The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #826
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Yep but you know superheroes should have muscles in everywhere.
I guess my standards just aren't as high as all of these perfect adonises on SuperHeroHype.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #827
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

It's strange, there will be endless posts on each minuscule detail about the Batsuit or Superman's hair, but some people seem to get quite antsy to see any discussion about the actor's physique. I don't really understand that double-standard. The build is as much of the character as anything else. Considering what Jackman, Evans, Hemsworth, and of course, Cavill have done in that department, why is it so bad to expect any less from Batman himself?

Sure, you can say the acting is whats most important, but why is the batsuit that much more important than how the actor looks outside the suit?

Especially when people refer to posters who want to talk about it (in the Ben Affleck as Batman thread) as "perfect adonises", or request for all posts relevant to that topic to be removed...

I just don't think it's fair for everyone. If you don't want to talk about a subject, you don't have to. But you don't have to belittle others either.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #828
SuperInfidelX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Especially when people refer to posters who want to talk about it (in the Ben Affleck as Batman thread) as "perfect adonises"
I've seen those snide remarks. When you're critical of his physique you get the, "Oh, you must be a 300lb bodybuilder or perfect adonis." In that case, anybody critiquing the acting in a movie has to be an Oscar winner them self. That's just a stupid argument. To me, an actor looking the part is just as important as his/her acting in regard to fitting a role. And lately they've been raising the bar in the dedication to physically looking the part.

On Ben's physique, some people are harder to impress than others. Some of us may not be 300lb bodybuilders, but are regularly in the gym and see really good physiques every day. Conversely, some people just don't care as much as long as he's not a twig or overweight. C'est la vie.

Last edited by SuperInfidelX; 06-10-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Aliens. Because aliens.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:36 AM   #829
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperInfidelX View Post
I've seen those snide remarks. When you're critical of his physique you get the, "Oh, you must be a 300lb bodybuilder or perfect adonis." In that case, anybody critiquing the acting in a movie has to be an Oscar winner them self. That's just a stupid argument. To me, an actor looking the part is just as important as his/her acting in regard to fitting a role. And lately they've been raising the bar in the dedication to physically looking the part.

On Ben's physique, some people are harder to impress than others. Some of us may not be 300lb bodybuilders, but are regularly in the gym and see really good physiques every day. Conversely, some people just don't care as much as long as he's not a twig or overweight. C'est la vie.
I don't think it's bad that people want to talk about it, but I must be one of the people with lower standards because there have been a few posts saying he's not there yet and I think he looks good. The suit gives him some help as well.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #830
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

I'm a 300lb bodybuilder and Affleck looks great for the part. I'd actually like to be friends with him. We could walk round picking stuff up. It would be fun and physically rewarding at the same time.

Flex.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:01 AM   #831
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Can the last half dozen pages be moved to whatever body building/steroids thread we have on the Hype?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Who gives a **** how Stallone and Arnie look these days? Is this not the Batfleck thread?

Old 06-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #832
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I can't wait to see a pic of Ben as Bruce Wayne.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #833
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

^ I think he may surprise a lot of people (in a good way) when all is said and done.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #834
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed

Old 06-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #835
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I sure hope he does

YOUTUBE
I ship Reek and one of the DSs of the Hype

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:35 AM   #836
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I think yapping on about an actors hair or body is equally as baffling and hilariously ridiculous. Considering we haven't got a single frame of footage yet...the only indicator on how Bruce Wayne/Batman will look is the suit reveal picture, that's how he'll look, looking at and judging pictures of Ben/Gal/Henry walking around isn't just pointless, but it's creepy as well.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Old 06-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #837
Rowsdower!
Banned User

The thing is, for the most part, the only time Ben needs to be ULTRA-ripped are scenes where he appears shirtless or in a tank top. Other than that, as long as he stays reasonably built, it won't really matter. The suit will essentially do the rest of the work.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #838
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're being judgmental. It's not your place to ask if it's okay, or to call it unfortunate. It's within his rights. Besides, he isn't playing Superman and he's not the posterboy for any humanitarian organization. He doesn't have to worry about whether he's sending the right message.

If anything, you should be more worried about Henry Cavill and his self-admitted drinking habit. He's playing Superman, the pinnacle of righteousness. Yet we see him at bars quite frequently. There are even pics of him where he is clearly hammered. Yet you choose to judge the 67 year old Stallone for taking gear to have that body at that age? Not fair.

I myself would never, ever even consider taking steroids and I have my reasons for that. I also don't think its right to judge a nearly 70 year old man for taking them (which is not even confirmed). Sly looks great and he's having a blast doing all this Expendables stuff in his twilight years. I won't judge him for it.
I don't know where you live, but in the United States, it is illegal to own, possess, use, sell, or distribute anabolic steroids without a doctor's perscription (http://www.m.webmd.com/fitness-exerc...for-you?page=1) and I have just as much a right to speak out about that as any health care professional would since most of them are on my side on this.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #839
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I don't know where you live, but in the United States, it is illegal to own, possess, use, sell, or distribute anabolic steroids without a doctor's perscription (http://www.m.webmd.com/fitness-exerc...for-you?page=1) and I have just as much a right to speak out about that as any health care professional would since most of them are on my side on this.
You have no proof or evidence that he's taking something illegal.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #840
horrorwriter
Bad Moon Books

Quote:
You have no proof or evidence that he's taking something illegal.
He has already admitted to it, Number1.

He is obviously taking them Number 2. (Look again at the pic. In the Gym he has tears in his external obliques and rectus abdominals. The old skin is forming over those. I've been a weightlifter for many years and two things are a factor at his age to look that jacked. It's almost impossible no matter what somatype you are even if you're mesomorphic at that age, unless supplimentation is a factor.

And number#3...who really gives a damn. I'm happy Affleck won't look like this most likely. He will look like a real human being in physical shape. Not an alien God. I'm perfectly fine with no six pack abs etc for Ben. In real life, most of those guys in the Gym are so attuned to just getting chicks and are actually not that strong. Big arms, broad chest, tree trunk torso slightly V-shaped is the way to go for Bats. Judging by the pictures of Affleck in the suit, he looks great.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #841
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorwriter View Post

He is obviously taking them Number 2. (Look again at the pic. In the Gym he has tears in his external obliques and rectus abdominals. The old skin is forming over those. I've been a weightlifter for many years and two things are a factor at his age to look that jacked. It's almost impossible no matter what somatype you are even if you're mesomorphic at that age, unless supplimentation is a factor.

And number#3...who really gives a damn. I'm happy Affleck won't look like this most likely. He will look like a real human being in physical shape. Not an alien God. I'm perfectly fine with no six pack abs etc for Ben. In real life, most of those guys in the Gym are so attuned to just getting chicks and are actually not that strong. Big arms, broad chest, tree trunk torso slightly V-shaped is the way to go for Bats. Judging by the pictures of Affleck in the suit, he looks great.
I think he looks like a beast in the suit. At 6'4" he would be quite intimidating.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #842
Pre 52 Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
I'm a 300lb bodybuilder and Affleck looks great for the part. I'd actually like to be friends with him. We could walk round picking stuff up. It would be fun and physically rewarding at the same time.

Flex.
I want spoon pictures. NOW.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #843
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre 52 Batman View Post
I want spoon pictures. NOW.
Would you like me to be the big spoon or the little spoon? Random request, but I'll play along.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #844
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

I forgot how much I loved Eggy's posts.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #845
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Quote:
why is the batsuit that much more important than how the actor looks outside the suit?
[1 mark]

Because the actor wears the Batsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I forgot how much I loved Eggy's posts.
Me too, but I thought he was banned. Happy days!

Old 06-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #846
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
[1 mark]

Because the actor wears the Batsuit.
I don't get how that makes it more important...

Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #847
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Because, as the thing on the outside, light will reflect off the Batsuit rather than the actor within. This will mean that it is more visible to us.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #848
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorwriter View Post
Has he?

I'd be very interested to watch/read that admission.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #849
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Because, as the thing on the outside, light will reflect off the Batsuit rather than the actor within. This will mean that it is more visible to us.
He's not going to be in the batsuit the entire time. His body is as important as his hairstyle, voice, "playboy" personality, etc etc. It's a part of the character.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #850
regwec
Make Mine Marble

I don't think it's as important as his 'personality'. That's all embracing. His body is just an emanation of that. We probably won't get a Daniel Craig style trunks scene, anyway.

Closed Thread