The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #151
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Default Re: Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

As someone who made requests on how I want the game to be, I admit that I did not ask for anything new or original.

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #152
Nathan

Can't honestly think of any innovations I'd want either. It might barely do anything new, but I am more than satisfied with Insomniac just trying to perfect the formula.

When their only complaint is that a game just isn't innovative enough, they're basically saying "We can find any fault with the product, but we still need the clicks."

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM   #153
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

an open world Manhattan can be fresh depending on what you can do there. the demo had only a hair of what's in the final game, so whether this game is innovative enough is left to be seen. I am most interested in what else there is to do, other than enemy waves and stealth. if they nail that and have good variety, then it will be innovative enough

I try to be positive now. I just want to play the final product as soon as possible

TheWallCrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #154
First Avenger
Side-Kick

I mean, we have only had the Arkham games as far as AAA, single-player superhero games go, and this looks to be a better package than Arkham Knight when you consider gameplay/graphics and a story heavily focused on the ''Man'' side.

Besides, many Gotys such as TloU, UC4 or the new GoW focus more on how polished they are in every aspect and giving an emotion and/or spectacle-filled ride that elevates rather than innovates the medium. I think that's exactly where Spider-Man is heading, firing on every possible cylinder.

Last edited by First Avenger; Yesterday at 11:45 AM.
First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #155
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I hope you don't run out of things to do in the main campaign after a while, that is -in my opinion- one fault common in the Arkham games, especially Asylum.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #156
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I hope you don't run out of things to do in the main campaign after a while, that is -in my opinion- one fault common in the Arkham games, especially Asylum.
Basically my biggest gripe with the Arkham games, at the end of Asylum, you're just walking around an empty mental hospital with nothing to do, at the end of City you're just roaming around randomly beating the crap out of people, and pretty much the same with Knight and Origins, the only random events they had involved just beating people up, and that was it. I hope we have a really good variety of random events in this game.

KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #157
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Basically my biggest gripe with the Arkham games, at the end of Asylum, you're just walking around an empty mental hospital with nothing to do, at the end of City you're just roaming around randomly beating the crap out of people, and pretty much the same with Knight and Origins, the only random events they had involved just beating people up, and that was it. I hope we have a really good variety of random events in this game.

YOUTUBE

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #158
Nathan

The one thing I always wanted was for the villains to roam free, with a chance to bump into them, giving us the occasional boss battle. I think the Ultimate Spider-Man game did it with Shocker and Boomerang, but that was pretty lackluster, as you could take them down like regular thugs I think.

I'd really love to free roam for like half an hour, only to see Rhino rushing down the street, and we engage him in an open world boss battle.

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #159
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
The one thing I always wanted was for the villains to roam free, with a chance to bump into them, giving us the occasional boss battle. I think the Ultimate Spider-Man game did it with Shocker and Boomerang, but that was pretty lackluster, as you could take them down like regular thugs I think.

I'd really love to free roam for like half an hour, only to see Rhino rushing down the street, and we engage him in an open world boss battle.
This would be VERY cool. I do remember what you're talking about with Ultimate Spider-Man, too. I always thought that was neat.

I genuinely don't know what I would want in terms of innovation in a Spider-Man game. Maybe something different in terms of tone (i.e. super dark/realistic) to force gameplay change? But personally, Insomniac is just perfecting an already pretty great formula. And all I want is to have a good time with this game. And I know I will. In fact, I think I'll have a great time. TASM2 was a terrible game but I still beat it.

Spider-Man hooks me. It's a curse.

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #160
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
I wouldn't say nitpicky. I know exactly what they are talking about and I agree. I was hoping to see the same sort of momentum from SM2 here as well. It is a "thing" that SM2 does insanely right.When I said that jumping off the ESB doesn't have the right feeling, a few pages ago, THAT was what I was referring to, not the diving effects.

Yeah. I was disappointed to see that Insomniac did in fact go for only a partially physics based system. There are tons of times through out the demos I've watched where Spidey floats because the game doesn't know how to have him interact with the ground during his web-firing animation. But there are times where he'll connect to a building at a high velocity and dart in an unexpected direction. So there is physics at play, but not always.

But my main interest is game feel. If it FEELS good, I'll enjoy it. It's more about the rhythm than anything else to me. There needs to be a flow to it that keeps me going. That's the game loop for Spider-Man (at least for me).

We do get to see the third skin. They didn't directly say, but it'll be revealed at San Diego Comic Con next month. The statue won't be revealed and even has a note on it for you not to open it until you get to a certain part of the game. So I imagine it's the main villain.

The only thing you "can't" get is the full Collector's Edition. The digital deluxe edition (no physical version) has all the DLC, suits, and pre order bonuses; but no art book, steel case with the game, or statue. THAT one is now technically out of stock.

That is a STUPID good idea. Love it.

Also, for those interested: Bryan hinted at a charged jump upgrade in the Q&A livestream
If I buy the physical game can't I still download any DLC?

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #161
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
If I buy the physical game can't I still download any DLC?
Of course. It'll be available to buy as a season pass and I think each of the 3 will be available to purchase individually, as well.

I think the pre order bonuses are available for the regular version, too. If for whatever reason they're not, all of the suits and the spider-drone gadget are unlockable in-game.