Infinity War!

Default Re: The Gifted General Discussion

Interesting looking shots.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #278
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

Quote:
... Love It! Listen, we get it. Imagining a multi-season marriage to a show after only seeing the pilot is a little unrealistic, but sometimes it's just love at first watch. This is the show you'll be daydreaming about. The one you'll casually, but consistently, mention in conversations with your coworkers. The show you'll proudly introduce to your parents and then beam when they gush all about how wonderful it is and how right you were.

Date It: OK, so you may not feel those head-over-heels, "OMG this is the best show ever!" sparks right away, but that doesn’t mean that this small screen relationship doesn’t have long-term potential. If you're not ready for a full-season commitment after the third date (Ahem, we mean episode), then part ways on good terms and give polite nods to each other from across the TV guide.

Leave It: We're going to try and put this as gently as possible: change the channel and never look back. If this show was a Tinder date, it would start the night off by criticizing your outfit, aggressively mispronounce half the wine list, then pretend it forgot its wallet and bail out the bathroom window.

MARVEL SHOWS

Marvel's The Gifted (Oct. 2 on Fox) – Love It!

Marvel's Runaways (Nov. 21 on Hulu) – Date It

Marvel's Inhumans
(Sept. 29 on ABC) – Leave It

Oh, Marvel -- it's quite the sizzle to fizzle spectrum you've assembled this fall. Marvel's The Gifted on Fox is a family-friendly triumph that perfectly blends heart with heart-pounding action. On the other hand, Marvel's Inhumans, which has already flopped its theatrical IMAX release, will make you cringe from start to finish. Meanwhile, on Marvel's The Runaways, Hulu packs a super-powered amount of exposition into its two-hour premiere, and the introduction of 15+ characters is enough to make you want to runaway from your screen -- but stick with it! Runaways has the potential to be Hulu's teen drama answer to Riverdale but with less brooding and more badass powers. ...

PSINGRAPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #279
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #280
Ryan1210
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They aren't the Fenris twins. The Strucker surname is the only thing that they have in common. Oh wait hair color too. And if they are, its horribly unfaithful to the source material. They aren't even twins here.
I wouldn't say they are the Fenris if Natalie Alyn Lind didn't post a photo of them on instagram and the official account of The Gifted didn't post a picture of her in the Fenris costume. Just my speculation anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
Yeah, the casting of Sharon Gless definitely caught my attention, and her playing a Strucker matriarch just makes it all the more interesting. She's a real good character actor at this point, and her inhabiting this role should make for a compelling watch.

Ryan1210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #281
Ryan1210
Side-Kick

Ryan1210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #282
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Whoa, knew Fox liked this but not this much. Glad everyone is liking this too, and hope they can fill out the season without too much filler.

Also, glad to see those mutant inhibitor collars. Reminds me of what we've been seeing DP2 set pics. Probably unconnected but you never know with these mutant detention facilities and response divisions popping up everywhere.

Smilodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #283
Darepool
King of Cinema

Smart. The networks need to change their model.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #284
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
Whoa, knew Fox liked this but not this much. Glad everyone is liking this too, and hope they can fill out the season without too much filler.

Also, glad to see those mutant inhibitor collars. Reminds me of what we've been seeing DP2 set pics. Probably unconnected but you never know with these mutant detention facilities and response divisions popping up everywhere.
Number one promoted show last week. 207 million ad impressions at a 4 million dollar estimated value last week. Fox TV's CEO in his last interview is heavily backing on The Gifted being a potential Game of Thrones level success for Fox.

Promo Mojo: Fox Gifts ‘The Gifted’ With 207 Million Ad Impressions

If I was a Fox exec based on how the show was trending this Summer I would have gone for more eps to cover two sweeps months for my network, the showrunner wanted 13 to start.

Quote:
What’s your most improved time slot this fall?

Newman, Fox: Monday night at 9, with The Gifted, stands to improve quite a bit.

You’ve all been touting your delayed viewing numbers, but how do you get audiences to keep watching on linear?

Newman, Fox: We try to do shows that have a level of urgency. The Gifted, which is quite serialized, is an example. People don’t want friends at work to spoil what happened when you’re telling serialized stories. Shows like that actually hit a sweet spot, because they both lend themselves to urgency, but also are a great joy to binge. So you can have your cake and eat it, too.

Finish this sentence: Advertisers will love this season because …

Newman, Fox: Our Fox shows are unique. I don’t think you’re going to see anything like The Orville anywhere else. Ghosted is a big-swing comedy. The Gifted is going to give people a little bit of that genre feel, but is basically a family show. So we think we have shows that will play to a broad audience, and hopefully they’re going to be happy with our results.

http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/can-n...ings-declines/
Fox TV's CEO betting big that The Gifted will break out with the general public in a way out of all the comic TV shows only Walking Dead has done in modern times.

jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 PM   #285
Smilodon
Side-Kick

I hope this means we get episodes as expensive as the pilot. If this breaks out like TWD...holy moly.

Smilodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:31 AM   #286
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

OMG, you guys, it's getting SO close now & I'm SO X-cited! LOVE this write-up:

Quote:
... From 'The Punisher' to the return of 'Curb,' mutant superheroes to a brand new 'Star Trek' series – here's what you'll be watching this season ...

... 'The Gifted' (Oct. 2)

Fox

Because why should mutants just be for the multiplex? Fox brings its ace-in-the-hole Marvel property – the X-Men franchise – to the small screen with this tale of two parents (Angel's Amy Acker and True Blood's Stephen Boyd) who discover their kids are Homo superiors and take them on the lam. Luckily for them, there's an underground community of similarly genetically blessed folks who take them in and keep them from being terminated with extreme prejudice by anti-mutant government officials. Longtime comic-book readers will be giddy to see some vintage X-favorites (Polaris! Thunderbird!) show up; everyone else will simply thrill to the fact that, with Bryan Singer directing some episodes and onboard as an executive producer, this feels like just like an X-blockbuster on the small screen. DF ...
Like the descriptive use of "ace-in-the-hole", in regards to the X IP, and "vintage" for the likes of Lorna & T-bird.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #287
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

review for the gifted
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-gifted-review-fox/

Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #288
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

Quote:
... First impression: Television doesn’t need more superhero stories, but “The Gifted” proves its worth with a pilot episode that’s thrilling, smart and offers just enough reason to come back for more. The “X-Men” mutants story is full of possibilities with stories of inclusion, discrimination and the family you make for yourself, and “The Gifted” seems poised to touch on those issues in really interesting ways. The first episode has a familial nature to it as one nuclear family collides with a makeshift community of outsiders, setting each up to need the other to survive. The acting is good, the special effects aren’t cringeworthy and a final twist is heart pounding. In a fall when most of the new series are lacking in much substance, “The Gifted” feels like a light in the dark. ...

... Reporter Hunter Ingram can be reached at 910-343-2327 or Hunter.Ingram@StarNewsOnline.com. Hunter is a member of the Television Critics Association.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #289
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

THE
GiFTED*NewMUTANTS*X-Men:D.P
Old 09-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #290
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
I hope this means we get episodes as expensive as the pilot. If this breaks out like TWD...holy moly.
I don't think it will, but maybe better costumes and more characters from.the comics could make a difference.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #291
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

WOW! Best damn review yet, IMO. So many things he mentions & addresses, are X-actly what I was hoping for, almost like he's confirmin' my X-pectations. Here's some highlights, that I took particular notice of:

Quote:
Recaps & Reviews: X-Men; Sep 22, 2017; Craig Byrne, Editor-In-Chief...

...what especially works... is that these characters would be interesting even if they weren’t characters known by comic book fans for decades.

... There is a danger of... being a series about “hardened mutants in jeopardy” and “a family with two teens;” by the end of the pilot episode, that difference seems to converge. ... for the pilot, at least, it is working. It is that convergence that makes the title of the show work so well: I was curious why the series wasn’t just called “X-Men” which would surely have been more marketable, but no: This isn’t just about the superheroes. This is about the folks who are gifted with these abilities. To call it “The X-Men” would take away half of what makes this show what it is. Now I understand. ...

... kind of hate that the pilot episode is so good that I’m going to have to wait a week to find out what happens next. Darn you, show, for being so engrossing. ...

... Ultimately, The Gifted is the kind of TV show Marvel should have made when they first started with their studio, and it’s interesting that it took a FOX collaboration to make something that works so well. It’s unlike Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in that from the get-go it featured characters from the comic books that people know and love, and it has characters and situations that are identifiable to the general audience; not many of us are also spies or fly around in a Helicarrier, not that there’s anything wrong with that. It’s also unlike the Marvel Netflix shows, many of which are brilliant but are not series that you’d allow a ten year old to see. It’s also unlike DC’s TV offerings, especially those on The CW, in that there are no costumes and I don’t think there will be, at least not for a while, and that’s okay. It’s an early Smallville/Heroes approach where you don’t need tights or a mask to be a hero, which means, again, that you don’t have to be a comic book fan to enjoy it. ...

... It was my favorite pilot of the 2017-2018 TV season that I’ve seen so far, and I have a feeling that if people find it, it’s going to be something huge. ...
High praise, indeed.

THE
Old 09-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #292
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Liked this review too, made it sound pretty ambitious & that it'll be jugglin' a lot of balls, plot-wise. As long as they're not danglin' endlessly, and get resolved or at least progress (in a timely manner), we're good. There is such a thing as having too much on your plate, after all.

THE
Old Today, 07:18 PM   #293
PSINGRAPHD
SuperHeroinE Addict

We got us another shot in the arm, this time from...

Quote:
...there’s much more at play for the network’s first X-Men series. ...

... there are revenue sources to be had beyond the linear and immediate time-shifted.

The Gifted has the potential to be a major international asset... It’s a show with vertical integration written all over it. So, even if the premiere doesn’t catch right away, don’t assume Fox will be ready to dump the series just yet. ...

... Fox is hoping to branch out even further with... a primetime action/adventure series that, if successful, will cement the X-Men franchise’s place on the small screen. ...

... it’s an amalgamation of different comic elements mashed together to create something new. ...

... It can become a show with a rabid fanbase that will eat up whatever crazy twist creator-showrunner Matt Nix wants to throw their way.

Based on the premiere, there’s every reason to believe The Gifted can become something big. A show that can spawn a dozen shows. Fox’s Arrow, in many respects. If this works, we could be looking at many more mutant-themed programs to come from the house Homer Simpson built. ...
Makes it sound like there's A LOT riding on this show, and it seems that it delivers. Only question is now, will enough of the GA tune in at first to see it? And if not, will word of mouth & positive buzz compensate over time, so it can grow into at least a sleeper hit? I sure hope so!... Gotta think positive, gotta think positive, GOTTA THINK POSITIVE!!!

THE