The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 07-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #326
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

When signing on to the Broadway musical they probably had stipulations about certain promotional things she'd have to do for Supergirl, that is her main job at the end of the daym

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #327
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I think they are actually looking more at the UK cons that Chyler and Katie were doing and the stuff they were saying was only making the shipper stuff worse, not better. So, put that with the MTV interview (which was not the actors problem) it was the emo fans of #Supercorp. The actors were just having fun....as they should be able to do.
Can't fault you there Kelly. But the ET one was the crazy one. Melissa was laughing her a** off...and even Chris laughed...like Burt Reynolds. There was also one with the LA Times...Jeremy asked for a pitch matching, like warming up vocals. And Melissa laughed like crazy!

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the cast doing interviews without Melissa there, however, this fan would probably skip those because per last SDCC we got nothing of substance from them anyway.
No fault with that one, but Melissa is the lead character...co-lead if you count Chyler who was absent last year due to a family matter.

Quote:
As far as Melissa is concerned, she has to put her voice and throat as #1 priority at the moment, and getting no sleep, and talking 24/7 along with flying on a plane are the WORST things on a vocalists throat, so I see absolutely no problem with her not doing the interviews....and has a perfectly good reason. When doing a musical and you are the lead, you baby that throat like it was your first child. EVERY PERFORMER does it, they have their weird rituals, Melissa has products that she uses that she swears by, and it is totally understandable.
Sounds cliched, but for singers, radio news anchors, voice over artists...your voice is your career. I sang in my church's choir for years as a tenor and my ex-director offered up advice for helping the throat...like having an apple. If anything, she also taught me to enunciate a little more...although popping of the "p's" is a big no-no when I was in radio news years ago.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #328
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
She's under contract to perform in her musical too and can't just take time off, given that she's only in a limited run. People have probably booked tickets to see her.
She IS taking time off from the musical for SDCC, and the performances she's not gonna be present for were announced well in advance. Which is why I find it slightly unbelievable that she won't have time for an hour or two of press at SDCC while she's there, because it's not like she has to rush back to NYC for a performance that night. However, Kelly's argument about protecting her voice does have merit.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #329
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
She IS taking time off from the musical for SDCC, and the performances she's not gonna be present for were announced well in advance. Which is why I find it slightly unbelievable that she won't have time for an hour or two of press at SDCC while she's there, because it's not like she has to rush back to NYC for a performance that night. However, Kelly's argument about protecting her voice does have merit.
They are doing a press room, just not the individual press interviews with outlets like ET, etc.....not sure if Melissa will be in the private press room or not.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #330
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I've noticed in all of the interviews she has done in New York she is slightly more reserved in her usual big laughs kind of way. Which is a protection of her vocal cords for sure....it is very obvious she is taking care of that $$$$$$ maker at the moment. lol

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 07-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #331
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Yes, in those individual outlet interviews last year, the cast was...especially boisterous, to say the least. Her voice can't afford to risk her getting carried away like that this year, so that makes sense. Hope she'll at least do the private press room roundtables, though.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM   #332
VSG
Side-Kick

I have read you about some problems last year, what happened?

VSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM   #333
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG View Post
I have read you about some problems last year, what happened?
There was an outcry by Supercorp fans after Jeremy, in a bit of a raucous press event, was a little over the top in saying that Lena & Kara were friends and only friends.

Supercorp fans went ballistic. took it as a personal insult by him and a number of LGBT websites posted articles about how the show insults Gay people...

Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #334
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Personality I’m fine if the cast doesn’t do individual outlet interviews. While it’s fun to see this cast interact with each other, it’s not like these interviews revealed any new information. I do hope Melissa and Chyler are seated next to each other at the panel so we get to see thier interaction.

To add to what’s been said about Melissa protecting her voice. Other Broadway producers are looking at this run to see if she can maintain her voice and performance for these nine weeks. In other words future stage work in part depends on her ability to keep up what she’s done so far.

Brierrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #335
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
There was an outcry by Supercorp fans after Jeremy, in a bit of a raucous press event, was a little over the top in saying that Lena & Kara were friends and only friends.

Supercorp fans went ballistic. took it as a personal insult by him and a number of LGBT websites posted articles about how the show insults Gay people...
And they got some LGBQT activists in on it that don't even watch the show, until Reps got involved and that squashed it pretty quickly.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #336
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I don't believe for one second that Jeremy meant anything against the LGBQT community in the least.....what he was lashing out at in a comical way was the rude behavior of the #Supercorp fans and how they slammed Mon-el's character at every turn, and slammed the writers as well, going after them on twitter, along with Chris and Melissa. They had had enough, was just a fun way to say......lay the hell off, it ain't gonna happen, and many of them took that as a personal slight. I loved it myself....as did a couple of gay friends of mine who have been fighting the good fight since the 70s and were appalled at how this fandom was acting.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #337
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Yeah, he clearly underestimated how serious some people take these ships.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #338
VSG
Side-Kick

The shippers are part of the worst fandom today.

VSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #339
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I don't believe for one second that Jeremy meant anything against the LGBQT community in the least.....what he was lashing out at in a comical way was the rude behavior of the #Supercorp fans and how they slammed Mon-el's character at every turn, and slammed the writers as well, going after them on twitter, along with Chris and Melissa. They had had enough, was just a fun way to say......lay the hell off, it ain't gonna happen, and many of them took that as a personal slight. I loved it myself....as did a couple of gay friends of mine who have been fighting the good fight since the 70s and were appalled at how this fandom was acting.
it was the end of a long day and, IIRC, they'd been allowed a drink or two during events... Jeremy just got a little over excited.

i don't think it helped that it was clear by then that Floriana wasn't coming back...

Old Today, 09:39 AM   #340
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
it was the end of a long day and, IIRC, they'd been allowed a drink or two during events... Jeremy just got a little over excited.

i don't think it helped that it was clear by then that Floriana wasn't coming back...
It wasn't her fans that were the problem....it was Katie McGrath fans....Floriana fans still held out hope that she would/or they would get a contract signed. Most of these that are whining are FANS OF THE ACTORS. Katie (Supercorp) fans wanting Xena #2 and Floriana Lima fans wanting her back... it was the Xena #2 fans that were the problem after the MTV stuff.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~