The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

View Poll Results: Which Netflix TV show did you like the most that will become a Defender?
Matt Murdock/Daredevil 36 70.59%
Jessica Jones(/Jewel?) 12 23.53%
Luke Cage/Power Man 1 1.96%
Danny Rand/Iron Fist 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
Darkraid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Your favorite solo Defenders series?

1) DD S1
2) JJ
3) DD S2
4) IF
5) LC

Sorry Luke, I find the second half of LC to be worst than IF first half.

Everything went downhill after cottonmouth died.

Darkraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #27
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Jessica Jones is my favorite mostly because it's the most re-watchable for me. Daredevil S2 is a close second for Punisher plotline alone.

As for the rest of it, there are pros and cons to each. I don't see myself ever rewatching IF or the second half of Luke Cage. Might skim the Elektra episodes of DD to prepare for Defenders.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #28
Matt Parker
Side-Kick

Daredevil. It introduced me to my second favorite superhero of all time. Matt Murdock is a character that I relate to and look up to a lot as a person, even though he isn't real. I'll be honest, I'm gonna be watching Defenders mostly for DD

Matt Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:28 AM   #29
Daltonio
Avi Arad's Sidekick

Full disclosure, I haven't seen Iron Fist (not that interested) and I stopped watching Luke Cage after Cottonmouth got killed off because I heard it just went downhill from there and he was easily my favorite part of the show. I'll get back to it and finish it eventually... someday.

My favorite is easily Jessica Jones though. The most unique and entertaining of the bunch, imo.

Daltonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #30
The_Manhunter
DCEU & MCU Fan

Tough question. There are pros and cons to each. I definitely had the most fun watching Iron Fist but I wish they had spent more time in Kun Lun and given him his costume.

Jessica Jones is I think the most well done, unfortunately I think it lacked connections to the wider universe.

Daredevil is great, but it is a very traditional superhero show. I tend to prefer a bit of variety usually. I thought Season 2 was a small step back.

Luke Cage is the opposite of Jessica Jones - it does the world building very well but the dialogue and characters aren't done as well.

1) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2) The Avengers: Age of Ultron 3) Man of Steel 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) The Dark Knight 6) Doctor Strange 7) Wonder Woman 8) Captain America: Civil War 9) The Dark Knight Rises 10) The Avengers 11) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 12) Thor: The Dark World 13) Iron Man 14) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 15) X-Men: Days of Future Past 16) Suicide Squad 17) Thor 18) Batman Begins 19) Logan 20) Ant-Man 21) Iron Man 2
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:46 AM   #31
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Daredevil, then Luke Cage. I can't decide which I disliked more between Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. I think Iron Fist was the weaker show, but I had such high expectations for JJ and was so disappointed, that's almost worse.

"Apes. Together. Strong."
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #32
BlackFox
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
For me, Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 are the absolute best Marvel has to offer and may be the most successful adaption of comic book material in terms of tone and character. I know Season 2 didn't wow everybody after those first 4 episodes, but I love the Elektra and Hand stuff as much or maybe even more than the Punisher stuff. Seeing Daredevil fight bunch of ninjas is something I never thought I'd see in live action (even animation). It's like watching a miracle every time.
Agreed, the first two seasons are way ahead of the rest for me although I thought Luke Cage wasnt bad overall either to be fair, couldnt get through JJ and Iron Fist was a grind to get through and such a disappointment. Cant wait for The Defenders though as I feel as a group JJ and IF will work better.

"Dont be what they made you"
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #33
pixen
Side-Kick

Daredevil S2 and S1 are basically tied. Both are just really solid.
Jessica Jones is second as it felt very cohesive and good. Didn't have a huge dip in the middle (though it still had one).
Luke Cage was really great till a certain character got killed off.

Iron Fist was the worst. Just didn't have any stakes to it. Hoping the second season is better.

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote