The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: What do you think of Zack Snyder's visual's?
He makes the best looking comic book movies ever! 35 25.93%
He has his moments 60 44.44%
His visuals are average 13 9.63%
They're not that good 27 20.00%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #276
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Default Re: Zack Snyder's Visuals, Amazing or Trash?

He can be hit or miss at times but overall I think his visuals are really good most of the time. I was disappointed with alot of BvS however, particularly Doomsday, I was shocked at how generic it ended up being, really thought Snyder would nail that character but it looked like random monster #3 from whatever alien/monster movie you want to choose from.

I agree that he can go overboard sometimes, for example some the full CGI set pieces, I felt like he did that more with BvS than MoS and it suffered because of it. I thought Man of Steel was a great looking movie for the most part, where as Batman Vs. Superman was a step back from his usually very good visuals.

So yeah, overall I think he's really good, has had some visuals that are up there with the best I've ever seen but also has times where he goes overboard and some times where they just aren't very good. And I wish he would try to incorporate more practical visuals more often instead of relying on CGI.

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:59 AM   #277
DocHolliday
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
As entertaining as the talk about the batman/superman fight is. We're getting more into the plot stuff, than the visual stuff.

Thoughts on Snyder's CGI characters/costumes designs?

Doomsday a fully CGI character

General Zod in his armor

Cyborg

And Batman in his armor
Zod looked great(as did Man of Steel in general). It's BvS where Snyder lost the plot with the Frank Miller DKR worship. If you're going to make a DKR movie then go all the way instead of shoehorning in a cinematic universe and the death of Superman all into one film.

DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #278
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Zod looked great(as did Man of Steel in general). It's BvS where Snyder lost the plot with the Frank Miller DKR worship. If you're going to make a DKR movie then go all the way instead of shoehorning in a cinematic universe and the death of Superman all into one film.
The movie should have ended with Batman rescuing Martha and he and Superman resolving their difference. And saved Doomsday for the sequel.
The ending fight with Doomsday felt so tacked on and it's only real purpose seemed to be to introduce Wonder Woman.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #279
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Especially when it was only his second movie and Superman had not earned such a dramatic death yet.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #280
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Poll was skewed to the negative so I was forced to vote for he makes the best CBMs.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:31 AM   #281
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post
He can be hit or miss at times but overall I think his visuals are really good most of the time. I was disappointed with alot of BvS however, particularly Doomsday, I was shocked at how generic it ended up being, really thought Snyder would nail that character but it looked like random monster #3 from whatever alien/monster movie you want to choose from.

I agree that he can go overboard sometimes, for example some the full CGI set pieces, I felt like he did that more with BvS than MoS and it suffered because of it. I thought Man of Steel was a great looking movie for the most part, where as Batman Vs. Superman was a step back from his usually very good visuals.

So yeah, overall I think he's really good, has had some visuals that are up there with the best I've ever seen but also has times where he goes overboard and some times where they just aren't very good. And I wish he would try to incorporate more practical visuals more often instead of relying on CGI.
Agree on Doomsday, the look has grown on me a little over time but he could have looked so much better being closer to the comics.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(12)Alien Covenant-7(13)Ghost In The Shell-7(14)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(15)The Dark Tower-4(16)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:49 AM   #282
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
BvS is more complex in a sense, that I like what Snyder does with non-CGI stuff, but at the same time I strongly dislike his color grading, which turns impressive set and costume designs, as well as camera work, into something lifeless, artificial, drab and unpleasant. Faces look like faces of recently diseased people.
I completely agree with this. He knows how to frame a shot, that's obvious. But when that starts to get compounded with lots of CG and overdone color grading, it starts to get that video game feel that just creates a disconnect for me.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote