The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #476
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Telltale's The Walking Dead

I just started playing this and finished Episode 1 and loved it! I chose to save Duck and immediately regretted it bc I figured Shawn would be more help. Oh well. Cant stand Larry and was hoping Id be given the option of refusing to find the medication so the old fart could die. Him cornering me in the end threatening me over "liking" his daughter felt so out of left field bc I cant stand her and none of my interactions with her suggest otherwise. This was longer than I expected it to be based on comments I read. Are the others about the same length? Anyways, gonna start up on Episode 2 next and work my way up.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #477
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

HAHAHA a Newbie! You'll love this gave Havok. The episodes are all amazing. They get better and better. You need the rest of them.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #478
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

I'm watching somebody play this on youtube(Laziness achievement unlocked!) and this story is amazing. Just finished Ep 1. Larry and Duck...pls go.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #479
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Duck grew on me.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #480
Havok83
Side-Kick

I finished up episode 2 this weekend and wow. The thing was simply amazing. I love how it proceeds like an actual episode of the show. Great presentation here. Having only played 2/5ths of this game, I can say it was a steal at $20. This seriously could have been a full priced $60 retail title. I thought the first 40% did so much, and there's still 60% to go.

I liked Mark I thought he was a great new character. Was horrified at what happened to him. I thought for sure he was dead when Brenda was making excuses for why he wasnt showing up. Did not expect to see him alive with his legs chopped up behind the closet

Characterization and writing is great. I cant beleive I went from hating Lily in episode 1 to beign real sympathetic towards her here. She was presented as a romantic interest in episode 1 but I wasnt feeling it but thats changed now. It didnt help Carly's case that she was gone for the most part. If they play up a triangle between these two in the future, not sure who Id pick

Man I really want to continue liking Kenny but he's making it so hard. I keep making choices to try and appease hmi (like giving his entire family food), yet he flips out when I dont agree with him. Im thinking my Lee is gonna have to let him loose eventually. Such a shame bc I think his wife and kid are worth caring for

Anyways gonna try episode 3 real soon.

How much choice does this game really have? Many games which give off the allusion of such seem that way at first but when you go back and try things differently, things turn out the same for the most part. Is that the case here as well? Does the story branch off in different ways depending on what you do or does it all for the most part stay the same?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #481
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

It's like the Final Destination movies, you can't change the destiny of the characters, only postpone it.

I'm replaying it following through different choices and being as bad as I can be, and what I can state is that you can't change the fate, but you can change how you get there.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #482
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Man I really want to continue liking Kenny but he's making it so hard. I keep making choices to try and appease hmi (like giving his entire family food), yet he flips out when I dont agree with him. Im thinking my Lee is gonna have to let him loose eventually. Such a shame bc I think his wife and kid are worth caring for
That annoyed me about Kenny too. I did a lot for the guy, but that all seemed to go out the window when I'd even consider agreeing with someone else.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #483
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

Kenny's a jerk but by the end of the series I helped him where I felt I could and told him off when he went overboard and he was a good guy by the end.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #484
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

The first episode is free on XBL. For now at least.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #485
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im midway through Episode 3 and up to the part where you and Ben are about to go search the train and my thoughts at this point is F everyone. I just want to take Clementine and run.

Carley was like the only person I truly trusted and then Lily goes and blow her head in. I was sympathetic towards Lily before but after that, Im done with her. Kenny's been a lost cause for quite sometime now and I definetly dont trust him. Duck's been bitten so he needs to die before he turns on us. Kat isnt so bad but she comes as a packaged pair with Kenny. Finally theres Ben and I never cared for him. Clementine's the only decent one left and Im done caring for this crazy group. Screw them. I need to find a way to ditch them

Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #486
Iceman
Infinity War!

What day is the sale for this? Don't want to miss it.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #487
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

love reading your thoughts as you're playing this Havok!

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #488
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Oh poor poor Havok.

The Doctor
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #489
Big Green
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
what day is the sale for this? Don't want to miss it.
12/27/12

Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #490
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
12/27/12
Excellent, thanks.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #491
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
love reading your thoughts as you're playing this Havok!
Haha, well im glad Im finally playing so i can post those thoughts

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Wow, did not see Lily just stealing the RV and leaving everyone stranded. I have a few choice 5 letter words for her that I'll keep to myself. I hope she pops up in the future and i get to watch her die

Wow, Kenny. Scratch the stuff I said about hating and wanting to rid myself of him. After he accepted the fact that Duck was a goner and Kat killed herself, I really felt bad for the guy. He truly has no one but me and unfortunately without them around to protect, I think he will be less selfish and more level headed. Im glad he didnt rip into me for not telling him about going to jail. I think I'll try to stick with and help him out.....for now

I instantly distrusted Chuck bc of all that went down with the group, but he seems like he means well, espeically when it came to giving me advice on Clementine

Im not so sure on Omid and Christa. I definetly was feeling what she was saying about being able to survive so long bc it was just the two of them and not a group as Ive been wanting to break away from the group. I like Omid. He seems like a fun character. Christa? Not so much. Will keep my eye on her

Wasnt expecting that ending with the radio message. Didnt even think that thing worked and curious as to who is behind it. Man cant wait to start Episode 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
Yuuup don't read spoilers lol,

I'm surprised so many people let the woman suffer.
Im not. The choice was quite easy actually.
The woman was bitten so she already was dead. Spare her what a few more minutes of torture? That wasnt going to change her fate. She did buy me time to get the supplies that the rest of the group needed and if I had shot her, the walkers would have been tipped off to me and going out would have been a waste. Now had she not been bitten, Id have considered saving her, but it was too late

Last edited by Havok83; 12-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #492
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

I left Lilly behind. Anyone that took her onto the RV was CRAZY. How you could justify bringing a person who had just MURDERED a member of the group for saying no to her is beyond me. Remind me not to be in any of your survivor groups!

The Doctor
Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #493
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post

I left Lilly behind. Anyone that took her onto the RV was CRAZY. How you could justify bringing a person who had just MURDERED a member of the group for saying no to her is beyond me. Remind me not to be in any of your survivor groups!
LOL...as pissed as I was at her, I felt bad bc she was still very emotional due to what happened to her father and and getting confirmation that someone was betraying them. I didnt think she was a bad person, just someone put in an awful position who let the pressure get to her. Then she also mentioned that Lee was a killer as he killed in the heat of he moment and I know my guy wasnt a bad person as well. I had no clue what I would do with her at that point, but I didnt think it was right to leave her on the side of the road to die alone. I guess a part of me wanted to give her a second chance as I was given one. Too bad she ended up screwing me over in the end anyway

Old 12-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #494
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Buncha pansies.

Little bit of trivia for Walking Dead comic fans:

Lilly was intended to be the chick who shot and killed Lori, the baby and the Governor.

The Doctor
Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #495
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

intended? it is the same one I thought?

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #496
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

From the wiki:

Quote:
Upon the release of the Road to Woodbury novel, which features a different back-story for Lilly than the video game, the developer Telltale Games removed from the official website all references to Lilly being the same character from the comic series. Also, the in-game achievement that displays when Lilly leaves the group was changed from "Woodbury bound" to "What now?" This indicates that Telltale Games changed the game Lilly to be a different Lilly from the comics and novels after all, in an effort to keep all three mediums in the same canon.

The Doctor
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #497
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

ah didn't know that... thats kinda annoying... I'm gonna go on assuming it's the same one

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #498
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post

Because she's good with a good...and there weren't many others who could shoot as well as her.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #499
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

And the next time she decides to go and be unstable I bet her being a real good shot would be a real boon to the group.

That is if she hadn't gone and lost her **** and left the entire group to die.

My logic was: Psychologically unstable woman with a gun is not somebody I want in an RV with Clementine.

The Doctor
Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #500
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Haha, well im glad Im finally playing so i can post those thoughts

Wow, did not see Lily just stealing the RV and leaving everyone stranded. I have a few choice 5 letter words for her that I'll keep to myself. I hope she pops up in the future and i get to watch her die

Wow, Kenny. Scratch the stuff I said about hating and wanting to rid myself of him. After he accepted the fact that Duck was a goner and Kat killed herself, I really felt bad for the guy. He truly has no one but me and unfortunately without them around to protect, I think he will be less selfish and more level headed. Im glad he didnt rip into me for not telling him about going to jail. I think I'll try to stick with and help him out.....for now

I instantly distrusted Chuck bc of all that went down with the group, but he seems like he means well, espeically when it came to giving me advice on Clementine

Im not so sure on Omid and Christa. I definetly was feeling what she was saying about being able to survive so long bc it was just the two of them and not a group as Ive been wanting to break away from the group. I like Omid. He seems like a fun character. Christa? Not so much. Will keep my eye on her

Wasnt expecting that ending with the radio message. Didnt even think that thing worked and curious as to who is behind it. Man cant wait to start Episode 4
Episode 4 is my favorite. I thought it was the creepiest and it wasn't because of the zombies.
If you can, play it in the dark of night, when there is no one to bother you. But play it all at once so the mood isn't interrupted. If you have the same experience that I did, then I think you're going to enjoy it as much.

Closed Thread