The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 01-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Episode 3.12 "For Good" (SPOILERS)

Episode description:

Quote:
MORGAN EDGE THREATENS LENA – Someone tries to kill Morgan Edge (guest star Adrian Pasdar) and he barely survives. He accuses Lena (Katie McGrath) of being behind the attempt and vows to destroy her. When Lena fears her hatred for Morgan will take her to the Luthor dark side, Kara (Melissa Benoist) steps in to help her friend. Meanwhile, after Sam (Odette Annable) realizes she’s losing time, she confides in Alex (Chyler Leigh) who decides to run some medical tests to see if she can find out what’s going on with her new friend. Tawnia McKiernan directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner and teleplay by Cindy Lichtman & Alix Sternberg (#312). Original airdate 1/29/18.
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/01/su...ood-press.html

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #2
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Episode 3.12 "For Good" (SPOILERS)

Guess that answers Kelly's question about whether or not they know Sam is Reign yet.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:16 AM   #3
Nia
Side-Kick

I'm yawning already.

Nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:17 AM   #4
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

It does sound a bit redundant to what we've seen before when it comes to Lena/Edge - if it does not result in them FINALLY putting to bed the "will she go full Luthor?!?!" question ~for good~...OR result in her finally learning Kara's identity, then I'm afraid it really will just seem like more of the same. We need some actual progress here.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
BH/HHH
You Are My World

How many times are they gonna recycle her old plots? They already did the “is she bad or good” crap in Season 2 in both the mid season and season finales.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #6
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Sounds like a very boring episode

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:53 PM   #7
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Either Lena or Samantha or both may go full-on evil from this point forward.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:36 AM   #8
SSAV
Side-Kick

They seem to not know what to do with her or this is their version of Lena going "evil" very slowly. Whichever it is, for now, it looks bad. And repetitive.

I hope there is more of Melissa, I mean Kara, than just as Lena-support system in the episode. Otherwise, this takes her away from the main season arc.

I used to like Lena a lot.

But, her storyline seems to hinge on just the one thing since some time now. How everyone, including her, fears she will go evil, how she struggles with it, and how she is actually a saint (donating to kids' hospitals, willing to die for them and all that) despite all this while also being a brilliant business woman. Though she did manage to be manipulated by Rhea in between.

Bring something new to the equation.

And James-Lena love affair is not it; not when you didn't do anything to build it up.

The slight turf war between James and Lena had potential--and it'd have been fun if we had Kara stuck in the middle--but somehow it fizzled out?.

I'd have liked Edge-Lena war in some other show (probably, with some more meat).

I am starting to feel now that once we have the Sam revelation, and once she knows Kara is also an alien, Lena will start hating aliens and join in with Cadmus; which because of the Eugenics thing, I don't like much (not to mention, no girlfriends beside Lena for Kara, so not good).

Last edited by SSAV; 01-15-2018 at 06:41 AM.
SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #9
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

The pics are out for this episode. Guardian's back. Probably defending his girlfriend. Oh boy.

As if I needed more reasons to dislike this James/Lena thing, now they use it to bring back arguably the worst aspect of S2, lol.

Old Today, 03:40 AM   #10
Ink Slinger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
The pics are out for this episode. Guardian's back. Probably defending his girlfriend. Oh boy.

As if I needed more reasons to dislike this James/Lena thing, now they use it to bring back arguably the worst aspect of S2, lol.
For me, I won't argue. It is undoubtedly the worse storyline of the show. I found it so intolerable, the show got relegated to L+7 or more status.

I hate that suddenly, I'm FFW through every Katie scene on rewatch of late, as opposed to rewinding Katie scenes prior to this fast track romance. Seriously, the worse thing about the CW shows is that they have no patience. They wanted FF relationship, so bam, Alex comes out and within 5 eps we have an OTP. I only liked Alex coming part, the subsequent romance was really boring FFW material for me.

Lets pretend James' last name was really Harper, and make him lose Dad's camera, and Bam, Guardian in the very next ep.

Guardian wasn't the smash hit we thought, so lets give James another Romance. O Lena's single, and bam, we have Lames, GuardCorp, whatever.

I actually think that having Cadmus Jim Harper be the Guardian might have been an interesting Vigilante story to act as an antagonist for Supergirl. You wouldn't have had the issues with, "O, I'm actually a shinny, superhero just like you and Clark, Kara." You could have a real vigilante on the loose working against the team that's part of the Cadmus plot. But alas.

I really hope they surprise me with this rinse and repeat cycle. I'm willing to give it a bit of hope for now.

Ink Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote