely unrecognizable? Was he humorless and a complete d*** to his closest friend? Was he used as a weapon by the government to kill people? etc. etc. etc. etc.

Was the whole film terrible and incomprehensible and completely unlike the comic books in nearly every imaginable way?

Last edited by Willie Lumpkin; 07-09-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #989
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

This is an F4 thread, btw. Probably not the best spot for a debate about Homecoming. Instead let's talk about trash bag doom and the worst superhero costumes ever put to the big screen.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Old 07-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #990
Darepool
superhero artist

Quote:
This is an F4 thread, btw. Probably not the best spot for a debate about Homecoming. Instead let's talk about trash bag doom and the worst superhero costumes ever put to the big screen.
Not to mention, Homecoming is critically praised and has mostly great reaction from fans, while FFINO is universally hated spore ridden dog pooooo. Clearly there is a difference.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #991
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Complaining about Homecoming to FF fans is like a Wall Street broker complaining to a homeless man that his window treatments aren't the right shade of taupe.

Get back to me when I actually have windows.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #992
Spiderine
Sho nuff

I think the results of both films speak for itself.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #993
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread