The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #826
InCali
I'm getting a pUpgrade!

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
The promotion on this film is gonna BLOW away anything prior. You have like a dozen true A-listers and even more respected veteran supporting/character actors. I can't even imagine how big the premiere will be, but I'm def gonna go to the LA one.
Where are you going to go? I generally go to The Chinese IMAX theater in Hollywood for movies like this one. I take off a half day on Friday and see the first show. It's generally less crowded (The big exception being the 5am showing I went and saw when SW:TFA opened) and I can have breakfast at Loew's before going. I wish they hadn't taken the endless mimosas off the menu, but I think I was primarily responsible for it happening.

www.cloudvistas.com
Old 05-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #827
InCali
I'm getting a pUpgrade!

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Is it accurate that Infinity War is being shot in 3D with 3D cameras? If so, Marvel is gettin more more money outta than usual when it hits theaters
They are using the IMAX 2D camera to show A 3 and 4 is what I've heard. The Russos used it for part of CA:CW too. Good experience I suppose.

www.cloudvistas.com
Old 05-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #828
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoMoria View Post
That was a deliberate choice by the Russos.
Yes. I'm aware. Still doesn't make the disappointment go away. And btw since when are "deliberate choices" not supposed to be criticized? The road to hell is paved with deliberate choices.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #829
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

Quote:
For the last fricking time TWS and CW evoke political thrillers like Parallax View and the Bourne Trilogy. That was a deliberate choice by the Russos.

Guardians colors are also a deliberate choice by Gunn. Thge one is a zany space opera and the other is a political action thriller. The choice makes sense and if it ws the other way it would be jarring and out of place. CW couldn't have Guardians colors because it doesn't fit the movie...
I personally don't have that much of a problem with how Marvel movies look. But while I agree that different movies require different visual styles that doesn't mean that they couldn't make a genuine spy thriller and still make it a great looking movie. TDK trilogy tries to be very realistic and still looks great.

MCU: 1. CA: TWS 2. The Avengers 3. GOTG 4. Iron Man 5. Civil War
DC: 1. TDK 2. TDKR 3. Wonder Woman 4. Batman Begins
X-Men: 1. X2 2. DOFP 3. Logan 4. First Class 5. Deadpool
Old 05-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #830
TyBig
Side-Kick

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUQS1wPBxrh/?hl=en

Old 05-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #831
InCali
I'm getting a pUpgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Oh View Post
I personally don't have that much of a problem with how Marvel movies look. But while I agree that different movies require different visual styles that doesn't mean that they couldn't make a genuine spy thriller and still make it a great looking movie. TDK trilogy tries to be very realistic and still looks great.
And was shot by Nolan using very different cameras. If we're using TDK trilogy (not so much BB which happened to be my fav) as the yardstick, no one is keeping up.

www.cloudvistas.com
Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #832
liveman789
Side-Punch

I really hope they let the Russos make this movie as long as they want. Let it be 3 hours. I don't get why Disney is afraid to do this. LotR and HP films did damn well for their lengths. We don't need AoU again, even though I enjoyed it.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #833
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post
Where are you going to go? I generally go to The Chinese IMAX theater in Hollywood for movies like this one. I take off a half day on Friday and see the first show. It's generally less crowded (The big exception being the 5am showing I went and saw when SW:TFA opened) and I can have breakfast at Loew's before going. I wish they hadn't taken the endless mimosas off the menu, but I think I was primarily responsible for it happening.
I've never been to a film premiere before so I haven't a clue. But whatever they hold it in LA, I definitely will be there to soak it in.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #834
KevTravels
Side-Kick

You guys if the Avengers had been filmed in say the 80's or 90's who do you think would have been cast in the roles?

Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #835
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post
And was shot by Nolan using very different cameras. If we're using TDK trilogy (not so much BB which happened to be my fav) as the yardstick, no one is keeping up.
David Fincher shoots his movies on digital and they look beautiful, sorry but there is no excuse for Marvel. It's clear that cinematography is not that much of a priority for them.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:17 AM   #836
Johnny-Oh
"You got heart, kid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
I really hope they let the Russos make this movie as long as they want. Let it be 3 hours. I don't get why Disney is afraid to do this. LotR and HP films did damn well for their lengths. We don't need AoU again, even though I enjoyed it.
It depends on wheter the Russos want to make a movie that long or not, it would be a mistake to force them to make a longer movie if they don't think the story needs it.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:14 AM   #837
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'm not sure this movie necessarily needs to be three hours. Also, Civil War was just three minutes short of two and a half hours.

You have to be careful with movie length sometimes. When Pirates of the Caribbean got to At World's End, it was close to three hours long. It got way too bloated.

Batman v Superman is also a bit of a slog, even at two and a half hours long, but only a few minutes longer than Civil War.

Quote:
It depends on wheter the Russos want to make a movie that long or not, it would be a mistake to force them to make a longer movie if they don't think the story needs it.
I agree. I don't think there's a fear necessarily. They let them make a much longer movie for Civil War, and they still made over $400 million domestic and over $1.1 billion worldwide. Avengers was almost two and a half hours. The Russos have done a good job so far, let them, the writers, and Feige determine the best course.

But then look at a movie like Lone Ranger which is very flabby and could've used a lot more editing the flab out. Like the framing device for one. Longer movie won't always mean better.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 05-19-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:01 AM   #838
GeckoMoria
Banned User

If Russos believe they need 3 hours to tell the story, Feige will let them. There is no Pelmutter cutting down movies anymore.

Just because some of need 3 hours, it doesn;t mean that the movie itself needs 3 hours. Don't expect character arcs from every character involved. Some of them will be there for the setpieces.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #839
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'm not sure this movie necessarily needs to be three hours. Also, Civil War was just three minutes short of two and a half hours.

You have to be careful with movie length sometimes. When Pirates of the Caribbean got to At World's End, it was close to three hours long. It got way too bloated.

Batman v Superman is also a bit of a slog, even at two and a half hours long, but only a few minutes longer than Civil War.
From what everyone has told me, the extended addition of BvS is a much better movie. That's a movie that needed to be longer, not shorter. That being said, I'm not saying it should have been written for its original length, just that it shouldn't have been chopped up to make shorter. A movie that is well-paced and fun throughout will seem shorter.

With that in mind, the movie should be however long it needs to be. It shouldn't be longer just to make it more of an event and it shouldn't be shorter to get more showings in a night. Back when it was Infinity War parts 1 and 2 this was an easy answer - make it shorter because you have a second movie. Now I don't know for certain how things are going to work.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #840
MbJ
Side-Kick

Synopsis from a licensing magazine.

Quote:
As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment — the fate of the Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #841
JtheDreamer
Slangin Grannys Peach Tea

Quote:
If Russos believe they need 3 hours to tell the story, Feige will let them.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #842
legendkillin
Side-Kick

I am not expecting a 3 hour movie. I still expect both Avenger movies to be connected and that will be close to 6 hours of viewing together.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #843
I Am The Knight
Pray for DC fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post

Hyped.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630! / Ɉ
Old 05-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #844
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

ScreenRant: Avengers: Sebastian Stan is Now Filming His Infinity War Scenes

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #845
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Awesome my thought of Falcon, Cap, Panther, and Bucky being together through most of the movie seems right.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #846
ScarlettW
Side-Kick

Samuel L. Jackson is in Atlanta: https://twitter.com/MCU_Tweets/statu...66433581297665

Looks like Chris Hemsworth is also there: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUPsBgJgryV/

Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #847
Krystal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
I am not expecting a 3 hour movie. I still expect both Avenger movies to be connected and that will be close to 6 hours of viewing together.
You are not expecting it to be 3 hours, but expect both together to be 6 hours.

I'm really not good at math.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:55 PM   #848
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Wait what? So you expect one to be 2 hours and the other 4?

Old 05-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #849
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Just thinking about the enormous cast for IW and the fact that it's a culmination of all the movies prior and featuring a villain people have been waiting years to see, I don't envy Marvel's task in front of them.

I don't know how they're going to seamlessly jam a cast of this size into one 2h 15/30m movie, also introduce the Avengers & Guardians to each other, characterize Thanos, etc. EVERYTHING from writing to directing to editing is going to have to be spot on – holy s***.

Based on their track record if any studio can do it, it's Marvel Studios.

I'm pumped as HELL. The first public trailer should be released sometime in the fourth quarter of this year.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:09 AM   #850
HKpowerup
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
That's what I expected, but it sounds rather generic as the whole fate of the univerise/existence line has been used in countless movies. I still can't wait though. Just under a year left!!

Closed Thread