The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #426
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Telltale's The Walking Dead

Is no.5 the last one? Deciding whether to buy it from XBLA or retail.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #427
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he still blames you regardless

I couldnt ask Clem to shoot Lee either

oh and I found this - thought it was pretty frackin sweet

Badass.

Sucks to hear that regardless of your choice he's still a deranged psychopath. That would've been cool if it made a bit of difference. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Is no.5 the last one? Deciding whether to buy it from XBLA or retail.
Yup, last one! I'm not sure if the retail copy comes with any extra goodies though.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #428
Iceman
Infinity War!

Cool.

Yeah I don't know which to get it on.

Is this GOTY material? Was surprised it got nominated although all my friends who've played it liked it.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #429
Donut
Banned User

Getting the bundle on PS3 store saves you $5 bucks & you just pay $20. The 360 has no bundle online. Or wait for retail

Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #430
Iceman
Infinity War!

I think I'll see how much the retail is going to be here before I choose. Thx

Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #431
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Is this GOTY material? Was surprised it got nominated although all my friends who've played it liked it.
Yes and no imo.... It really isnt that gamey in the traditional sense, but **** me sideways and call me Elizabeth, the story is so great and makes you so emotionally invested due to the minimalistc game qualities that in genuinely connected to my emotional side in a way that traditional media has failed to do so (well at least to that extent) I would love it to get GOTY just so it sells more and we can get more and more sequels -> this game alone could possibly see the repopularisation of the point and click adventure genre

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #432
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Yes and no imo.... It really isnt that gamey in the traditional sense, but **** me sideways and call me Elizabeth, the story is so great and makes you so emotionally invested due to the minimalistc game qualities that in genuinely connected to my emotional side in a way that traditional media has failed to do so (well at least to that extent) I would love it to get GOTY just so it sells more and we can get more and more sequels -> this game alone could possibly see the repopularisation of the point and click adventure genre
Wow, I'll have to play it sooner than planned. So is it totally open to sequels? I don't know anything about it having not watched the TV series. Thought there might be differing major events like character deaths in different people's games that might affect the starting point for future games.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #433
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

the choices never affect the outcomes too much (which Ive heard some people complain about) but its more about the journey, and having to make split second decisions adds to the emotional attachment - its not even in the same universe as the TV show - its set in the comic verse but other than a few small parts early on has few connections to it really, you can enjoy it with n prior knowledge at all

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #434
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Wow, I'll have to play it sooner than planned. So is it totally open to sequels? I don't know anything about it having not watched the TV series. Thought there might be differing major events like character deaths in different people's games that might affect the starting point for future games.
There are sequels being planned. Theyve already announced that they'll be doing a Season 2

Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #435
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
the choices never affect the outcomes too much (which Ive heard some people complain about) but its more about the journey, and having to make split second decisions adds to the emotional attachment - its not even in the same universe as the TV show - its set in the comic verse but other than a few small parts early on has few connections to it really, you can enjoy it with n prior knowledge at all
Right, sounds very intriguing anyway and a lot more than I was expecting from this title (wasn't expecting much when it was announced). I'm going to download & play it soon after hearing these raves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
There are sequels being planned. Theyve already announced that they'll be doing a Season 2
Nice.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #436
Tanin
Vladeck

Finally grabbed the game for the PC and had to spend 2 hours troubleshooting it not working due to me being on Windows 8 and using a controller.

Had fun once I got it working.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #437
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
I've only seen the first two episodes of the show and read the first issue of the comic, and I had no problem following along with anything

Free Original Music
Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #438
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

its def made me want to re-read the comics

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 11-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #439
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
It affects it pretty good. I'd say a lot more than any Mass Effect game. I always felt people thought those games gave you more choice than they actually do which is why the ending didn't bug me. This game I bet by now your version and mine are radically different.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #440
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Wow. Intense finale
Was I the only one who didn't choose to amputate the arm? I didn't want to be walking around with one hand, and I didn't trust Ken/Ben to be able to stop the bleeding.

As an aside, they always make characters more likable before killing them off. I started to like Ben and then he dies a few minutes later, wtf. And WHY didn't Kenny just shoot Ben and then come up the ladder with me? WTF I was so pissed that wasn't an option.

pedophile man was still mad at me despite me never taking his stuff. Was wondering how the station wagon would tie back in. But how did he know about the stuff that happened in Macon? Was he listening in on us the entire game?

I'd have it as GOTY if they fixed the technical side of the game. Did anyone else get weird statistics at the end with just placeholder names? they need to fix that along with making the animations smoother and fixing the save file issues.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #441
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post

pedophile man was still mad at me despite me never taking his stuff. Was wondering how the station wagon would tie back in. But how did he know about the stuff that happened in Macon? Was he listening in on us the entire game?
I think it's implied that Clementine told him about all of their past experiences

Free Original Music
Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #442
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
It affects it pretty good. I'd say a lot more than any Mass Effect game. I always felt people thought those games gave you more choice than they actually do which is why the ending didn't bug me. This game I bet by now your version and mine are radically different.
Having looked at choice outcomes it handles all of that stuff almost exactly the same way that ME does. Thankfully, I've got no problem with that but you're WD experience is not going to wildly change from game to game. The details certainly will, and the context definitely but that is in a manner again very similar to ME.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.

Last edited by Upset Spideyfan; 11-21-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #443
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Wow. Intense finale
Was I the only one who didn't choose to amputate the arm? I didn't want to be walking around with one hand, and I didn't trust Ken/Ben to be able to stop the bleeding.

As an aside, they always make characters more likable before killing them off. I started to like Ben and then he dies a few minutes later, wtf. And WHY didn't Kenny just shoot Ben and then come up the ladder with me? WTF I was so pissed that wasn't an option.

I'd have it as GOTY if they fixed the technical side of the game. Did anyone else get weird statistics at the end with just placeholder names? they need to fix that along with making the animations smoother and fixing the save file issues.
The latest update on PSN did.

Also,
i didn't amputate Lee's arm simply because I knew it wouldn't save him (he wouldn't blackout if it hadn't already gotten to his brain) and in other playthroughs, It's shown that Kenny shoots Ben but couldn't make it up with Lee, but for me, Ben died in Episode 4 so Kenny died in a much better way without Ben there to break the balcony. In mine, Christa fell through a roof after Lee dropped the walkie talkie in there as well. We couldn't get her back up, so Kenny dove in and boosted her up when walkers appeared out of the darkness and swarmed him, giving him an implied death.

Overall, great episode.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #444
jacobed
Banned User

I don't think those statistics are real because I played ch. 3 completely offline and I still got them at the end

Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #445
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post

Also,
i didn't amputate Lee's arm simply because I knew it wouldn't save him (he wouldn't blackout if it hadn't already gotten to his brain) and in other playthroughs, It's shown that Kenny shoots Ben but couldn't make it up with Lee, but for me, Ben died in Episode 4 so Kenny died in a much better way without Ben there to break the balcony. In mine, Christa fell through a roof after Lee dropped the walkie talkie in there as well. We couldn't get her back up, so Kenny dove in and boosted her up when walkers appeared out of the darkness and swarmed him, giving him an implied death.

Overall, great episode.
Same for me, I thought that scene was fantastic.

Free Original Music
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #446
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Just finished it. I was simply a wreck at the end.

I chose to amputate Lee's arm but only because the optimist in me believe he would survive. I was a bit disappointed on the stranger's motivations. Even though I didn't take the food, I was still the center of his revenge. And also, I thought it was funny that he thinks Lee is unfit to care for Clem because of the bad decisions he made but without knowing the story behind it.

My favorite part of the ep is with Lee & Clem sharing their last moment together. I was on the verge of tears when Clem begged Lee to get up and come with her. I let Clem shoot Lee because he promised her that he would never let her turn to a walker and I believe she wouldn't want the same with Lee.

And holy **** that post credit-scene! I liked that it was ambiguous but dammit I really hope it was Christa and Omid.

Had never been emotionally invested in fictional characters before starting this journey with Lee and Clementine. It was an experience unlike anything I've ever played. So massive kudos to Telltale, this game is no doubt my GOTY.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #447
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post

Also,

Overall, great episode.
I preferred Kenny's death through saving Ben. Gives him a much more complete character arc.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the stranger both sounds and looks exactly like Steve Buscemi?

Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #448
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Really weird question, I am replaying from Episode 1 through 5 and based on the picture of Clementine's parents, they are African-American. The Walking Dead wiki lists Clem's ethnicity as African-American as well. I thought she was Asian. Am I the only one who made this mistake?

Old 11-22-2012, 01:26 AM   #449
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Really weird question, I am replaying from Episode 1 through 5 and based on the picture of Clementine's parents, they are African-American. The Walking Dead wiki lists Clem's ethnicity as African-American as well. I thought she was Asian. Am I the only one who made this mistake?
I thought she was Asian as well, but during the first chapter everyone automatically assumed Clem was Lee's daughter so maybe she is black...

Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #450
Evelisse
Exactly

maybe she's like a Cosby kid, they were all different shades

but the game was great, anyone think Clem was out of bullets? Is that why she picked some up off the floor in the end there? If that wasn't Omid and Christa I'd like to think if she had the ammo, she would be able to shoot them, she had plenty of space around to run away if she missed and could try again I guess. But I choose to think it was them, and they made it.

I wouldn't mind at all Clem making it to the comic book or even better the show, would have like Lee on the show as well.

Closed Thread