The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Punisher

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #501
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
I wouldn't mind having Frank go up against a super human at some point. It would be very interesting to see how someone very grounded like Punisher would fight a person like. Still love The Russian sequence in the Thomas Jane movie. And it would also be great to see his reaction to a situation like the Defenders.

Besides that I agree that Punisher should be in his own sphere.
The iconic version of this is Frank Castle vs Ulik the Rock Troll. The Punisher vs a Thor villain went about as well as you'd expect. Which is to say, he spent an entire issue valiantly doing absolutely nothing against Ulik, until Ulik actually acknowledged his valor, and that he was going to Valhalla after Ulik killed Frank.

Then Thor showed up, natch, but that's how a story like this should go.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM   #502
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I prefer the Punisher going up against grounded villains (organised crime, terrorists, rapists, serial killers, ect).

It is interesting to see him in conflict or reluctantly team up with street level type heroes from time to time but I generally don't enjoy seeing the Punisher go up against costumed supervillains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Not coincidentally, I am a much bigger fan of those kind of ( generally pre-Ennis ) stories. Ennis gets praise, but for all intents and purposes he was writing a new character, basically unrelated to the one Miller and Dixon wrote.
Ennis Max Punisher aged real time and didn't exist in the floating 616 Marvel timeline. His Frank Castle was a Vietnam vet who's family was killed in 1976 and had been active as the Punisher for 30 years and killed over 2,000 people.

It is a fifty to sixty something Punisher who had hardened over decades of his one man war on crime.

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #503
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

At about 0:36 in the trailer it looks like the skull is being painted on something other than the vest.
Definitely fabric.

Costume upgrade?

Last edited by Astro13Zombie; Yesterday at 05:24 PM.
Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #504
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
At about 0:36 in the trailer it looks like the skull is being painted on something other than the vest.
Definitely fabric.

Costume upgrade?
I didn't pay that much attention to it, but I just assumed it was a rehash of him making the vest. But if you say it's obvious that the material is different, I'll take your word for it. I mean...I assume they're gonna upgrade costumes slightly in each season, but since DD is the only one not scared to put their main character in his comic digs, I don't have much to judge that on. Their excuse for IF not getting his was because at that point, he wasn't a hero. I'd say at the end of Defenders, he's accepted the responsibility Matt asked him to take up, so I hope that means in S2 we get an IF outfit...along with a better show. I genuinely hope they don't do a damn thing to Matt's. I may be one of the few, but I absolutely love his getup. If anything, if they wanna add the DD to his chest somehow, cool, but other than that it ain't broke.

Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #505
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think he was just spraying it on a new flack jacket.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #506
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

What if the reason why Marvel are keeping the release date a secret is because they know that the series isn't very good and they want to avoid sending out press screeners?

Old Today, 01:07 AM   #507
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
What if the reason why Marvel are keeping the release date a secret is because they know that the series isn't very good and they want to avoid sending out press screeners?
IDK...they seem to be doing a right much to hype the series up. If I recall, they did very little to try and get people excited for IF. To me, everything looks on point. I honestly don't see how you **** up the Punisher, but since we're technically on Punisher 4.0 at this point, I guess it's easier than it looks.

Old Today, 03:30 PM   #508
Sebastos
le professionnel

Trailer is all kinds of awesome, best of the bunch. My anticipation for this is at an all time high.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 PM   #509
Sebastos
le professionnel

https://twitter.com/ThePunisher/stat...83499105067009

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:23 PM   #510
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

I dont think they could mess this up, as long as they stay faithful to the story and not try to stray too far from it...Updating Frank to an Afghanistan/Iraq war veteran instead of Vietnam is fine. But Dont make him an ex cop, ex navy seal, and dont have his family's death take place in the bahamas or wherever the hell they were at. Jon Bernthal's portrayal of the Punisher is the best one we got! Id like to think Marvel wouldnt let that go to waste lol.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote