The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Products > Superhero Products

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #276
Roughneck
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 1

So last night at TRU i actually saw the whole wave without the blue rider. i was amazed. That Thor looks great but i could easily pass on. I ha dKlaw and steve in my hand while walking around but the loger i went on the more paying fourty bucks for them weoghed down on me. I just couldnt justify that kind of money in my head....

Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #277
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
So last night at TRU i actually saw the whole wave without the blue rider. i was amazed. That Thor looks great but i could easily pass on. I ha dKlaw and steve in my hand while walking around but the loger i went on the more paying fourty bucks for them weoghed down on me. I just couldnt justify that kind of money in my head....
Thor is the best figure from the line imo.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #278
Superhero 101
DESI

Finally picked up a MS Amazing Spiderman figure First thing i did was i painted his boots silver and his eyes. I am not a fan of the Gold/yellow eyes.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #279
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

when are we getting the 6inch spider-man figures... people over at fwoosh have them.. but.. ive yet to see any remote hint of them in stores

Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #280
BizarroAids
Heh

Diamond Select has released pics of their next Marvel Select coming soon...and it's Barbarian Hulk

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #281
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

pass

i however and am dying for that new venom... his multiple heads rock

Old 08-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #282
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroAids View Post
Diamond Select has released pics of their next Marvel Select coming soon...and it's Barbarian Hulk

[IMG][/IMG]
You just need that costume on the first Hulk movie figure and he'll look like Samoan or Hawaiian Hulk.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:41 AM   #283
neums

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a MU Bag Head Spidey for the least amount of money? Going close to 20-30 on ebay. I bought 2 FF Spideys (one for display, one to stay on card) and 2 Miles Ultimate variants (for the same reason).

Just now occurred to me that they don't have the nameplates anymore. For that matter, doesn't look like the feet have peg holes in them. I was thinking I'd try to make some custom nameplates for the new ones. Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm going solely for all the different Spider-Men, unless they're more or less identical. I'm even going for the Standing and Upside-down Variants, though I just need one of those loose, for obvious reasons.

My wish-list for future MU Spideys: the "Big Time" suits (Green Sonic, Red Stealth, Bulletproof), the "Ends of the Earth" armor, Scarlet Spider (Kaine) and a Flash Thompson Venom.

Also, I think it's lame that I'm going to have to buy a ASM figure (I really did not care for the new film) just so I can get me a Ben Reilly Spider-Man. But I just may.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #284
Spider-Jay420
Welcome Back Peter Parker

Rough, how do you pass on Thor? That was a mistake, my friend.

Barbarian Hulk? Where did he come from? Odd choice. Pass.

Neums, I like your spider-men display idea. I just wish they'd do all those figures in 6". Id love a Bagman Spidey. And the Horizon suits. That would be a nice looking display. I'm passing on the new film figure. It looks ugly to me. I liked the movie. It was better that the Tobey films. Not much better, it certainly wasn't AMAZING, but it was good. But as far as movie figures, the multiposeable tobey figure works for me.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #285
neums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Jay420 View Post
Neums, I like your spider-men display idea. I just wish they'd do all those figures in 6". Id love a Bagman Spidey. And the Horizon suits. That would be a nice looking display. I'm passing on the new film figure. It looks ugly to me. I liked the movie. It was better that the Tobey films. Not much better, it certainly wasn't AMAZING, but it was good. But as far as movie figures, the multiposeable tobey figure works for me.
You might appreciate this. A few years ago I came across a yard sale. Basically this guy's wife had had enough and was making him clear out a storage unit filled with all action figures (pretty nice ones, too). I found some McFarlane movie monsters series figures (Ash, Freddy and Edward Scissorhands) but the biggest find was one of those 18" movie Spideys from the 2nd movie. I already had one, but with this one I decided to customize it into a black (movie) costume.

Wasn't hard at all, either. Black spray paint, a silver sharpie, a little white for the eyes and a few passes with clear coat spray. Okay, the silver sharpie was kind of a pain, but it turned out nice.

I also found a dismembered head from a Mr. Kotter doll. I occasionally give it to my friends so I can proclaim "Bring me the head of Gabe Kaplan!"

Last edited by neums; 09-01-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #286
Spider-Jay420

That's REALLY cool, man. Nice!

Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #287
neums

Thanks! If I could get my hands on more of these 18-inchers, I once had this grand idea that I'd customize the lot of 'em. The next one I get my hands on will be an Iron Spider-Man. I just dug that costume. I'll have to sand down the web pattern, try not to take out too much of the texture (or just do away with it altogether) and somehow build the waldoes. Do you know what the best materials would be to do that? I'm thinking carve one out, make a mold from that and then filling the mold with... something. I'm new to this.

Also, I can never remember, but what was the proper number of waldoes? I think when Peter rocked the suit it was four, but in the Initiative when the 3 MVP clones operated as the Scarlet Spiders, they only had three waldoes.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:57 AM   #288
Roughneck
Side-Kick

It was only three....which makes no.sense whatsoever.

Passing on thor was east....i dont like the modern thor looks and ive got a coupke good thors in his classic costune already

Old 09-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #289
neums

Quote:
It was only three....which makes no.sense whatsoever.

Passing on thor was east....i dont like the modern thor looks and ive got a coupke good thors in his classic costune already
I dunno. Not being a die-hard Thor fan, something about the classic costume seems too cartoony to me, and I dig the current look. But WTF happened in translating that to the screen for the movies...eesh!

Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #290
Roughneck
Side-Kick

But dont get me wrog its a great looking fig....and i may only pass a few more times before getting.him.

Its really kinda fun hunting and finding what i can on shelves instead of ordering online like the old days.

That said i saw Hope Steve IM and Klaw at wal mart today up in canada....so we are seeing some better coverage than hasbro has done in the past ie.....any coverage really. Also they alwere 17.94 as opposed to TRUs 19.99. Still not great but better so i picked up Klaw. So now i at least have he two i wanted and two new never done MLs

Old 09-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #291
neums

I'm pretty much forced to do either TRU, my LCS or online. The Targets and Walmarts in Indianapolis have all but stopped selling the MU line and concentrate primarily on the movie figs. And I've been to almost everyone, and my gas tank doesn't appreciate it.

As it was explained to me by the guy at my comic shop, Target and Walmart have stopped because eBay retailers were simply buying the unopened boxes whole and milking the return policies to get back what they couldn't make selling on eBay. So, to combat that, the just said screw it and stopped ordering them.

There is this one place that I learned of through buying one on eBay though, that's only open Thurs/Fri/Sat. from noon to 5 and is about 45 minutes from where I live. Only problem is I'd have to get up early to go out there, and I work thirds.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #292
Roughneck
Side-Kick

Lol. I wish.i had problems like getting up 'early' to be somewhere by noon

Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #293
Spider-Jay420

Target has been good to me lately. That's where I found Steve and only $16.04 after taxes. Love it.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #294
MangleBoP
Unemployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neums View Post
Thanks! If I could get my hands on more of these 18-inchers, I once had this grand idea that I'd customize the lot of 'em. The next one I get my hands on will be an Iron Spider-Man. I just dug that costume. I'll have to sand down the web pattern, try not to take out too much of the texture (or just do away with it altogether) and somehow build the waldoes. Do you know what the best materials would be to do that? I'm thinking carve one out, make a mold from that and then filling the mold with... something. I'm new to this.

Also, I can never remember, but what was the proper number of waldoes? I think when Peter rocked the suit it was four, but in the Initiative when the 3 MVP clones operated as the Scarlet Spiders, they only had three waldoes.
It was 3 at first, and no, that made NO sense, but it was 4 later. If I could, I'd customize mine accordingly.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #295
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

https://www.google.com/search?q=iron...Jsuv0AHajID4Dg

the only 4 arm spidey i'm seeing is the MU figure... all other arts and bust have 3.

i gotta admit, while 4 seems more stable... the statue of him with 3 looks pretty bad ass

Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #296
Roughneck
Side-Kick

What did he do with the costume anyway? Like....i guess the MVP clones got it right......even though peter dotched tony during civil war it was still a.better suit than the red and blue one...with.more powers....he shoulda kept it....alsp in the cpmics.is he still in his big time costume?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #297
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

well... apparently his F4 and Big time suits are just as good.. idk though. i quit reading after OneMoreDay... (that crap made the clone saga look like Shakespeare)

there's only one MVP clone anyway now (at least there was only one when i left the books)

Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #298
neums

Yeah. I finally realized what's up.

When Peter had the costume (Iron Spidey), he had 3 waldoes. The Scarlet Spiders (Michael, Van and Patrick) had 4. So, technically, the MU figure is inaccurate unless they call that version the Scarlet Spider.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #299
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
But dont get me wrog its a great looking fig....and i may only pass a few more times before getting.him.

Its really kinda fun hunting and finding what i can on shelves instead of ordering online like the old days.

That said i saw Hope Steve IM and Klaw at wal mart today up in canada....so we are seeing some better coverage than hasbro has done in the past ie.....any coverage really. Also they alwere 17.94 as opposed to TRUs 19.99. Still not great but better so i picked up Klaw. So now i at least have he two i wanted and two new never done MLs
Oh really?

TRU and one of my local comic stores have literally been the only places that have sold MLs for the past few years, and the selection at both locations have been pretty much crap. But if Walmart is starting to stock them again, things might be looking up. And for a comparatively decent price, apparently.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #300
Roughneck
Side-Kick

Yeah man...youre in calgary right? Ive only seem.them.in one wal.mart in.edmonton so far...though ive only checked one. But i.can.cofirm full wave in.both tru and wal mart here

Closed Thread