The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Wonder Woman > Wonder Woman Sequels

Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 AM   #126
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Possible Wonder Woman sequel?

Oh well they're doing it.

It's ok for two movies to be set in the same time. So many movies are set in world war 2 for example

Old 08-01-2017, 06:43 AM   #127
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is it such a good idea to go with the 80s setting? Atomic Blonde just had that setting near the end of the Cold War. Would this feel too much of a repeat of that? WW purposely didn't repeat the WWII setting as it would've been reminiscent of the First Avenger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Oh well they're doing it.

It's ok for two movies to be set in the same time. So many movies are set in world war 2 for example
I was thinking about Atomic Blonde too.

I don't see a problem. Though they could be set in a similar era they would be very different movies. THR even has an article comparing the two:

The true contrast between Wonder Woman & Atomic Blonde is in their differing tones: sincerity vs. cynicism

There are a lot of spy thrillers, Cold War movies etc. I actually like those settings for movies and all the political intrigue. But even those can be very different from each other, from comedy to drama to James Bond etc. So while the genre could be similar I think WW would have a very different plot and setting.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 08-01-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:14 AM   #128
Steelsheen
The Geekeratti of Nerdom

im kinda wondering whats going on with the negotiations about Patty officially being the director for WW2. for lack of a better term, my spidey sense is tingling-- it feels like a power play where the studio is being an ******* again.

and yeah i know Jon Watts is in similar status with Spiderman, but #realtalk--Jon is a man, Patty is a woman. historically speaking they always try to cheapen the deal with women. infuriatingly so

somethings going on and i dont like it...

xxxMADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE PU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxH
Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #129
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
im kinda wondering whats going on with the negotiations about Patty officially being the director for WW2. for lack of a better term, my spidey sense is tingling-- it feels like a power play where the studio is being an ******* again.

and yeah i know Jon Watts is in similar status with Spiderman, but #realtalk--Jon is a man, Patty is a woman. historically speaking they always try to cheapen the deal with women. infuriatingly so

Oh dear...I hope not.

Another thing about WW and Atomic Blonde- WW is the behemoth franchise here, not Atomic Blonde

If WW wants to be a spy in Russia wearing this:

then she will bloody well do it!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #130
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post

Yes. Negotiations are going on. I imagine if there were real shenanigans going on, this would've started before the first film and chances are we wouldn't have had Jenkins, but someone else directing, maybe even a man. Jenkins produced a successful, well-received film. Not just good for the DCEU, but WB as well.

She has the upper hand and can easily barter for more, and given the goodwill she's no doubt earned both from WB and the public for creating a solid film and origin story, the ball is in WB's court and they'd be insane to let her go, same when Matt Reeves initially walked away from The Batman negotiations. It's a tug-of-war game with these Hollywood types. Not to mention that scenes like No Man's Land got to stay in when we know that executives initially didn't like them.

I don't see sexism as part of the equation, really. If anything, WB is just waiting for Jenkins to confirm how many truckloads of money she'll want. She's got the upper hand and WB knows it, because after what she did with the first film, her NOT being involved in some capacity, directing, writing or otherwise, won't go over well with the public. And the last thing WB needs is another DCEU PR nightmare, especially for Wonder Woman.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #131
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I think WB not only needs Patty Jenkins to direct WW2, but also the name Patty Jenkins attached to the movie. She has become a huge heavy hitter and the name synonymous with women breaking the glass ceiling in Hollywood. Her name alone carries weight, and having that attached to the movie will give it added prestige, particularly if she is Oscar nominated for best director (or even wins somehow).

I'd say she carries the same kind of weight that Christopher Nolan did for the Dark Knight series and even after, where they wanted him overseeing the start of the DCEU. It's not just WB/DC's Wonder Woman now but also Patty Jenkins's Wonder Woman, at least to the public eye.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #132
Black Narcissus
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Please god.

Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #133
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’

http://deadline.com/2017/08/patty-je...-2-1202151303/

Quote:
Why the delay? Because Jenkins — who was lauded repeatedly during the Women in Film Crystal Awards this year by several of its nominees — expects to be paid substantially more and the same as a male director would receive after such a box office coup. That desire was seconds away from becoming a reality on Thursday evening as a deal was being finalized which would elevate her as the highest-paid female director in town.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #134
jmc
away for a while

The fact it's taken this long to negotiate this is ridiculous.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 AM   #135
Black Narcissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
The fact it's taken this long to negotiate this is ridiculous.
Bruh, my neighbor had to wait 6 months to get approve building his pool. Now you talking about a historic millions involve deal here. lol

Old 08-22-2017, 02:55 AM   #136
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yeah. I've been asking my government for marriage equality for twelve years now and I'm really no closer than when I started. Hopefully all good things take time

Old 08-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #137
moviefreak
Jalwah tree loiter

Latest TotalFilm:

"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed the Universe of the Centauri and carved their bones into little flutes for Narn children. It is a dream I have." --G'Kar, Midnight on the Firing Line
The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5
moviefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #138
Blitzkrieg
Big A$$ Dragon

Old 09-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #139
Black Narcissus

I bet the supporting cast for the sequel will be more known names this time around.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:07 AM   #140
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised. It's established now plus I'm sure Patty has been hobnobbing with all the right people since the first one came out

Old 09-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #141
Black Narcissus

Borys Kit? @Borys_Kit 12m12 minutes ago
More
Excl: Dave Callaham, the writer of THE EXPENDABLES, joins @PattyJenks & @geoffjohns to write WONDER WOMAN 2

Old 09-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #142
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Also wrote the recent Godzilla and touched up Ant-Man.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #143
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

I wasn't impressed by Godzilla so it will be interesting.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #144
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I wasn't impressed by Godzilla so it will be interesting.
It's hard to get an idea of this guy's work because he wrote the story for Godzilla but not the screenplay. Same with The Expendables, which seemed to have been changed significantly by Stallone (and writing credit got a bit messy there.)

I might check out some of his older work.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:07 AM   #145
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh I loved Godzilla so I'm happier with that than the expendables. Although let's be honest, the human characters were the worst part of that and a lot of the epic ness probably came from Lindelof and Evans.

It's a shame they didn't get a woman to write it. That's part of why the last one was so celebrated

Old 09-17-2017, 02:24 AM   #146
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

It's a shame they didn't get a woman to write it. That's part of why the last one was so celebrated
Well, Patty is writing it and I think she needs a writing partner like Callaham to handle more the technical side of writing the screenplay, while collaborating on ideas.

Callaham seems to have quite a bit of experience with big movies, including action movies. He also co-wrote the screenplays for the upcoming movies "Mortal Kombat" and "Zombieland 2."

I managed to see the pilot episode of "Jean Claude Van Johnson", which Dave Callaham wrote. It is about Jean Claude Van Damme actually secretly being a Black Ops agent, using his movie stardom as a cover. (Starring the real JCVD.) He goes off on missions while making movies. It was pretty good, for what it was (action/comedy TV).

Old 09-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #147
Blitzkrieg
Big A$$ Dragon

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/18...and-the-oscars

Quote:
“I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero,” Jenkins says of her follow-up plans. “I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film.
Those are the kind of words I wanna hear. Standalone CBMs are music to my ears.