The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 09-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #876
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Default Re: The General Comic Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Oh yeah I intend to, but I've decided I wanna read everything in order. I have every issue from nr 1 to the end of Miller's run + Born Again. There's a large amount of issues before and after Born Again which have been only partially collected. Thus I am waiting for the Epic line to catch up on those.
I have looked through the Typhoid one just a little bit though and I gotta say I am not impressed by the art, at all. I hope the story is good though.

I also have the Bendis run on standby and I'm dying to get to that one because that is what I call good art.
I understand what you're doing with reading in order. Sometimes that doesn't work out for me but I like doing that when I can. I really liked the art, I think it was some of JRJR's best. But art is subjective, so no problem from me if you don't really care for it. I thought Maleev's art was pretty good, sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on and doesn't flow well. I think Lark, who was on Brubaker's run was much better.

***Wrestling Thread***

2016 SHH WWE PPV Prediction Champion
MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #877
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Pancakes View Post
I understand what you're doing with reading in order. Sometimes that doesn't work out for me but I like doing that when I can. I really liked the art, I think it was some of JRJR's best. But art is subjective, so no problem from me if you don't really care for it. I thought Maleev's art was pretty good, sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on and doesn't flow well. I think Lark, who was on Brubaker's run was much better.
Oh yeah. I actually started by reading the Miller run and Daredevil quickly became one of my favorites so I decided to go back to the beginning and start over from there. It's good the Epic Collection exists because I have been "forced" to pay large amounts of money on (overpriced) single issues from Ebay.
I'm not overly fond of going digital, even though I'm aware that it would be much more cheaper for me and also a lot more simpler.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #878
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Since the Chicago Bears looked like absolute **** today and put me out of a football mood. I decided to watch back to back Titans movies for the first time. JL vs Titans was garbage but Jude's Contract was great.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #879
NDX
Smack Talker Pompadourer!

Quote:
Do you mind sharing your picture? Or at least private message? I'd like to see it.
It's on my instagram, but looking at it now I'm not quite happy with it.

NDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #880
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Since the Chicago Bears looked like absolute **** today and put me out of a football mood. I decided to watch back to back Titans movies for the first time. JL vs Titans was garbage but Jude's Contract was great.
Judas Contract is definitely the most rewatchable of the two and I'm definitely hoping we get more Teen Titans animations with Donna Troy on the team since she appeared at the very end

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
sweetre15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #881
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Judas Contract is definitely the most rewatchable of the two and I'm definitely hoping we get more Teen Titans animations with Donna Troy on the team since she appeared at the very end
Yes to more. How did it do sales wise?

***Wrestling Thread***

2016 SHH WWE PPV Prediction Champion
Old 09-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #882
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Yes to more. How did it do sales wise?
Altogether: $2,591,992

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Tee...tract#tab=more

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 09-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #883
sweetre15
Positive Page

So I've finally finished the last book in the Wonder Woman 25th Anniversary Box Set, Wonder Woman: Blood by Brian Azzarello.

The story is largely about these things

- Zeus is gone and with his throne empty, Hera has decided to start raging war on offspring birthed by Zeus's infidelities and/or people Zeus slept with, which means a woman named Zola is under attack along with Hippolytus and Wonder Woman herself to an extent.

- Apollo, Hades and Poseidon are also not wanting to rule Olympus in Zeus's absence even if it means making some deal with Hera to do so

- Wonder Woman is treated as an outcast due to the story of how she was born from Clay but finds out the truth of her birth and ends up leaving Themyscira in the wake of Aleka and the other amazons' dissension towards her....in midst of all this she finds out that she's actually a product of an affair with Zeus and Hippolytus.

Throughout all the power struggle between the gods, Strife causing Amazons to kill each other and Hera exacting revenge on Hippolyta, Wonder Woman not only forgives her mother despite founding out her and the Amazons were turn to clay and stone but ends up returning from a fight with Hera just to see Zola captured by Hades who holds her to her bargain with Poseidon and Hades to be able to share Hera while both ruling Earth and Olympus.

Definitely an entertaining story but I'm not sure if this is a run I'll continue due to my budget and other characters I want to continue reading.

Score: 7/10

Now if I were to rank the stories in the box set from favorite to least favorite it would be

1. Gods and Mortals

2. The Circle

3. Down To Earth

4. Blood

Nonetheless I can definitely say I've read enough to want to continue with this character...most likely by reading Perez and Rucka's run until Simone's get released in TPB form in volumes.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:14 PM   #884
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Happy to see a new Ragman booking coming out, not sure on the new costume yet. Need to see more of it. I loved the old costume. I loved the Shadowpact team from post-Infinite Crisis and I'm bummed that those characters histories together never happened.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #885
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL

Is this "Metal" storyline in continuity?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #886
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

For those into digital comics, Comixology has a sale right now on a bunch of Batman, Batgirl and Harley Quinn titles. There's a few interesting ones on there for sure.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #887
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

Quote:
Is this "Metal" storyline in continuity?
I believe that it is, especially given the amount of tie-ins.

Speaking of, which I have been mildly disappointed with Nightwing as of late, but in this latest issue, with the tie in to Metal, he was outright balls. Awesome issue.

Last edited by Babillygunn; 09-22-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Babillygunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #888
NDX

I tried to read Metal, but I'm not enough of a Batman fan to stick around to the end. I'll be skipping the tie-ins for the books I do read as well.

Old Today, 07:11 PM   #889
geetard
Rebirth

So, Marvel already revealed that big Legacy #1 spoiler...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Logan is back.

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:00 PM   #890
NDX

Boooooooooooooooo!

Seriously. Boo.