The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #251
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
The second suit was an improvement, but near film quality?
That's quite the gaffe.
Yeah, I wouldn't call DD's suit near film quality. It could still do with a huge improvement. The mask from Season 2 was better though. I think the suit still looks way too busy and a bit TV-ish.

The Inhumans' costumes definitely don't look film quality.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #252
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't call DD's suit near film quality. It could still do with a huge improvement. The mask from Season 2 was better though. I think the suit still looks way too busy and a bit TV-ish.

I wonder if those IMAX viewers notice. This is supposed to be an incredibly niche showing, right?

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #253
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

You just know that Marvel is regretting this. This show looks to be DOA

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #254
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

This show being in IMAX theatres is not much different from two-part episodes of the 70s Spider-Man TV series being shown in theatres as Spider-Man Strikes Back and Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge. They were definitely not cinematic quality but still very much TV movies.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #255
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Spoilertv released more pictures in good quality:
http://imgur.com/a/KdBc1

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #256
rebellion
Side-Kick

there are some pretty cool cinematic shots, but the whole thing needs more color.. and that wig still looks atrocious. i hope serinda gives a good perfomance.

rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #257
Zarex
Side-Kick

Serinda did a terrific job portraying a young Anne Bancroft on "Feud".

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #258
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluanprime View Post
If you clearly despise everything TV as an artform and honestly see nothing good in any of the DC/Marvel TV shows (when there's lots) I don't see why you obsessively comment about everything...
Despise is a strong word as I watch news, talk shows, reality shows, cop / medical / legal dramas, a couple of serial shows as of now and some dramedies in the past.

But marvel Television is just lukewarm.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #259
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Spoilertv released more pictures in good quality:
http://imgur.com/a/KdBc1
I like that the frame size is not the typical TV frame size probably because of the IMAX cameras. However, visually, it looks like Lionsgate doing their film adaptation of the Inhumans, not Disney. It just doesn't look that expensive compare to the mcu movies and something you would expect from a SciFi TV show. And personally, it distracts me a lot.

Should have been a movie.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:28 AM   #260
Panacea
Side-Kick

I hope they haven't blown all that budget on location shooting instead of special/visual effects.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:32 AM   #261
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
I hope they haven't blown all that budget on location shooting instead of special/visual effects.
Exactly, priorities and all that.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:55 AM   #262
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superion View Post
Despite all the bad press ABC still won't release the trailer to the public. Doesn't inspire confidence that this project isn't a giant dumpster fire.
Or they were planning on waiting for SDCC? After all, it was shown as part of the upfronts, which is a closed door event. It wasn't intended to be shown to the public just yet.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #263
Zarex
Side-Kick

As with Daredevil and Runaways I think Inhumans works better as TV show than a movie. Royal drama is a better fit for serialized storytelling than a two hour feature and I am glad that ABC is remaining in business with Marvel.

My biggest concerns are if the budget for a miniseries, even one with IMAX backing, will be sufficient to display the Royal Family's spectacular powers. And if the division between Marvel TV and Studios means will never see Lockjaw on the big screen.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #264
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
As with Daredevil and Runaways I think Inhumans works better as TV show than a movie. Royal drama is a better fit for serialized storytelling than a two hour feature and I am glad that ABC is remaining in business with Marvel.

My biggest concerns are if the budget for a miniseries, even one with IMAX backing, will be sufficient to display the Royal Family's spectacular powers. And if the division between Marvel TV and Studios means will never see Lockjaw on the big screen.
Well Kevin Feige told us that TV and Movies will Collide some day so who Knows!?

Old 05-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #265
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

Hopefully they will look much better live but on that promotional shot they aren't even TV quality!

Old 05-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #266
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Apparently IMax screenings of gotg included the trailer for inhumans.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #267
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

than i hope it will leak somehow

Old 05-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #268
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Usually, this would be online now. But right now, its weird that they are still holding off the footage when the hype for the new fall shows is starring to dwindle by now and I feel like, they should maximize the word out there that this show is coming out in a few months by not holding off the teaser so late. Its weird, the Friday timeslot, the trailer only accessible for IMAX goers for now. Eh. I feel like they need to win us over from the EW photo, but this is another head scratcher.

There is really no reason not release to it by now. Cloak & Dagger is coming out next year and the trailer is already out there. The Gifted looks cheap imo but the trailer is out there. Unless like Runaways, it doesn't look very presentable yet to them and maybe they need to do more post-prod stuff to release a trailer that is worth uploading on YouTube. I don't know. It's very odd.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #269
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Usually, this would be online now. But right now, its weird that they are still holding off the footage when the hype for the new fall shows is starring to dwindle by now and I feel like, they should maximize the word out there that this show is coming out in a few months by not holding off the teaser so late. Its weird, the Friday timeslot, the trailer only accessible for IMAX goers for now. Eh. I feel like they need to win us over from the EW photo, but this is another head scratcher.

There is really no reason not release to it by now. Cloak & Dagger is coming out next year and the trailer is already out there. The Gifted looks cheap imo but the trailer is out there. Unless like Runaways, it doesn't look very presentable yet to them and maybe they need to do more post-prod stuff to release a trailer that is worth uploading on YouTube. I don't know. It's very odd.
I would venture a guess that ABC will release the trailer once the NBA finals start, which I believe they televise. That is just over a week away.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:44 AM   #270
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
It does look Tv-ish so as the costumes for Elektra and Punisher, so I find them quite cheap looking.

Anyway, once Marvel TV gets their $ together and produce costumes that look like could appear in a MCU movie, they'd get their sign of approval from me. But right now, I am not jumping in joy that these characters are gracing our TV screens wearing cheap looking costumes.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #271
metaphysician
Side-Kick

. . .what about the DD costume *doesn't* look movie grade? What, exactly, would you expect to be changed on it if he were to be shown in a movie?

I mean, I'm not going to disagree about the glances at the Inhumans we've seen, or most everyone on AoS not named "Ghost Rider", but I just don't see it as Daredevil goes.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #272
I Am The Knight
Pray for DC fans.

The DD costume is fine. If anything, it's a little over designed...Could imagine it featuring in a Nolan Bat flick.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630! / Ɉ
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #273
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
. . .what about the DD costume *doesn't* look movie grade? What, exactly, would you expect to be changed on it if he were to be shown in a movie?
The red costume from Marvel Heroes videogame.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:54 AM   #274
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Daredevils costume is a little over designed but it is still movie quality.

The Punisher's look is fine. He wears a bulletproof vest with a skull spray painted on it. Outside of wearing black with some white gloves and boots that is pretty much the Punisher's look throughout most of his comic history. His look is very simple.

I like Elektra's defenders costume.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:42 AM   #275
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Daredevils costume is a little over designed but it is still movie quality.
Yeah, I think the material is fine (that being said, they had to somewhat redesign it last minute since the first one didn't screentest well, so we don't know how things look on a big screen). But I do wish it was simplified. All the random black crap just shows me they're afraid of the comic costume and think it'll only work if it's busier. I wish, at a minimum, they had two shades of red. I know they don't want it to show in the dark, but a lighter red on the currently red parts would do wonders in not making the costume look purple at night.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote