The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Legion

Old 04-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #101
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Default Re: LEGION S1E8 - "Chapter 8" (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Kane can I please have this one as an Avatar?

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Wonder Woman-9(5)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(6)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(7)John Wick 2-8(8)Split-8(9)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(10)Alien Covenant-7(11)Ghost In The Shell-7(12)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(13)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #102
Kane52630
#BirdUp

How's this?

Old 04-03-2017, 03:57 AM   #103
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Am I the only one who thought this scene was basically anima and animus?

Old 04-03-2017, 05:02 AM   #104
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
How's this?

As usual Kane its awesome, thanks a lot buddy

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Wonder Woman-9(5)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(6)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(7)John Wick 2-8(8)Split-8(9)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(10)Alien Covenant-7(11)Ghost In The Shell-7(12)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(13)Transformers: The Last Knight-4

Last edited by AVEITWITHJAMON; 04-03-2017 at 05:05 AM.
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #105
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Finally finished the season. I totally get that this is not for everyone and honestly there is a lot in the show that normally would irk the hell out of me but it's all done so well. It was a compelling ride mostly and there were no bad performances. Even though lots of stuff is still quite vague the season's story wraps up with the main story clear enough.

Did anyone else suspect Oliver left not necessarily totally under the Shadow King's total control? He had just gotten the memory of who his wife was back. He also was very adept when it came to his psychic power. I think there is a possibility he knew he was infected by Shadow King and left with it inside of him to protect his wife and the others.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:25 AM   #106
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
I doubt Fox can use SWORD.
So surprisingly, Fox does own the rights to SWORD. Man, that X-Men contract is something! Could be interesting if Hawley plans to use them!

https://twitter.com/JimViscardi/stat...78598766194692

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #107
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, it has to do with Astonishing X-Men, iirc.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #108
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, SWORD was always all about the X-Men, and I'm not sure why anyone thought it'd be with the Avengers, since it is SHIELD affiliated in name only.

I think this episode was a let down. The final conclusion was confusing and contrived, with macguffins all about, and really left David sort of... blank in a way, and the way it ended, with him getting sucked up into a camera thing (WTF? Mojo maybe?) I really felt it was a repeat of the plot of the first season... someone's captured him, he has to break out... it felt grating, even though I suspect they'll have something interesting.

Hopefully less conventions and more answers going forward

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #109
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Yeah, it has to do with Astonishing X-Men, iirc.
I knew SWORD debuted in Astonishing X-Men and have read Whedon's run on it, it's just that I wasn't sure something as modern would be part of the X-Men deal. Obviously we have examples like Angel Salvadore who came right before in Morrison's X-Men, but SWORD seemed a bit dubious.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #110
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

The rights don't make sense. At best, you can find something to point to, but there are many examples on the margins I would have guessed belonged to the other side - particularly with Marvel cosmic.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #111
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

There are a couple rights that don't make sense, but most of them seem pretty solidly based on 'iconic story' with silos around Spidey, X-Men, and FF.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #112
trich19045
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Why did David think he could make an ally of the government? This is the same group that kidnapped and tortured his sister and tried to kill Syd and the others. Nothing about them or their methods suggest they're trustworthy. And I don't remember him and the burned man having much of a connection before so that came out of left field.
Maybe David was able to read Clark's mind in regards to the situation where the leader of the group interrogating told him to kill David but Clark asked that they at least give him until the end of the day. Perhaps David saw that he was willing to give him a measure of mercy so David offered the same to him.

EDIT: If mind-reading or reading thoughts was one of David's abilities. Not sure if it was or not

Last edited by trich19045; 06-19-2017 at 09:09 PM.
trich19045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #113
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Yeah, SWORD was always all about the X-Men, and I'm not sure why anyone thought it'd be with the Avengers, since it is SHIELD affiliated in name only.

I think this episode was a let down. The final conclusion was confusing and contrived, with macguffins all about, and really left David sort of... blank in a way, and the way it ended, with him getting sucked up into a camera thing (WTF? Mojo maybe?) I really felt it was a repeat of the plot of the first season... someone's captured him, he has to break out... it felt grating, even though I suspect they'll have something interesting.

Hopefully less conventions and more answers going forward
SWORD began about the x-men. Which makes sense, because it was in an x-men book. Wolverine debuted in a Hulk book, but he's not part of the Hulk property...

I'm really surprised Fox has this, considering SWORD wasn't even created until 2005, which is long after Fox had made the deal with Marvel. I wouldn't imagine the deal would include any and all future IPs... that just seems outrageous.

SWORD has gone on to do plenty of other non X-Men related things in the books over the years. Anyway, it looks like Marvel might just do the "screw it we don't care" route and replace SWORD with an identical space defence operation, if agents of shield goes where it looks to be going.

So much like Marvel said "to hell with mutants, everything is inhumans now." they might just say "screw SWORD" now we have "SPACE SHIELD"