The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 06-12-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
jolldan
Side-Kick

Default Ghost Of Tsushima

The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan—until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But honorable tactics won’t lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting—the way of the Ghost—as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.

Probably my best surprise of E3 this game looks great, just a thread to talk about the game in general. What you liked most, what maybe you weren't as crazy about and what else your hope will be in it.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: Ghost Of Tsushima

I loved the cinematic touch but I felt the gameplay was a a little flat

Old 06-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

I was kinda like that when I saw God of War's gameplay, but it is SOOOO good when we actually get to play it. I think it'll be the case here.

Not that I didn't like what I've seen. I want to play it, already.

Last edited by Jick; 06-12-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #4
psylockolussus
Fierce User

It looks really pretty.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #5
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

This didn't already have its own thread? Weird.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I was sort of blown away by this game's stylish cinematic flare. I think it's too early to judge the gameplay, so far it's clearly just the bare basics

TheWallCrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #7
Silvermoth
Avenger

It looks absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait! It’s always so nice when you see game developers revel in colour

Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 AM   #8
jolldan
Side-Kick

You know there is going to be at least one sick battle scene in a tranquil field full of cherry blossom tree's lol

Can't imagine moves like this ever getting old

Old 06-14-2018, 12:47 AM   #9
Elayis
Side-Kick

This is looking really good, I can't wait. Glad to see the combat is more realistic and less video gamey.

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Spider-Man 2 12 Superman: The Movie 13 Constantine '05 14 Age of Ultron 15 Black Panther 16 Wonder Woman
Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:43 AM   #10
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

How do people here feel about this compared to Shadows Die Twice? Both games have their unique voices while sharing some similarities. I prefer GoT for its artful cinematic style, but SDT has an interesting dark fantasy vibe thats also very interesting

TheWallCrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
Elayis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
How do people here feel about this compared to Shadows Die Twice? Both games have their unique voices while sharing some similarities. I prefer GoT for its artful cinematic style, but SDT has an interesting dark fantasy vibe thats also very interesting
Personally, I have no interest in it as I don't enjoy FromSoftware's games; not enough story/character development.

Whereas with GoT, I already have a history of enjoying their games (Infamous). And like you said, a big part of my anticipation comes from the cinematic style and pacing the game appears to have, as well as music composed by Shigeru Umebayashi (who did films like A Single Man, In the Mood for Love, House of Flying Daggers, 2046).

1 The Dark Knight 2 Batman Begins 3 X-Men 4 Iron Man 5 Dark Knight Rises 6 X2 7 Kick-Ass 8 Hulk 9 Spider-Man 10 X-Men: First Class 11 Spider-Man 2 12 Superman: The Movie 13 Constantine '05 14 Age of Ultron 15 Black Panther 16 Wonder Woman
Elayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #12
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Shadows Die Twice come from arguably the best developer in the business. Do not an RPG, but an action game. So, yeah, as cool as Ghost looks to me, it has to be Shadows Die Twice.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #13
venom892
Coming Home

I'm highly anticipating this game. It looks like it'll pay tribute to Kurosawa in the same way Red Dead did to Leone.

venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #14
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
I think they're completely different experiences that are under a similar setting and I want to equally play both. From's game isn't really concerned about reality, while GoT seems so much more grounded. Both seem fun in their own way.

I'll give art style for GoT, though. Even if we haven't seen enough from Sekiro, I think it'll be hard to beat what GoT is bringing to us visually.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:52 PM   #15
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
I loved the cinematic touch but I felt the gameplay was a a little flat
Same here. Looking forward to seeing more.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:52 PM   #16
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Just based on what we saw at the show I'd choose SDT.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:49 PM   #17
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayis View Post
Personally, I have no interest in it as I don't enjoy FromSoftware's games; not enough story/character development.

Whereas with GoT, I already have a history of enjoying their games (Infamous). And like you said, a big part of my anticipation comes from the cinematic style and pacing the game appears to have, as well as music composed by Shigeru Umebayashi (who did films like A Single Man, In the Mood for Love, House of Flying Daggers, 2046).
I cant wait for Ghost but i have zero interest in the other game and before that game i had never heard of the company that is doing that game before either.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote