The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #251
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Do they even have anyone else mature enough to take the reins at the lab?
They could have easily have had Harry fill that spot until Barry returned. Just because Iris is slightly more maturer than Cisco and Wally that doesn't mean that she is qualified to lead the group.

Frankly this whole "we are the Flash" line is the single most disrespectful thing that I've heard coming from Iris's mouth regarding Barry's character.

If that line is of any indication on what we can expect from Iris this season, then I am going to call it quits. I did not watch this show to see Iris as the Flash.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #252
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Bah... I get the sense anything Iris does would have you complaining HeroLee

Doing what they did with Iris was the right call. She worked as the leader of that group.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:26 PM   #253
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

It would be one thing if Iris was saying "we (as in She and Barry)" are The Flash but she is saying (from the looks of it) that the entire team is The Flash. Barry wouldn't be as successful as he is if it werent for the people backing him and constantly (and I mean constantly) telling him "run faster Barry!" He needs them just as much as they need him.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #254
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
It would be one thing if Iris was saying "we (as in She and Barry)" are The Flash but she is saying (from the looks of it) that the entire team is The Flash. Barry wouldn't be as successful as he is if it werent for the people backing him and constantly (and I mean constantly) telling him "run faster Barry!" He needs them just as much as they need him.
If she is referring about the entire team then that would be a different story, though one would wonder on why she didn't just say Team Flash instead.

But seeing as how next week is about couple's therapy, I don't think she is referring about the whole grouo.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #255
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
That works if the show was called Team Flash. It's not. Constantly putting down Barry, Wally and Cisco to prop up Iris works if the show is about her. It's not. Barry is unsuccessful because of Iris and the team. A successful Barry doesn't need them. But such is the crazy show we're given. Where a dilettante is a leader for no reason at all, and where a superhero has to be the dunderhead so his girlfriend and a team are "needed". That's what they should call it. If not Team Flash, then it should be The Dunderhead, slowest idiot-speedster alive.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #256
legendkillin
Side-Kick

I am thinking the Speed Force is controlling Barry. No way should he be normal after 1 episode, he has to have some side effect.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #257
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
That works if the show was called Team Flash. It's not. Constantly putting down Barry, Wally and Cisco to prop up Iris works if the show is about her. It's not. Barry is unsuccessful because of Iris and the team. A successful Barry doesn't need them. But such is the crazy show we're given. Where a dilettante is a leader for no reason at all, and where a superhero has to be the dunderhead so his girlfriend and a team are "needed". That's what they should call it. If not Team Flash, then it should be The Dunderhead, slowest idiot-speedster alive.
Since the very first episode Barry has needed a team behind him. It's just like any other big time celeb, there is a face and the people bts that help make the magic happen.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:15 PM   #258
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

FLASH Facts: Samuroids

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:02 AM   #259
AcePair
Newbie First Class

Iris works as the team leader, she was able to make quick smart decisions. And since the show is not interested in reporter Iris this is the next best move.

AcePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 AM   #260
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcePair View Post
Iris works as the team leader, she was able to make quick smart decisions. And since the show is not interested in reporter Iris this is the next best move.
As long as they make her different and not another Felicity or Chloe.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #261
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Since the very first episode Barry has needed a team behind him. It's just like any other big time celeb, there is a face and the people bts that help make the magic happen.
That about sums up the show. Empty suit Barry operated by team flash. This show was and could be better than that. But I guess the writers just enjoy making Barry look bad to prop up team flash. There certainly is a fanbase for this.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #262
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
They could have easily have had Harry fill that spot until Barry returned. Just because Iris is slightly more maturer than Cisco and Wally that doesn't mean that she is qualified to lead the group.

Frankly this whole "we are the Flash" line is the single most disrespectful thing that I've heard coming from Iris's mouth regarding Barry's character.

If that line is of any indication on what we can expect from Iris this season, then I am going to call it quits. I did not watch this show to see Iris as the Flash.
Except Harry is not around. The team when we picked up was down to JUST Iris, Wally, Cisco and Joe, and since the latter 3 were all in the field, there was literally nobody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If she is referring about the entire team then that would be a different story, though one would wonder on why she didn't just say Team Flash instead.

But seeing as how next week is about couple's therapy, I don't think she is referring about the whole grouo.
It's pretty clear she's absolutely saying the royal "we" as in team Flash.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #263
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcePair View Post
I actually like it. It gives her something to do that might have some impact on the show. If they're smart, they'll use her lack of qualifications as a story point.

I wasn't interested in seeing her as another faux Lois Lane, or another damsel in distress. Lets see her make a bad call and have to deal with the ramifications. Or have people not listen to her. This seems to open up the most interesting story options. I'm all for a character who doesn't inherently have all the answers trying to figure things out.

As long as they don't get cold feet and have her go back to the sidelines after a couple episodes. That would just put her back into being useless.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #264
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

If it were clear then nobody would be questioning it. Seriously, cannot wait for Iris to become an even bigger train wreck than she already is.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #265
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
If it were clear then nobody would be questioning it. Seriously, cannot wait for Iris to become an even bigger train wreck than she already is.
iris the train wreck is already becoming more clear to people.of ocurse maybe some are now just more willing to admit it now.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #266
igoogol
Side-Kick

The therapy trailer has a lot of fun but it's derailed by the irrational writing for Iris. Or is she really that clueless about why Barry ran out in the middle of therapy? What happened to they have to be in-snync so people don't get hurt? She tells everyone what to do, but heaven forbid they take action without consulting her at every turn. I don't get why making Iris a self-absorbed ninny is good for the character. She's the pompous airhead family and friends puts up with because they don't want the bother of getting her to do better. So they indulge her, making her the leader when all she does is read the comms which keeps her out of trouble.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #267
Headliner
Side-Kick

Ugh why do I got a feeling Iris is going to drag this entire season down. She's been toxic since season 1.

Headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #268
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Well because it's true. She's on a steady decline to nowhere.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #269
terry78
Will you shut up?!

She's basically always been there to just be the hot love interest but now they wanna change that up.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #270
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

She's gonna kill this show for me just like Olicity killed arrow for me.
At least I liked Felicity Smoak at one point
Iris has always been horrible.

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #271
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I was far more neutrel on iris when flash beguin even though i always liked caitlin but season 3 copletly soured me on iris.she got worse and worse as season3 went on and now even worse in s4.

it's very strange writing.writers seem to know iris isn't liked considering they had cisco speak for us ad the original team flashs cenes yet they double dow on iris crap.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:43 AM   #272
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
Except Harry is not around. The team when we picked up was down to JUST Iris, Wally, Cisco and Joe, and since the latter 3 were all in the field, there was literally nobody else.

It's pretty clear she's absolutely saying the royal "we" as in team Flash.
Harry not being around is something that the writers could have easily changed where he would have stayed around and assume temporary leadership of the crew until Barry returned, as opposed to giving Iris full reigns over the group during Barry's absence.

And even though Harry wasn't around and there was no one left to stay behind STAR Labs to coordinate their crusade, that doesn't mean that Iris should have automatically been given control of the group.

At least with Felicity on "Arrow", she has both several years of experience and the proven intelligence to believably take on such a task. Iris has neither.

Honestly, I actually liked her when she would be a source of comfort and strength that would help Barry get out of his depression at times in the past, but I feel like the show should have focused more in establishing her as someone capable of standing on her own first before they went this route.

And I do hope that Iris meant the entire team because I don't think I could tolerate Iris any more if she really meant just her and Barry regarding that Flash remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
I actually like it. It gives her something to do that might have some impact on the show. If they're smart, they'll use her lack of qualifications as a story point.

I wasn't interested in seeing her as another faux Lois Lane, or another damsel in distress. Lets see her make a bad call and have to deal with the ramifications. Or have people not listen to her. This seems to open up the most interesting story options. I'm all for a character who doesn't inherently have all the answers trying to figure things out.

As long as they don't get cold feet and have her go back to the sidelines after a couple episodes. That would just put her back into being useless.
Well Iris is a journalist in the comics and I feel like they could have and should have further explored that route for her instead of making her the new team captain.

I mean there are a lot of ways that they could have done that without making her into a faux Lois. Heck, we don't really have a Lois (on-screen) for her to be compared to in the first place.

For the last 4 seasons, the only major things that the writers were concerned about regarding Iris's role is who she was pining after and how to place her in the worst possible danger so that Barry could plagued even more on a emotional scale.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:47 AM   #273
Reek
_________

Well... the soundtrack was amazing.... but "do you see how fast he is going?!?!" "no one has ever gone that fast!" followed by him struggling to catch up to a robot flying as fast as a penguin was hilariously bad.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #274
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

man... this thread is a depressing place...

Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 AM   #275
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Seriously though... They should do that on the show. Unite the Flash fandom I say.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ TBC'S THOR: RAGNAROK REVIEW, STRANGER THINGS 2 REVIEW AND DISNEY/FOX RUMORS.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote